Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WarMachine_v1, May 18, 2017.

1. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Believe me in any shooter 60fps is not a buzzword, it's a must because meaningful experience. If you believe in Bungie so much that they chose to allocate their resources to make the game better than purely technical ones, then wtf happened to Destiny 1? Barely any content and boringly repetitive with subpar performance with story located on their website...

Destiny 2 now is basically evolution of Destiny 1, actually delivering what Destiny 1 should have been to be honest.

dizee likes this.
  2. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

You know what's the real buzzword that Destiny 2 does have....4K lol

3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

[​IMG]

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

The console CPUs can't do it based on their engine in it's current state. Sorry, but the last thing Bungie needed was to jerk off a bunch of 60FPS fanboys instead of fixing the ability to create content for the game. Go read about the reported/rumored hell Bungie had with creating content for the game. That was priority #1 for the engine overhaul and that's what they did. I'd rather not have them worry about a 10-12 hour compile because they moved a resource node 5 feet to the left.

5. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i agree that content should come before 60fps but i think there is possibly another reason why they didnt make the PS4 pro have 60fps outside of saying it could not support it technically (i am not a big spec guy so maybe it cannot handle it). Multiplayer balance. 60 fps PRO players would have a advantage over the 30fps players. Some may call it a slight advantage but it would still be an advantage nonetheless. I think Bungie wants to avoid any conflicts in that department.

It will be interesting when the Xbox Scorpio comes out if that supports 60FPS on Destiny 2. If it does, then I think the clear answer is the Pro simply cannot handle it. But I think the chances are more likely than not that it will stay at 30FPS on the scorpio too.

6. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

That's not my problem, their engine is crap that's pretty evident by Destiny 1 and now Destiny 2. Engine overhaul with slight graphical upgrade, same enemies, same heroes, same UI with more dlc content...YAY let's pat them on the back great achievement. Pretty sad considering it's Bungie...

Basically this is Destiny 1 but more refined, not worthy of a sequel really....

7. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

CoD get's criticized every year for being a re-skin but it's really not considering it's different developer and they get 3yrs to make their own individual style of CoD.

Here we have a game that's literally a re-skin of the previous version but it's okay because it's Bungie.

8. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Alright you lost me now. To say D2 is just a reskin is so ignorant of what the game has gone through in the last 3 years as well what already been shown and confirmed for this sequel. You clearly have not researched this very deeply and seem to just have a chip in your shoulder concerning the game or Bungie.

9. Smokey_Run

Almost all sequels are just iterations on what the first game should have been, I don't know why Bungie is getting shit for what others do all the time. The only time a game gets a complete shakeup is when it fucking tanks and needs it.

No. It's not a reskin, but you're free to continue talking out of your ass.

10. Smokey_Run

Scorpio more or less has the same CPU as the PS4 Pro. Bungie has cited the CPU weakness as being a chief reason there isn't 60fps on consoles. Otherwise, Bungie will envoke the parity argument.

11. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Time will tell but I'm afraid it'll be more of the same than new.

12. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

WarMachine_v1 likes this.
  13. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

14. doom-loop

doom-loop Green Up

1000% yes to Destiny 2. I've been a day one D1 player and will be for D2.

15. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Played a lot of D1, it definitely had its problems but the work Bungie did over the past few years fixed the game tremendously.

Can't wait for new raids and more MMO stuff, larger open world, these new "lost treasures" which sounds like dungeons IMO, etc.

Plus I can't think of any other games coming out around then.

16. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Attached Files:

17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Git gud, skrub. Also, I like how 400 hours only puts you in the top 65%, and mine in the top 20%. People still play this game? Lol.
    Destiny Time.jpg

Laziness likes this.
  18. doom-loop

doom-loop Green Up

2682 hours for me :/

19. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

dizeeStLTop 46%
    670h -0h deleted
    Last played Sun Nov 27 2016

20. Smokey_Run

[​IMG]

WastedonDestiny only tracks active time. If you go to Destinystatus and check the breakdown for you characters, they have active time and then active + time in tower and orbit. Last time I checked, without access to my tower and orbit time on my deleted second titan, I was at 2600 hours or something and I was there for 99.75% of it. I don't get up and let the game run for hours on end like some.

EDIT: Did some quick excel calculations with my times on Destinystatus and I'm sitting at 2708 hours total between the two categories. 68% of my total time was spent in activities. If you do the reverse calculation with that average breakdown for my three current characters, it probably means I had 162 hours on my second titan before I deleted it. So I'm at like 2760 hours total.

Last edited: May 28, 2017