Alien Civilization Found?

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, Oct 20, 2015.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz I Dream About Jade Marcela

https://www.intellihub.com/top-theo...vilization-found-1500-light-years-from-earth/
    Now there are plenty of other articles out there about this, but Michio Kaku is my guy. Him and Neil Degrasse Tyson have helped keep my interest in science strong, outside of my own interests that is.

If you haven't read or heard, basically a star that we have been watching via the Kepler has been acting very strangely, with dips in light emissions recorded of up to 22%. This activity is being attributed to more than a planet crossing into our view causing dips which we have used in the past to identify a star with orbiting planets.

It is being said that this could possibly be a Dyson Sphere or Dyson Swarm being used to harness the power of this star as the Kardashev Scale describes for more advanced lifeforms.

Now, I am not saying that this is without a doubt proof of alien life, but it is definitely intriguing. This is kind of a last resort type of hypothesis, but if true, could be the most important discovery if ages, if not ever. A lot of what is said is speculation and conjecture, but at this point ALL discussion on this topic is of that nature...

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think it's a Mass Relay. HAHAHAHA
    Drum likes this.
  2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Yea I read about it. Pretty interesting stuff. With the size of the universe its pretty much impossible that there isnt life on another planet somewhere. Hopefully they arrive here soon and enslave us.
    Swill likes this.
  3. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I feel as if we are viewed at this point as some failed experiment, with the majority of life out there just making the conscious decision to let us destroy ourselves so they can wash their hands of the whole mess. I can't see us right now, with the inability to get along with each other as a species, being viewed as anything other than parasitic, uncivilized animals. That, or they realize that we need to take further steps to advancing and are letting us find our own way...
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

We cant evolve as long as our best and brightest are forced by our goverments to support the worst and dimmest. With genetic engineering around the corner, perhaps we can find a new balance for humanity and the population explosion of scum can be culled over the next 100 years or so. As it stands now, humanity is going to grind to a halt from the weight of having to support the very worst of its kind reproducing at 10x the rate of the best of its kind.
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Swill like this.
  5. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I think it's going to go the exact opposite...

I use this only as a reference, but the movie Elysium sums up how I feel about where society is going to end up. Perhaps a first contact would unite the planet, but even then I think it ends up being a competition as to who can garner their favor, which ends up with them giving up on us and leaving us to wither, in my opinion.

Obviously this is all conjecture and I am just expressing opinions.
  6. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

I have been following all of the articles surrounding this very closely and I can't wait to find out what it really is. Something tells me it is just a new anomaly in space that we haven't see yet.

In regards to what happens if we find alien life, these are my thoughts....

I bet there was an Indian tribe out there at one time that thought they were all alone. They had never seen another tribe before. I'm sure they had their own little cliques and subgroups who might have even fought among themselves at times. Then one day another tribe accidentally finds them. I would like to think that lonely tribe united a bit and thought much less of their own little subgroups.

Then there were 100's of tribes. Then there were hundreds of foreigners on ships. Then there were hundreds of cities with countless tribes.....

I think if humanity finds another tribe out there in space, that our own little subgroups will become a lot less important. Subgroups based on religion, race, country won't be as relevant as they were before when we thought we were all alone. We will come closer to viewing ourselves as one tribe learning more about a new tribe we just met.

That is my hope at least.
    PAUL-AWOL- and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  7. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I definitely believe there are intelligent Alien species out there somewhere right now. Personally I think we were visited in the past (ancient alien theory) and left alone simply because we were/still are such a primitive species with nothing of value. I don't believe in UFO's at all or anything silly like the government is hiding all these Area 51 style experiments on crashed beings/ships. This is a really cool find tho and I can't wait to see what comes out of it.
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  8. APOC

APOC iDub Scrub

Femi Paradox, my opinion it's not aliens.
  9. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

You mean the Fermi Paradox?
  10. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

I Believe.
  11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Good possibility for sure, but perhaps the reason we have not been able to establish contact via radio signals or them not contacting us is because they have moved past radio or forms of communication we can readily intercept. Perhaps other intelligent life finds us to be too fucking stupid to talk to or allow us to eavesdrop on.

Not saying you are wrong, just bringin up a different viewpoint.

I believe in aliens too, for the simple reason that there is so much space out there, how is it there is no other sentient, intelligent life out there? I find it hard to believe that we are alone.

I think it would be pretty fucking awesome to know there is other life out there that has harnessed the ability to gather their own star's energy. Then again, if a Dyson sphere or swarm, perhaps they are conquering other systems and draining those stars of their power, then moving on...

Either way, when it comes to contact, please see my earlier thoughts.
    PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  12. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Sorry for the double post. I love the picture you paint, as this is what I want to believe as well. I would love it if something of this magnitude helped us put aside our petty differences and unite as a planet, with the end goal of mutual existence, not subjugation and exploitation. I'm just not sure if we are ready to move past millennia of mistrust and hatred. That is a hard thing to just forgive and forget on, but you never know.

As it stands right now, I also think this is some new anomaly, but the possibility of it being artificially constructed definitely has my curiosity piqued.
  13. Swill

Swill Navy SEAL

Us finding anything remotely intelligent anywhere in the universe would be horrible for those intelligent species. We're the worst possible thing for them.

