Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WarMachine_v1, May 18, 2017.

1. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Pretty excited for this game. Anyone else looking forward to the game?

2. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I am, and I know for a fact there are two others here that are as well.

Won't name @Animal-_- any names @Smokey_Run or anything, but I can think of a couple...

Animal-_- likes this.
  3. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

You would be correct. Right now, there are only a select few games I'll even consider buying in the first 3-6 months of Destiny 2's launch. Don't need anything else as long as I've got people who want to play it.

4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

If you ever see me online and I'm not in a raid, I'm always down to fill a spot if your fireteam needs one.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Smokey_Run like this.
  5. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

this seems like just another expansion where they will give you 2-3 months of content and try to make you play it for 12 months. they are just branding it as "2" so they can reset all of the previous players items so new people arnt pissed off and get more new people sucked into playing. not alot of out of the ordinary things shown today, just things that should have been in the game to begin with. clan and lfg systems, a new "story", 4v4 pvp all modes (still too small but i hate the pvp so idc). tweaks to weapon slots and such.

im not really excited about it but ill try the beta out this summer before deciding to buy or not.

6. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Can't handle 30fps on console if I do get its for PC. It's inexcusable for an FPS to be 30fps today, when pretty much every FPS game out is 60fps.

7. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

I'm undecided on PC vs PS4... I wish there was cross platform.

8. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

That makes 2 of us. I'm always down...

9. Smokey_Run

I'll still be on PS4. If I'm around, I'm always willing to play if I'm not doing something else. Name is the same, just add me.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  10. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Here's the entire reveal stream if anyone's interested.

WarMachine_v1 likes this.
  11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

That's where I will be as well...Looking forward to gettin down with you and Animal...

12. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

On PC it has to be 60fps I think just because of the nature of PC gamers being more into high performance to justify their hardware investments. I disagree about consoles in the case of Destiny 2 though. The vast majority of Destiny players bought the game for PvE and 60fps just isn't that big of a deal for those activities. I know a lot of people can tell the difference between 30 and 60 (including myself) but I really think only a tiny fraction of players will actually let that be a determining factor for purchasing D2 if all the other parts of the game are done right. I think Bungie sees it the same way and doesn't want to invest in something that won't lead to a proportional return.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  13. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Agreed. While I can also tell the difference between the 2, I can honestly say that at no time did playing Destiny at less than 60fps detract from the countless hours of fun I had playing it. Same with any other game I have ever played, to be honest. As long as the framerates didn't cause performance drop issues, it was fine with me...

14. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Not good enough. If Battlefield 1 can have 64 players on a big map at 60fps there is no excuse for Destiny 2 not too. But for sake of argument let's agree PvE at 30FPS is fine and won't kill the fun.

Why would Bungie for Competitive Play at 4vs4 have 30FPS? Now that bugs me because I care about the PvP a lot more than PvE.

You can bring the PC argument into the picture, the fact is 98% of FPS games on consoles run at 60fps in Multiplayer and the ones that don't are games like PlanetSide which has hundreds of players on one map.

I can't buy into their piss poor excuses.

15. Smokey_Run

Battlefield 1 runs at 900p too. Destiny 2 will be at 1080p.

16. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I'll take that anyday for 60fps and I'm willing to bet BF1 will look better than D2.

17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I would agree if Destiny was a PvP focused game like the ones you mentioned. 60fps makes a huge difference in a fast paced competitive game. Unfortunately you are in a tiny minority in this particular franchise, which has most of its content and replayabilty wrapped up in PvE.

It's not that I think they can't do it, they just don't want to because of the poor potential returns compared to what it would cost to do a higher frame rate or dedicated servers.

18. Smokey_Run

I'll take as much visual fidelity and effects as possible. I think you are forgetting about the playable spaces for PvE which are multiple Battlfield maps big and they're going to be 2-3x bigger in Destiny 2. So we're talking about a play space that could take up as much real estate as half the base BF1 maps in one go.

19. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Yeah but things load or activate if you will as you approach areas. Horizon has a good technical view of this. This is simply not good enough of an excuse and I don't understand why people defend inferiority these days.

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I'll defend it if it's in the context of Bungie making a wise business decision to allocate their resources in a way that could make the game better in ways more substantial than purely technical ones.

I think people have been conditioned by devs, publishers and gaming media to respond to buzz words like 60fps, 4K, etc. as if they're equally meaningful to every game, and not meeting those standards is an automatic negative. If a game is good in the ways it really should be, those arbitrary things get forgotten with a quickness.

WarMachine_v1 likes this.