Community night of old...

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by WAR_PIG, Mar 25, 2017.

1. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

Just wanted to post community night from like 4 years ago. Sikkamore was a cool, funny regular that used to record. I wanted to post cause I'm always surprised when talking to Drum last night that there were many Socom fans that played this briefly and then never again.

It wasn't perfect for sure. A little clunky on the controls and hit detection sub par but it was still hella fun. The maps were gorgeous and textured beautifully. Look at how nice crossroads looked!

#socomlove

@Drum

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Tawok, Ditch, Drum and 4 others like this.
  2. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

LOL Confrontation. Oh lord.

3. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

Love it!! gg

WAR_PIG likes this.
  4. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

that run/sprint button was so unnecessary on constipation. I never once played a PS2 socom and thought "hey you know what they need to add on the new socom? a sprint button!"

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Drum likes this.
  5. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Good one, man. Ya know, it's funny. I played SO:Con for maybe two hours early in its lifespan and, as I did with S3 and CA, I ultimately rejected it. But seeing game footage of TRS buds and old clan-mates over the years has given me a sense of appreciation and, dare I say, nostalgia. (Luke's "Farewell Confrontation" always comes to mind.) FWIW, I'll probably always be torn. While my pragmatic brain assures that I made the right choice, my sentimental heart regrets not taking the plunge. BTW: Before reading your post, I thought you might be referring to S2 Fridays because the TRS presence on Discord and Xlink has gotten smaller and smaller in recent weeks. :p:(

Tawok, MR.BLONDE and WAR_PIG like this.
  6. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

ill never give confrontation any credit. that game was a MESS at launch and i stopped playing after waiting a few months for a magical patch that eventually came like 8 months later

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

hahaha! I loved this guy and he made totally VALID points. Man, I just laughed so hard. LOL

Drum likes this.
  8. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Sure, the game itself was ass. And although it got a little less-awful over time, the only thing that gave me second thoughts about rejecting the game was nostalgia. If I'd had an extra $500+ to blow back then, I probably would've for the chance to play again with my old clan mates and friends.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  9. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

It was flat out unplayable for me the first 9 months after release,
    Then I could play it after dusting it off and updating it.
    I was pleasantly surprised to find the sound didn't cut out
    and freeze my PS3 repeatedly
    And pause the game every time someone joined or left the game, still crap lean feature and no jump climb but some new maps and a playable game with great graphics

Drum and WAR_PIG like this.
  10. pec1468

pec1468 iDub Scrub

Nice to see the old vids. As most have done, I quit Con for a while after the messed up release and then the changes. The updates came too late for most and I lost most of the clan I was in. Then the last few months I got back on and played the TRS community nights with everyone. It was a ton of fun and I miss those nights.

Drum and WAR_PIG like this.