A new SOCOM successor?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Eagle_F15, May 18, 2017.

1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 iDub Scrub

A few SOCOM OG's have claimed to have played the next successor? They have tweeted it! Is something close!? The only game I know coming to early access is Task Force! The recent video looked pretty good, if that's the game they are talking about? Anything else out there in the works?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I doubt they're talking about Task Force. Not only do I think they know the story with Redline, I've seen the most recent stream of BMilitant playing and it's not nearly far along enough to make those sorts of claims.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  3. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 iDub Scrub

Yeah, just my assumption. For it is the only game besides HHOUR in early access.

Edit: Task Force will soon be in EA.

4. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 iDub Scrub

They are talking about Task Force! I'm very eager to try this out!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. XtErmin8

XtErmin8 Butterstick

Lol I was just about to post something about this. I got the answer from another source. Focuzed will be streaming it tomorrow night at about 9pm est.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  6. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Well, RIP that. Also kinda odd to me that they would hype it up like that if they know Redline's history of self implosion and spiteful acts against his own communities.

Tawok, MR.BLUE and domino99 like this.
  7. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

I keep trying to tell you guys that 90% of the SOCOM community doesn't give a fuck about that kind of shit.

carkie and Almericus like this.
  8. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Not saying this to start an argument.

From what we have gathered, there are a lot more SOCOMers out there than those that frequent this site. (not saying tens of thousands, but you get my drift)

Would it be safe to say then that a lot of people are not aware of the crap Redline pulls? I mean, I know those that have played his games have felt the brunt of his personality, but what about those that haven't and don't know what's happened?

Perhaps if that 90% knew, they wouldn't get behind him. Then again, the game looks good, so who knows?

Just bringing this up to discuss, with this portion of the thread ending very shortly. Not trying to get into a 10 pager LOL.

RaidenXS and domino99 like this.
  9. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

It's really a double edged sword to be the white knights of SOCOM. If we go around constantly reminding people of the grievances we have with certain guys, we look like bitter douche bags that can't let the past stay in the past. Obviously, some of us have had or still do have the desire to fan the flames and carry the burden forward. I've come to notice from looking at other SOCOM communities, that were regarded as the drama center, an opinion that isn't exactly positive. I've also seen it stated several times that most SOCOM fans, including a lot of of long time TRS regulars - "I don't give a fuck where I get my SOCOM from. I don't care if the President raped my mother. If it plays like [my favorite SOCOM], then I don't give a shit".

What Redline did is fucked up, and honestly he could've been charged with some felonies for his backdooring. But the powers that be decided against pressing charges, and have even forgiven and moved on, even working with the guy. So it seems silly to me that we keep grinding this axe while the original offenders don't even give a shit anymore.

Just my opinion. Watch me roll under the bus for it again.

10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Well, my intention was not to bait you into getting bussed. I was just bringing up a discussion point is all. We all have differing opinions on things, so be it as far as I am concerned.

I've also seen the stance about playing it no matter what if it's like SOCOM. For me SOCOM is not the be all end all of gaming. With that being said, I cannot in my right mind say WITHOUT question that I would or would not play Task Force. I have had a lot of fun with other games since SOCOM's demise, so I am not hanging on to a thread hoping my gaming interests will be re-piqued. They never left. Granted I game less now due to more outside responsibilities, but I still game. I've been enjoying the hell out of Andromeda regardless of the issues. I can't wait for Destiny 2 so I can play with @Animal-_- and @Smokey_Run. And there are other games that I'm sure I'll look forward to.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out. I'm in the same boat as you, where if the original people that were screwed over don't care anymore, than I don't either. However, I will forever stay frosty when it comes to future initiatives. I know I don't put as much effort into getting the ball rolling as others may, but I am still interested in the goings-on...

Smokey_Run and Tawok like this.
  11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Hey, I'm always cautiously optimistic with Redline. He's a talented guy. It's one thing for the average community member who just wants a game to be interested, it's another entirely for guys who have reach and are trying to build a name in gaming media to start calling something a "true successor" when the source of that game has a proven track record of dumping on the people who've supported him almost as a rule.

I just would hope that knowing who Red is that these two guys would avoid leading people on this strongly before there's a real reason to. I watched BMilitant's stream earlier this week, and the game is not at that point. Not even close. I like both of these guys and they're risking their brands by pushing this hard, this soon. I'm not suggesting anyone shit on the game or even not cover it, just be careful going all in with the "true successor" thing. I don't want to see then burned.

12. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

so put your money where your mouth is! get out there and push this game! come on man, get the hype machine rolling, back the mans brand! you can sit there and complain about what people say about him or you can jump in with both feet and prove the "haters" wrong!

Ditch likes this.
  13. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

After the 10 inch shlonging Tom gave Abel you would think he'd be more cautious about who he promotes.

Ditch and everythingred like this.
  14. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

I was digging it until I saw the FPS mode.

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  15. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Not everything has to be black and white, Mr. Bush. "either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.""

I'll promote any SOCOM project that's proven itself. If Abel and Focuzed feel that Task Force is at that point, more power to 'em. I haven't played it, and wasn't super hyped from the small glimpse of gameplay we were given. Thanks for the suggestion though.

