Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WarMachine_v1, May 18, 2017.

1. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

destinys shooting mechanics are top notch and their coop is alot of fun. the raids are the best part of the game IMO. the pvp is not for me and probably most other people who like socom/cs style of MP games. It was always a 1 hit super/shotgun/sniper spam fest complete with a radar that shows movement for anyone sprinting. shit like that just doesnt appeal to me at all so I never touch the MP.

the problem with destiny has always been content. they give you 3 months of content and expect you to play it for 12. if they fix that issue, destiny 2 will be 10x better.

2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Got my beta code in my email. Will download it when I get home later. Going in with very tame expectations.

3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Are you in the early group on Tuesday or the open later in the week?

4. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

no i just preordered the game and submitted the code they gave me like a month ago. bungie emailed today and said to preload it. its about 13gb.

5. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

Downloaded and ready to go.

6. Buttfumble

Buttfumble 203 Spammer

There has been no game since SOCOM to fulfill the highly competitive nature in me until Destiny. Keep in mind I consider myself an elitist socombattles /GB only type of guy. No IWs M14s hell keep the M16 at home I'm a 552sd type of guy.

Many people who've played destiny never truly tapped into the competitive PVP scene. Elimination and Trials of Osiris(non respawn game modes) are HIGHLY competitive. I became impressed with the large skill cap it's pvp has to offer. There are "sweats" and tournaments dominated by the top 1% players in the world.

There is an incredible amount communication and teamwork required to go flawless in trials of Osiris which basically is winning 9 PVP elimination game modes straight without losing. This event runs from Friday-Monday every week and the map always changes. If you succeed you get to go to the lighthouse for loot and bragging rights. The adrenaline pump in some of these matches is REAL. As you get closer to 9 wins you will get matched up with people who are in the same win count as you.

I highly recommend checking out some of the top pvp players on twitch such as realkraftyy or luminosity48. They do "Carries" or help people reach the lighthouse. Many people even pay anywhere from $10-30 to have a top 1% player help get them to the lighthouse. That's the only way some people can make it because it's seriously that hard and competitive.

Can't wait for D2 PVP! I'll show anyone here on PS4 the ropes ;)

7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

It is competitive but the unbalanced nature of the PvP meta that you pretty much need to stick to if you want to do well as a normal player has almost always been really narrow. There's always been one or two gun types, with even more specific archetypes within those that everyone sticks to and unless you're in that 1% you shouldn't deviate from those if you want any hope of winning gun fights. Then there the special ammo garbage where you get ammo at the beginning of a round if your're using a side arm but no other special weapons, and if you wanna snipe now, you're pretty much forced to use Ice Breaker so you can start with ammo. There is also the same type of meta that exists with the subclass loadouts that people use. The sweatier the mode, the tighter people stick to those metas.

Judging from the D2 footage I've seen seen, it looks as the though they might balance the sub classes better by having the universal cooldowns that don't change because of armor perks and the ability to shut down supers more easily with elemental weapons. However it remains to be seen if they can balance the weapons in general and if they've learned how to make nerfs and buffs to weapons in PvP without affecting them in PvE. As a mostly PvE player that last concern is one of the most pressing to me. It was continually frustrating throughout all of D1 to grind for a really awesome raid weapon or something equally difficult to get just to have it made useless because it was too OP in PvP.

8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

yeah im sorry but imo destiny pvp is one of the worst ive ever played on a AAA shooter. i like the pve alot, i mean ive sunk hundreds of hours into the game, but the pvp is just brutal. its not for me and thats ok. I never liked Halo BTW so that probably plays into it.

ive tried trials, its better for sure and has a bit of tactical teamplay in there but its still the same old same old. radar shows where people are running, shotgun and sniper fest. Save supers for a given round. still not fun. if i wanna play a no respawn FPS like trials mode is, I'm just gonna play siege. I cannot take any shooter seriously when so many crutches are involved in a pvp mode, its why I really enjoy socom, dayz and shooters like that. You use your eyes and your ears to get your kills, not some stupid crutch or gimmick to pander to people.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  9. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

Do the servers go live at midnight on Wed? Best Buy shipped my copy on Friday.

10. Smokey_Run

Yeah. Midnight Tuesday/Wednesday.

dizee likes this.
  11. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I played this for 4 hours or so last night. I still dont get it. You run as fast as you can from fight to fight, shoot everything you see and run to the next fight, no strategy involved, its kind of like a fancy version of asteroid. 4 hours, hundreds of kills and 1 death due to reviving others in the middle of a fight, while watching tv. I didnt even bother upgrading my guns and shit, the stuff was coming so fast as soon as i added an upgrade i found something better, so i figured fuck it and just stuck with what i had since it worked fine. maybe in a couple days i will go and change out the stuff and use the upgraded shit..

12. Smokey_Run

Considering your previous posts on looter shooters, I don't know why you even bothered.

13. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Does your D1 time carry over into this the way the Mass Effect games did?

I know I can look it up, but I like to wait to get the game sometimes to learn about it, so I know asking you, you won't spoil anything.

Thanks for any info man...

14. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i hit the cap this morning since i was able to play it since early afternoon yesterday. its basically more destiny 1 and a glorified expansion. id give it like a 7/10 right now. will see how the raid is and how quickly the content dries up. the story is stupid and not even worth watching just skip every cutscene.

15. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

because every single person i know is playing it. I dont entirely hate looter shooters, just make it interesting at least, make it the tiniest bit challenging. I started playing last night about 10 minutes after the other people in my party and i was finished with the first set of solo missions 10 minutes before them, without ever dying or coming close to dying, while watching prison break on netflix on my other tv. its just way to easy, at the very least they need to remove the automatic health regeneration or make it so when you die you dont start exactly where you died, have some kind of penalty for playing stupid. and instead of having enemies that mostly wait around for you to kill them, have them actually try and kill you. like the one boss that shot rockets? all you have to do is stand behind a 2 foot tall rock and he cant hurt you, he will never move to another position and all his rockets hit the rock in front of you doing zero damage while you have a clear shot at him. and instead of giving me a new helmet every 13 seconds make me work for it and give me one that has a much higher level. why give me a 2 or 5 point higher level helmet after every turn i make? why would anyone bother using this crap? just wait a few days and upgrade to something that is actually worth upgrading to. hearing people on the mic get excited because they found a pair of boots 2 levels higher than what they had is mind boggling to me. and people spen more times in the menus than they do actually playing the game. its like fortnite, is you spend 4 hours a night playing fortine 2 of them will be spent in the menus collecting worthless rewards and throwing them out, why? what is the point? why give out a whole bunch of worthless crap nobody wants?
    i honestly think people like this game so much because it gives them a false sense of accomplishment. its like bragging about how you just beat up a room full of people but forgetting he fact they were grade schoolers.

16. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

oh the cut scenes get skipped before they even start. i am mashing the o button every time the screen fades.

dizee likes this.
  17. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

I've got the game on PS4.

Add me on PSN: xxpantherrrxx

18. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I also got it. Same name as here fellas.

19. Swill

Swill Killjoy

The first Destiny was kind of stupid and lame. I'm not surprised the second one is lackluster. Most sequels nowadays are.

20. Smokey_Run

"Story is stupid"

*skips every cut scene immediately*

Good job. Continue to provide top notch feedback.

Animal-_- likes this.