There's this grave misconception that we've managed to evolve and advance, simply because we can build a computer, fly in an airplane, and drive in a car. Well, we haven't evolved. We're still operating out the lower brain like the Cro Magnon's from over 100,000 years ago. Anatomically, there's no difference between us and cavemen. Our DNA hasn't substantially changed at all. We're no different than the jungle people who used to eat grubs off of rotting logs.

Just look at how we treat each other here on this planet. We still cling to "fight or flight", "kill or be killed", and "an eye for an eye". When someone tries to make the claim that we're the most intelligent form of life on the planet, it makes me chuckle.

We're the only animal species that tries to knowingly defy Nature.
    We're the only animal species that tortures members of it's own species for pleasure.
    We're the only animal species that tortures other animal species for pleasure.
    We're the only animal species that kills other animals for fun.
    We're the only animal species that kills members of it's own species for fun.
    We're the only animal species that knowingly and willingly destroys it's own habitat it needs for survival.
    We're the only animal species that knowingly and willingly destroys the planet.
    We're the only animal species that tries to make it's own artificial food to eat.
    We're the only animal species that starts wars.
    We're the only animal species that tries to fuck other members of other animal species.

Seriously, humans are arrogant, stupid creatures and if I were an intelligent life form in some other corner of space, I'd fly here at the speed of light and blow this planet up ASAP before humans ever had the chance to branch out into space.
  14. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

The Drake.Equations KungFu is much stronger than the Fermi Paradox. The Fermi Paradox relies on "hey, if they were out there, they would have already contacted us!"

Whereas the Drake Equation relies on pure mathematics. Fermi doesnt account for A) them having no reason to contact us, or B, interstellar travel, even for the most advanced civilizations, is impossible to do effectively without warping space time. The distances are too vast, and the time involved is so beyond reason, that true communication between species at their technological peak would be impossible without bending space time.
  15. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Expand^

Human beings are a part of nature. So what ever we do, is completely natural. We just happen to be the most dominant species on the planet. You think if wasps were the most dominant species on the planet the globe wouldnt be covered in wasp nests?
  16. Swill

Swill Navy SEAL

No other animals torture other animals for fun. Orcas do it, not for torture, but to practice catching and killing prey. It's cruel, but purposeful. Humans do it strictly for pleasure.

Show me something where thousands, or even hundreds, of lions war with each other. Even if some of those things listed are done by other animal species, it still illustrates the point that we're not above them. At all. We still do things animals do, and many other things that are far worse.

Of course we're a part of nature. However, our actions often times aren't. Humans aren't designed to eat Twizzlers and Cheetos because those things don't exist in nature. They're artificial creations, thus why things like chronic disease are on the rise. Cleaning materials and many other household items aren't natural as they're another artificial creation, thus why things like Cancer are on the rise. These side-effects are consequences of humans trying to defy nature and are nature's way of slapping us on the wrist and saying "Stop that". We just don't listen is all.
  17. APOC

APOC iDub Scrub

lol If we don't kill ourselves in a million years we will be all over the place, the observable universe is a little over 13 billion light years in every direction, meaning the universe is very old, we are very young in the timeline of just earth not counting the universe, if earth was 1 hour old, humans arrived 10 mins. ago and the indust rev. arrived 2 secs. ago, if there were aliens that were smart and arrived to a space traveling species, if they didn't kill themselves, they will basically be able to populate everywhere very quickly, the fact that we see and hear silence is a pretty convincing fact, to me at least. Look at humans in our stage, we have the ability to destroy the earth, though we haven't been to our neighbor Mars, doesn't look good.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  18. APOC

APOC iDub Scrub

The Fermi paradox (or Fermi's paradox) is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations, such as in the Drake equation, and the lack of evidence for such civilizations.[1] The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi and Michael H. Hart, are:

• The Sun is a typical star, and there are billions of stars in the galaxy that are billions of years older.[2][3]
    • With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets,[4][5] and if the earth is typical, some might develop intelligent life.
    • Some of these civilizations might develop interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now.
    • Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in about a million years.[6]
    According to this line of thinking, the Earth should already have been visited by extraterrestrial aliens though Fermi saw no convincing evidence of this, nor any signs of alien intelligence anywhere in the observable universe, leading him to ask, "Where is everybody?"[

It says there should be aliens everywhere and the fact that we hear and see nothing, crazy.
  19. APOC

APOC iDub Scrub

My honest opinion on humans is we are headed for total enlightenment or total destruction and we will find the answer out in the next 0-200 years.
  20. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Then there are also the Planetarium and Zoological Hypotheses to consider though you also need to think of the why in these instances. Why would a higher civilization make it seem like no one else is out there? Why would they refuse to acknowledge their own existence? Some of these ideas have been discussed here in this thread and are great points, which does kind of debunk the Fermi Paradox, though it should still be something considered.

I personally think they don't want to let it be known they exist unless forced upon them by our own discovery, or until we reach a threshold ethically, technologically, and mentally. I just don't feel they think we are worthy of becoming part of some galactic/universal community as we are too primitive. I feel that these civilizations, if out there and not openly hostile, are using the Prime Directive just to put a name to it, to let us find our own way and either reach those thresholds or destroy ourselves...