WAR_PIG, Focuzed and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  16. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 iDub Scrub

Reminds me of the Insurgency mod, in which I did enjoy but will it have the same feel? If so that was not Socom 1 or 2.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  17. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I'll be dead honest, and it has nothing to do with who is making the game or not, but I like the way the game @Bigfry has been talking about looks and plays over what I have seen of Task Force.

Now, that's not to say I think Battlegrounds is a spiritual successor to SOCOM, but the game looks pretty fun so far...

Bigfry likes this.
  18. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

how does it compare to ProCon, you think?

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  19. Focuzed

Focuzed 203 Spammer

This is a reply not only to you Animal, but to the thread as a whole I guess.

I can 100% understand people questioning the whole outlook, I guess I wouldn't expect anything less tbh. I've been around here for years and years. Years I feel like even before TRS switched to the new forums and I had to relink my account. I don't post a lot, but I do lurk threads quite often. Socom is and will always be a passion of mine. Socom means so much to each one of us for our own specific reasons. Socom got me through a REALLY rough patch of my life and w/o it, I may not be here today. I know that sounds insane, but again, we each have our own reasons why it means so much to us.

I bring that up because, I feel I owe my life to a "brand" that I'll never ever stop fighting for. I've worked with Redline in the past, and it didn't end on the best note. I haven't had contact with him in years, since when I worked with him on Socom: Source. So everything I've always heard SINCE MY experience with him, I took in stride and accepted as who he was. But that's only one side of the story, which I never cared to get the other side. I know the situation that Redline put TRS in, but again, I don't know his side of any of it.

I sat down with him yesterday, behind closed doors, and got some of his side of the story on things, not TRS related I wasn't touching that/nor did I care too stir that beast. Other issues, that I've heard, been told, experienced, and until you get both sides of a story, it's he said/she said. I can say one thing, the issues him and I had, a LOT of it was misunderstandings and I wanna make it clear that issues him and I had, WERE ALL ON ME. I didn't realize it at the time, but after hearing his side of the story yesterday, I realized that he wasn't the monster that I had grown to think he was. In fact, I was the monster in the situation, and I need that to be clear.

My decision to work with him, was based on our conversation and the previous statement of never ever stop fighting. There is no denying, that this guy has INSANE talent. I made sure he understood, that I know that, as well as a lot of the community. He admits he doesn't have the will to deal with the bullshit the Socom community throws at him, for his work, and misunderstandings that people only have one side of the story on. That's why I had to go through other sources to be able to get a meeting with him. He doesn't want to be in the public eye, he wants to sit back and do what he loves and honestly what he does best, and that's bring this fucking community of diligent assholes, the true 3rd person tactical shooter we all want. I mean face it, we are Socomers. We are assholes, in every sense of the word. It's in our blood.

But Redline isn't the Redline I PERSONALLY worked with years ago. To me, at least, after having a one on one for what ended up being hours last night, he's a more mature version that knows what he needs to do. This isn't a mod he's working on, this is his game, his company, his life. And to me, it seems he understands that and wants to let us, in the public eye, help him with the testing, the promotion, because honestly, we have the thick skin. I've been in the streaming game for over 8 years now. If I ever, at any point, cared about what people said to me, I would have stopped long ago. But it's my passion, entertaining people, making friends, bring joy to someone's night or to play with those people who don't have another outlet. Trust me, there are more people out there that need the simplest "Hey, hope your night was awesome!" comment to turn them around, then people honestly know.

Now, onto the "true successor" comment. Is it too early to "push" that narrative? I can say possibly. I played the game last night and even in the current alpha state, It's exactly what we need and what we've been wanting. Watching a video, and playing it for yourself are two different things. The game just feels right. Redline knows Socom, and knows his shit. But he's only human, so hes deploying us Socomers, with public reach and common sense to help test the game because a broader scope of feedback helps fine tune these mechanics to the best they can be.

Could the entire project crash and burn and I'm stuck explaining to people what happened as the "influencer"? Of course it could, trust me, we've been burned time and time again. I know that. But what I also see, is someone, as stated before, risking his reputation and company on this. This isn't something he can just "pull out of" easily. This is his lifeblood atm. He knows he doesn't want to deal with the public, and that's what I'm here to do.

My "job" as a media influencer is to hype people up, for the right reasons, and get people interested in a product. I don't and have NEVER done any work with a company or a PR rep for anything I personally do not believe in. I would not promote something just because. People may disagree with my thoughts regarding situations, and that's understandable. Like I said, I've been in this "game" for a very long time, and have seen it all. But I wouldn't truly put my brand on something, I didn't personally believe in. And I believe in this. Knowing who is behind it, I wouldn't trust anyone else more than Redline for his skill in being able to bring this to us. I am willing to take that risk, as I do with any development company I work with.

This is a risk, for me, for anyone involved, for the community. And not because it's Redline, because it's yet ANOTHER opportunity to fail the Socom community. But, it could also be the light at the end of a VERY fucking long and dark tunnel. I ask you to put your faith in ME, in my ability to bring you honest coverage of something with a promising start. There are others working with this project and I ask you put your faith in them as well. We are true Socomers in every sense of the word, and again, as previously stated "I'll NEVER EVER stop fighting" I love seeing people involved in the conversation, because it shows that you still haven't given up fighting either! #Oorah

Drum and Animal-_- like this.
  20. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 iDub Scrub

I need to play it. Project Con was more fluid in movement just by watching the videos. But, very similar, Con style!