A new SOCOM successor?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Eagle_F15, May 18, 2017.

1. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Can you compare it to your other favorite game to stream, H-Hour? Kappa

Focuzed likes this.
  2. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

Shut up, you're fat!

carkie and Tawok like this.
  3. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

I just found out myself, yeah.

Tawok and Focuzed like this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Gonna need some nudes from You, Redline, and Abel before I even consider supporting this.

5. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

How much fluoride has been in your water lately?

WAR_PIG and MACK IS GOD like this.
  6. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

My nudes will only be viewable on widescreen displays. Will that be ok?

7. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp Night Stalker

PS4 in the plans??

Drum likes this.
  8. MACK IS GOD

Implying I dont have a 500 gallon rainwater collection setup on my roof that feeds down into a 9 stage particulate filtration system that removes anything above 0.5 Nanometers before being boiled in a vacuum sealed clean room where Iodine is added then refiltered through a Pelican PC600 filtration system before then going through another Pelican UV Max Pro to provide Ultraviolet disinfection before a single drop ever enters the pipes in my house.

Thats just the water I shower, wash my hands with and flush down the toilet.

The water my cats, birds and I drink and I use in cooking is from icebergs that are brought south by Japanese tugboats and mined from the center with a drill and vacuumed out and shipped to me.

Big Brother needs to do better than Fluoride to get to me.

9. MACK IS GOD

I would expect nothing less.

Focuzed likes this.
  10. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

You misspelled "some people throw ..." And if it's truly "bullshit," then even the fragilest of egos can logically demolish it as such, and instantly move on w/o a hitch. Maybe "harsh criticism" or even "abuse" would be a better choice here. IDK. I just think "community" is too broad a brush.
    Hey, let's speak for ourselves here. I'd never be an asshole to someone who tried, and arguably failed, to deliver a SOCOM expurience. For example, H-Hour. No matter how badly I thought SOFs were missing the target -- or how poorly they were managing the project and PR -- I and many others never even approached asshole level. No. The only time I might be an asshole is when I think someone or something is ruining the actual in-game experience. For example, when an enemy is sponging bullets and explosives, thus preventing me or a teammate from winning the round and ultimately causing my team to lose to match -- or when opponents are using the wall-slide to their advantage when they know it's considered unethical and unSOCOM to do so. Then, I might lash out like an asshole. ;-)

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  11. BMilitant

BMilitant Green Up

There are plans for console, it will be some time but unlike other Devs who talk about bringing a game to console, These Devs actually mean it. They have also talked about trying to get all consoles and PC on one network. Seeing that there will be controller only rooms, this would work. Just keep checking for updates on the matter. I'm sure there will be more solid information on this when Alpha comes to a close

Focuzed likes this.
  12. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

This.

I reserve judgment until I play it but this looks just like Resurgence which did not feel like Socom even in the slightest bit. Was cool for what it was and fun but definitely not a "true Socom successor".

Maybe this will feel different but it doesn't look like it does.

CreepinOnAhComeUp likes this.
  13. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I don't mind giving Task Force and Redline a chance. This is his first real project imo. Previously he was working with completed games twisting a turning them like Frankenstein into socom mods. Dudes in the big leagues now trying to make a game from scratch. If this flops he's done for good unlike before. If he's willing to put all his eggs in one final basket I'm willing to see what comes of it

Focuzed likes this.
  14. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

There are some Socom looks in this. Crosshairs, Grenade arc, etc. I will keep an eye on it.

15. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

uh, H-hour? wasn't THAT his first game from scratch? How long did that gig last before he exploded?

16. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I don't think Red worked on that, he did do SOCOM: Source before then, though.

17. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

no he was pretty much definitely a part of it.

SkiMask and Animal-_- like this.
  18. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

No. You're thinking of Shock Studios which imploded before anything could happen. Out of those ashes came H-Hour and SOCOM: Source.

PRE_-CISION-_ likes this.
  19. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Socom Source was also a mod of counter strike source. After that he went to cs:go and then insurgency.

20. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

Wasn't Socom: Souce the product Shock was trying to push? Then it imploded and split with Resurgance