Charging $$$ for custom patch?

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by eVo7, Oct 6, 2017.

1. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Whats the communities opinion on charging $$$ for this? Brad says "we" who else is involved with this? Are you @Harry62 ???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

MADDENKING1980 likes this.
  3. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

4. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

looks like breadstick....giving it another go

5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

OVER ONE MILLION SOLD!! CALL IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES AND GET A FREE BOTTLE OF OXY-CLEAN!!!

billy mays2.jpg

brad2192 and eVo7 like this.
  6. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

"small fee"

eVo7 likes this.
  7. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

@brad2192 i am just wondering what you think justifies $$$$ for this? Harry did all of his work for free and never asked for a dime

8. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

https://www.facebook.com/SOCOMonPC/posts/1672420179459291

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    MR.BLONDE likes this.
  9. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I find it hard to believe this is just coming out of the blue. We've already had so much discourse about private servers, restorations, making the best of xLink, etc. For someone to start talking money before showing any work comes off as tactless to me, especially in regard to this specific community of gamers.

If there's proof of concept like he said, I'll reevaluate my judgement of the actual product itself, but again the presentation rubs me the wrong way. Immediately throwing Harry under the bus and saying his patch is 'easily' exploitable, then proclaiming his to be the unsinkable Titanic of patches is asking for his trousers to fall down. All I've seen out of this community member thus far on this topic is mudslinging towards other people working on similar projects. Maybe I missed some stuff, though.

eVo7 and oni64 like this.
  10. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

100 percent agreed. This is Brad we're talking about....the same guy who implemented cheats that give you a competitive advantage into the game ISO and tried to call it "his" and then tried to distribute it.

11. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I thought it was Brad, didn't want to assume though. Never heard about that incident though. Unless you mean like 'no fog' or something, I think I briefly posted about that.

12. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

i'll believe it until I see it work. This VPN talk is also another thing that im skeptical about. Does it justify people paying for a custom memory card patch and switching over from xlink if its still lan tunneling?

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  13. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Yea his no fog ans no particles from explosions.

14. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Brad will say anything to get someone to like his shit. He's been called out before for his bullshit and I don't see it ever stopping. He claims credit for alot of shit he doesn't make / do. You won't see him post alot of it here because it's not a walled garden but he'll post it on his facebook group.

15. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

Lost me at this...Why was this even an option????

[​IMG]

16. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

This was exactly what i was talking about. He was handing out codes to people amd wasnt even thinking about it.

17. Plierr

Plierr SOCOM eSports ADMlN

People seem to forget that Harry's patch is free, Free Mcboot is also free if you want to put in the effort of installing it on a mem card, he wants you to actually pay for the patch itself. Plus, he says that you can cheat on Harry's patch easy, where's the proof of that?[​IMG]

Capture.PNG

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  18. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I think it was sort of true in really early versions that was fixed soon after. Basically he just got lucky. He's not very bright. The source code can't be reproduced since the program is compiled. While you can view the assembly of it, that is true for ANY program. His miracle patch wouldn't be any different.

He really doesn't know what he is talking about. This has been proven time and time again.

19. brad2192

brad2192 The SOCOM on PC Guy

Just seen this, so let's get some things straight here. First off, I did not want to charge anything that was not my decision. It was a deal that was made to have one credible software engineer hop on the team as most of your prestigious coders will know who I am speaking of. Secondly, the patch is not for the PC it is an .elf. Thirdly, I meant no disrespect to @Harry62 's patch as I have found many people cheating on it and have found numerous workarounds myself. All I am doing is trying to make shit better.

I have never pretended to know anything I didn't, nor do I have the intention to. Since then we let go that certain someone from the team and have made it free as I specified in that posting. I did not like the direction it was heading. Here is a video of just the basic structure. I have been learning MIPS for quite some time, and decided to focus on it the past week. Since then I have gotten much better, the following video will show some proof. And there is a different form of cheat detection being put into place rather than locking out some addresses from being changed. Personally I feel it is more effective.

20. brad2192

brad2192 The SOCOM on PC Guy

Please read above post. Also, regarding the server I found an easier way to emulate the server look and feel (not yet in any video so my work is not duplicated). This will remove the obstacle of SSL certs and all this nonsense nobody wants to mess with.