Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by SkiMask, Oct 18, 2016.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Thanks for the rundown. It's pretty clear its early for Premium. Still waiting on Smokey, but yeah. Some have access, some do not. Really no rhyme or reason. Gotta love it.

I think I am gonna start paying attention to them AA placements too. Them things really put the smack on a fool and are usually vacant.

UnSeenDeath88 likes this.
  2. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

yea forgot to mention A E and F having some buildings around them. With this map I'm really starting to notice how ALL the buildings of European style are copy and paste, got a couple barn layouts, a couple 1 story house layouts and 2 story house layouts and that's it.

I actually had a game yesterday where I stayed alive as a tank for probably 10 minutes, normally I get wrecked as soon as I get into any kind of battle by AT or another tank, but that game it just seemed like nobody focused me and if they did they were killed right after. It wasn't until the enemy train came along and I started focusing it that another tank and some AT and the train all finally took me out but not before I got out of the tank. I wish I could find a map, actually better yet here is a video. and now that I look at it I think I got my points backwards. E is on the hillside, F is the trainyard at the start.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Oh shit, I'll check today. I played a few games last night until someone I know ruined the experience by bitching endlessly cause he's a fucking idiot.

4. Qune

Qune Grenade Spammer

Since the patch the BAR is the best support class weapon imo by far. I've been using the MG15 to get to lvl10 but I'm going back to the BAR storm..

SkiMask likes this.
  5. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Shameless plug

SkiMask and Smokey_Run like this.
  6. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Did they fix the weather problems?
    Where it was foggy for 1 team or player, and not everyone else?
    I'm planning to pick this up soon, but I'm still having a blast on gta5, star wars, and bf4,
    Idk why but I can play those all night, but destiny puts me to sleep, maybe it's the music

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  7. UnSeenDeath88

Seems like it, I've heard people say that was just a beta issue, and it's fixed in the full game. Was in a Giants shadow game the other day and I swear everybody (ok maybe closer to half of both teams) were bitching about the fog, it's so thick on that map sometimes you can't see an 25 yards in front of you, and it lasted probably 3/4 of a game, never had weather last that long before.

8. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Can you play modes on the same map without weather effect?

9. UnSeenDeath88

No I don't think there is an option to turn weather effects off, maybe on rent a server but I just always hop into quick match. the default match rules as far as length and points to win already make games long enough at about 30 minutes for a conquest match.

10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Naw if they had the option to turn it off then there would be a severe disadvantage for those who did not.

I love the weather.

11. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Bring on the weather. Fuck those camping bitches at the edge of the map with their sniper rifles.

12. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Unless they're getting the clear weather and it's nothing but fog for you..

13. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool feature, I'm just worried about when it's foggy for some and clear for others at the same time

14. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I've been in rooms where my friends are on the other side because the room is full. The weather is happening for both now.

SkiMask likes this.
  15. MR.BLONDE

As far as I know, the desync is fixed. Either on release of the full game, or in one of the first patches.

16. MR.BLONDE

Another shameless plug (sorry Ski, you're not in this one, downsizing and such)

SkiMask likes this.
  17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

:sadface:

I think it needs to be said that you may drop in a hundred videos on topic and its not shameless. Plug away. Show us the light. Drop this in the Vehicles thread and bail after posting? "Celerity" it all over the place? Now that's uncalled for.

Edit: Oh and good shit! The tanks haven't been the same without you :oops:

18. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Finally got to play the new map and the experience couldn't have been worse. I was on a terrible team and I mean terrible. We ended up losing by 500+ points.

It's cool to have a free map, but it's a little disappointing that it's the one map from the campaign for the most part. The fog is extra thick on that shit too. You have a hard time seeing people more than 15m away.

Oh yeah, there was a blog post with some very early details about the first content pack featuring the French. It's got some concept art and background on some of the battles that are inspiring the maps in the expansion.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/they-shall-not-pass-battlefield-1-expansion

19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Thanks for the screens. They are starting to look similar now. Maybe its just me? I see Argonne Forest in a lot of that map. Same with Scar? Here's to hoping the expansion features 4 maps that don't look the same. But, it could be that the French are featured in concept from one of those maps so yeah, whatever.

Although it would be cool to play with everything on fire. Even if stuff was 'sploded all over the place and created a "weather" effect of fire everywhere it might be cool for 15 minutes.

20. UnSeenDeath88

Is is me or are a lot of the maps almost copy and paste from the single player? Sahara is just about the same also. Sure there are some differences but it seems like several of the maps are almost complete copies of a single player map. Which if I remember right is one thing haters of Socom 3 and CA complain about.