CA Wednesdays, S2 Fridays - Community Night

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by Tawok, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Might as well make a formal post so we can get more eyes on live SOCOM footage.

Myself, @SkiMask, @MR.BLONDE, @Swill, and soon @MACK IS GOD have been jamming SOCOM CA every Wednesday (typically coop), and SOCOM2 every Friday night. The action starts around 8pm CST, and I start streaming (www.twitch.tv/jptawok) it around 10pm (or whenever the hell my kids go to bed). This is an open invite for any and all SOCOM fans to join us and smoke some socrack.

We're gonna be on tonight (12/28) jamming CA if it's poppin. I'd love to see a bunch of [TRS] (or some equivalent) tags rocking the lobbies. Green up bitches.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Drum, Animal-_- and SkiMask like this.
  2. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

It's Friday boys. Let's actually don some [TRS] tags and lay some eggs tonight.
  3. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Any of you guys around for some Saturday night SOCOM?
  4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Not sure how I missed this and I checked in on Saturday. We need to get a better Bat Signal.
    Tawok likes this.
  5. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Yes, yes we do.
  6. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Hump day CA. 10pm, tonight.
  7. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Butterstick

Im on and added you to my discord but am all alone. *sniff, sniff* LOL No more MP games on.

Pig is sad.
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That's when you make the transition over to SOCOM II. There were another 25 on at that time Rumbling in the Jungle.

Wednesdays were built for Coop.

Guess what though? Tawok never really played the hits of Combined Assault when it was Live and Blonde said he came a little late to the party when they were really only doing 4Vs, so next week we doing the MP while Swill attends to other matters and we gonna have to school them two up on Prowler, Retaliation, Boot Camp, Aftershock, and my personal favorite of the set, Siphon. Echelon while fun, that stadium was the pits for me during the Live days. And Anchorage doesn't even count as a legitimate map. It was always horrendous to me and my "Quarantine" of that iteration.

Oh and get rekt bitches cause I loved the multiple modes per map, but you wouldn't know that from playing XLink since they really only do smalls and SOCOM II maps. Guess we gonna have to have ourselves a little 16v16 Siphon Control to get the heart pumping sometime? Or perhaps a 16v Retaliation Convoy? Me thinks one day Combined Assault will be used for a "SOCOM Jamboree" since it could host the most. One day...

That is my legendary "Shadow Falls" scenario of Combined Assault. One that would take a miracle to pull off.

#GottaHaveGoals #OnlyGot3HoursSleep
    Tawok and WAR_PIG like this.
  9. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Butterstick

Yep, it's all good man. I had some fun playing a while last night but most got off early. midnight. Was hoping to play with you all but totally understand you are doing that coop thing. I watched a bit last night on Tawok's twitch and was shocked when he said he never played that map Aftershock! We must play!!! It's a good map. See you guys on Friday.
    Drum, SkiMask and Tawok like this.
  10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

It's almost as if we need a podcast or something to explain our SOCOM roots while talking on relevant gaming shit.

Something...

Spicy.
    Drum, Tawok and WAR_PIG like this.
  11. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I'm jacked up and ready to go.
    WAR_PIG, Drum, SkiMask and 1 other person like this.
  12. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

Only one more coop mission to run through tonight then we're on to MP until the next series. Hope to see you guys on.
    Laziness, SkiMask and MR.BLONDE like this.
  13. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Soon, all will be said and done. Although, and I take full blame for this, I'm pretty sure we've not been getting the cutscenes, as we've been playing via Redeploy. We can either splice them in, or just get them legit on a more refined run with a crack fireteam that knows their shit.
  14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

LULZ. I'll back away for that part of "Season 2". We all know my shit ain't high speed, low drag. I'm gonna have to go through and just do it in the single player to get my junk in the trunk for the MP.

I bet there are more than a few around here that would LOVE to give that COOP a shot as part of a rotating cast.
  15. Hastan

Hastan Green Up

ME ME ! hahaha!
  16. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

ah ok I'll hop on next week then
  17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Pretty sure it shouldn't take THAT long. I imagined we were to head to MP right after if it was still early enough.
  18. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Butterstick

Room up ..... TANGO DOWN!!!!! Let's go boyos!
  19. Hastan

Hastan Green Up

Lets gooooo
  20. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage