America's Army PS4 free to play 1st person SOCOM

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

yea it's invite only at the moment. I gave away all my codes but the @americasarmy twitter is giving them away, just send them a tweet

2. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I'm not a fan. Lack of recoil being the biggest complaint.

Edit: It was a decent distraction, but it's not a long-term solution IMO. Non existent recoil is terrible. It doesn't even feel like you're firing a weapon.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I'm really confused by this. If you hold down r2 with an m4 the recoil pattern sprays upwards about the length from chest to head. Maybe you're confused by the engagement distances factoring in? It's not extreme though.

Ps, devs listened to feedback for round count. Best of 11 now :) I'm legitimately going to turn this into socom lmao

Eagle_F15 and MACK IS GOD like this.
  4. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Get them to make a 3rd person view server lol

5. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Gun barely moves. I don't know what to tell you. I had a few friends tell me the same as they watched me play yesterday. There is some spray, but that's about it.

6. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Looking at your video the recoil effect though the red dot appears to be close to non existent with the M4.
    Game looks like it could be decently fun otherwise.

Smokey_Run likes this.
  7. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Good work man. Spread into their mind like a virus and start bending them to your will. By the end of Summer I want to see 1st Person scrapped in favor of 3rd Person, squad size reduced to 8 per team, M79s, and start giving them really detailed map suggestions that look eerily similar to certain other maps we all know and suggest names for them like Enowhippy, The Blender, Desert Victory, Vigilant, Foxchase, Cross Streets, Bleeding Lake, Sour Jungle, etc........

8. NumbLeg

NumbLeg Navy SEAL

Yeah but what are the things that matter the most like? Like the aim assist, developers add that garbage casual junk in by default and I know it has aim assist as I saw in the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/AmericasArmyPS4/comments/6jw0zn/improvements_and_additions/. And controls? How does it feel on the controller? Responsive? The controls are like steering to a car if it's junk the whole game is junk. It's 30 FPS so that's already not that great but I play Blacklight Retribution and that is 30 FPS and that is alright.

9. PRE_-CISION-_

It's 30fps max. One map in particular has issues with it dropping in the teens still and there are other random drops. Otherwise when things are going well it isn't a factor. Some games 30vs60 makes a huge difference. This isn't one of them in my opinion. Good news is they're aware and still improving.

Far as controls go my biggest complaint is a lack of ads sensitivity sliders. Weapons like the ak47 are slowed dramatically when you ads making things laughably impossible to kill when you're VIP. I think it's intended design tho. Devs mentioned they'd have issues with ads sliders due to each weapon having unique handle stats to avoid this turning into cod.

Aim assist is fine. However it has moments where you sure battle against it. It really shouldn't be there but that's a battle for another day.

In general you hit all my biggest complaints about the game. Fps drops, some questionable sensitivity sliders and lame assist. Game isn't perfect but versus the alternatives it's good as it gets. I been bored of Siege for a year now and that was the only other halfway decent shooter on ps4 since TLOU in my opinion. For free you can't beat it. It's as close as you can get to socom on console and for me that's good enough

10. PRE_-CISION-_

I agree it isn't dramatic or anything. I totally have moments with the M4 where recoil and spray pattern management gets me killed however.

11. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I really wish single fire headshots killed people, also at the end of a game it glitched and I could spin my player around in 3rd person..... I came.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  12. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

I enjoy the game and it is a refreshing slowed down pace that I have been looking for. Call of Dookie and Battlefield have been border line giving my high BP.. This game can be a welcomed open arms sub for Socom fans in my opinion. Yeah it needs some tweaks but so did Socom.

I like the game because just like Socom everyone has mics and I have been hearing call outs and organization.. Its a win for me and I know when it hits the public the majority will be an old school gamer mentality versus the A.D.D no mic havin COD gamer.

Will this game be free on the PSN soon or what's the future for it, anyone know?

13. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I'm curious to try this game but man some of the youtube videos are bad. Lag and choppiness any improvements on this?

14. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Servers seemed fine when I played the other night for a couple hours outside of actually finding and joining a server.

15. PRE_-CISION-_

I've had spectator glitch like that before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Bunny Hopper

I've got to say it's definitely fun!! CQC action.

My grip:

-Fuck matchmaking(lobby system is needed)

Everything else I'm pretty on board with what everyone has stated. As close as you can explain SOCOM tendencies to them @PRE_-CISION-_ Just.DO.It.

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  17. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

im playing on a ps4 pro and the framerate is really really poor and like someone else said, no recoil on the game is really stupid. also HUGE auto aim assist, not a fan of that.

seems ok i guess but i sure didnt get many socom feelings while playing it. atleast it was cool to hear people talking on the mics in game again.

18. PRE_-CISION-_

If you mean a server browser, I doubt it is happening. Matchmaking is 99% of what you see on console anymore.

You were on a peer to peer server. Unless you were playing the forest map, that shit is broken. There were only 3 dedicated up when I logged on last night. Tbh, they're in trouble tuesday unless they are waiting to flip the on switch because things are still not working as explained to me

19. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

When can we download this thing anyway? Release date?

20. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor Butterdick

Overall I had fun playing. Yes there are issues, a little framerate/lag here and there, hit detection (headshots don't seem to count), recoil needs to be increased, movement seems kinda stiff, matchmaking only, sound effects and graphics aren't great (gameplay >>> graphics to me but I thought I'd mention it).

But all in all the gameplay is refreshing. Game modes are fun, and 1 life no respawn (I didn't get into Seige, and I don't play on PC so I'm limited in the no respawn games). Everyone seems to use mics, and call out enemy's and strategize much like Socom. And a lot of the different rooms I played in had old Socom players in there talking about Socom. My only wish is they would make third person view rooms, and add lobbies/server browser.

@PRE_-CISION-_ is there any way to see who is dead/alive on the opposite team? It shows for your team but not the other. This seems like a weird feature if done on purpose, and makes it even worse considering you can be revived one time so even counting "killed" enemies doesn't work.

Also, I don't snipe but someone on the mic was saying only 1 person per team can be a sniper? I don't really mind because I'd rather not have half the team camping or staying back sniping, that pissed me off to no end on Battlefield.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 4:40 PM