Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by MACK IS GOD, Apr 13, 2017.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Or as its also known "Ten episodes of office politics, glacial plot advancement, and the most filler of any show this side of The Walking Dead in an attempt to drag out as many episodes as possible and continue to cash in on the Breaking Bad crowd by offering them a show which promises to deliver interesting and poignant back stories of some of the characters from Breaking Bad but instead has you watching the inner workings of a law firm in New Mexico for an hour every week while throwing in ineffective attempts at tension and danger to the main characters that don't work because its a prequel and we already know the bullshit "danger" the writers are putting them in wont amount to anything because they are alive in Breaking Bad which happens after Better Call Saul so nobody gives a fuck, the show".

So get ready guys! No more insomnia on Monday nights now that Better call Saul is back! We'll all be fast asleep by 10:30 every Monday night for the next 10 weeks!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

TLDR: I am so happy season 2 available on Netflix now.
  3. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Shit works better than heroin if youre trying to nod out.

I highly recommend if you have to get to sleep quickly.
  4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Shiiiiiiiit that was The Expanse for me. Really hoping I don't go through that with ANY show here on out. Hate that.
  5. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Lmfao, man I've been trying to work my way through season 2 with the wife. It gets fucking brutal sitting through 50 minute episodes for 2 minutes of actual content. I can't help but lose energy the moment they start embroiling themselves in 10 minute long lawyer discussions about lawyering. It's almost to a pavlovian response, the moment I hear "Sandpiper", "Davis & Main" or "HHM" I start nodding off.

I absolutely love the Breaking Bad universe and the stories that Gilligan weaves. But he really needs to find a way to make more than 5% of an episode exciting/interesting.
  6. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD MVP

Season 3 is definitely moving along more quickly. Season 2 does get pretty good in the final few episodes.

Mikes scenes are pure Kino but the Jimmy arc is just tedious office politics and blatant dragging to stretch episodes. Seasons 1 and 2 could have been edited down into 8 excellent 1 hour episodes, but instead in classic AMC fashion they just have to try and milk their audience for every nickel.

The other thing that is really annoying to me about the show is that present day Cinnabun manager Saul is barely even shown. If they are looking for filler they could cut the Jimmy bullshit in half and write a decent arc for Cinnabun Saul.

And why is he even in hiding? He didnt rat on anybody and everyone involved with the Gus Fring operation is dead. I see no need for him to be hiding in Nebraska.

I lost a lot of respect for Gilligan after season 4 of BB when he admitted they put the flash forward scene of Walt buying an M60 in episode 1 of season 5 because it "looked cool" and had absolutely no idea where they were going with it. Then they had to scramble to come up with why that happened and wrote themselves into a corner which is why the second half of season 5 is so rushed and the Nazis just show up out of nowhere purely for plot convenience.