Alien Civilization Found?

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Asteroids around a star...

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  2. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

also a very strong possibility, since a cluster of them, constantly shifting, could also cause the light emissions changes. Definitely something to consider.

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  3. Dillon304

Dillon304 Proud member of the "Extreme Minority"

Sounds a whole lot more reasonable then an alien technology harvesting a star or what have you.

4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

If this was legit, we're talking about a civilization far, far more advanced than ours (obviously). We're talking about the complete and utter mining of planets in order to build something of that scale. We better hope a civilization like that isn't hostile or we'd be fucked in seconds to hours upon first contact.

I think someone mentioned an alien civilization avoiding us as stupidity, if a civilization this advanced exists, I'm sure they've thought about a Prime Directive if we managed to pull off such a notion in 10,000 years.

5. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

exactly what I am saying...if they can create a Dyson device, then yeah they can mask themselves and avoid contact if they wanted to, as well as other less developed civilizations if they feel we are not worthy of knowing there is other life out there.

Not saying there is irrefutable proof of aliens, but the possibility cannot be completely thrown out as impossible. Lord only knows what truly is or isn't out there.

I also hope that if this is possible that a civilization of this magnitude would be benevolent in nature and not violent, cuz you are right. We would be screwed if they could pull off engineering feats like this. No chance in hell...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  6. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

That's an irrational fear of mine. Not that the aliens will enslave us or blow our planet up out from under us. No, they'll dyson sphere Earth to extract the minerals they want under our feet. All the while, completely disregarding our race like the parasites we are.

It'd be like us mining the hillside for gold. We don't give any fucks about the insects, earthworms, or even avian/mammal life that's there. We completely disregard the wildlife, just like aliens would completely disregard us to get to their end goal.

/SS/ PEIPER and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  7. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Not irrational at all, as you said, we did it ourselves, so whose to say that they aren't harvesting then moving on? I mentioned that as a possibility as well, and the fear is sound.

Shit we are in essence the Arawaks or Carib natives to their Columbus. Or even worse, like you said...we are earthworms and grubs. Anything is possible...

Tawok likes this.
  8. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

The assumption that if alien civilizations existed and achieved interstellar travel that they would of spread to all detectable corners of the universe for uninterrupted periods of time is akin to suggesting a human should be standing on any given ant mound in the amazon in the next hour because we developed machetes and can hack a trail though jungles to explore every detectable corner of the earth because we can. It's absurd.

9. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

This is true, it's just as likely that an alien craft arriving here could be their first foray into the technology that allows them to travel that far from home. We could just be the closest planet they saw that looked like it could support life, much like how we can analyze atmospheric elements in exoplanets by looking at the light spectrum that passes through from their stars during transitions. They might have no idea we're here when they set off on their journey.

10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Look behind you...

I'm of the mindset Buchanans and Animal are in. it is more likely that any alien civilization that found us would have stumbled on us by accident as their first inter or intragalactic journeys. There is a possibility that there is an interstellar civilization of different races out there that are purposely avoiding us, but I don't find that to be the likely scenario.

I think for the most part that we are all in roughly the same place on the Kardashev scale, with some more advanced, some less so. Doesn't mean the Dyson Sphere possibility is absolutely impossible.

As it turns out, the original hypothesis has been debunked by the very people that thought it in the first place.

Nice necro...

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Guess I am gonna have to venture back to the beginning to see what this Dyson Sphere is that you are all talking about. For a split second I thought it was an argument similar to the microwave in that how in the hell did we all of a sudden get to that point so quickly, but alas nope; Prime Directive suggests there is some serious nerding out in here.

Love it.

13. MACK IS GOD

Thanks buddy. But is there any news about this specific discovery? Have you been keeping up with it?

14. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Second to last sentence...

Appears to have been debunked.

15. MACK IS GOD

Whoops. Read that as the Dyson Sphere being debunked for some reason......

I see, so it was just a blip or an anomaly? Not an actual mass of anything that was effecting the light?

16. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Yes, you read that correctly. The "object" was theorized as a Dyson Sphere. Turns out it was some asteroids or something in that realm of possibility.

The fervor was caused by light dips being consistent in nature and not random. Figured it was something man-made...

17. MACK IS GOD

Ok so the Dyson Sphere as a possibility in and of itself wasnt debunked, just this particular thing they saw being a Dyson Sphere? I seem to be having trouble not being retarded today for some reason.....lol

18. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

well, as of right now, the Dyson Sphere is Sci Fi, so it's not real, but potentially possible. I mean, imagine something large enough to engulf and harness the power of an entire star. The dimensions are too mind boggling to even consider, to be honest. Dyson Sphere tech (or similar) is a level 2 on the Kardashev scale. We aren't even at level 1, we're like at .7 or .8...according to top physicists like Michio Kaku...

19. MACK IS GOD

Rosie O'Donnell?

20. NumbLeg

NumbLeg Navy SEAL

Were already slaves and the people in power would want us to know about aliens when they want us to know about aliens. I wouldn't doubt that they already know about aliens and there is stuff going on behind the scenes. If the universe is what I've been told then of course there is life out there on another planet fact, there can't not be, but what kind of life? If evolution is how we were created, then you can't have intelligent life evolve from something else like lizards to get the reptilians? I'm sure you can or is there a rule that intelligent life can only form from the line that it took to get us.