Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WarMachine_v1, May 18, 2017.

1. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I am rank 20, level 270, I hardly tried. the game never got harder, i even did the bullshit busy work like killing multiple enemies with a pistol without reloading and killing 10 of the "hard" guys with a golden luger. so far the hardest part of this game is sitting through the multitude of loading screens...uh sorry, i mean flying my spaceship from planet to planet to talk to various people for no apparent reason. if there is one thing this game did right its finding a way to waste as much of your time as possible. "fly to this planet and talk to this person" you do that and they tell you to fly to another planet and do something, you do that and they tell you to fly back to the planet and report what happened (because obviously long distance communication has not been invented yet) so you talk to that idiot and they tell you to fly to the tower and talk to some other idiot, ok dont now what? oh walk 2000 yards to the other side of the tower and talk to that idiot then run back here and talk to me again then run to the other side of the tower and talk to that other fool then go back to some other planet and talk to someone and then go redo a mission you already did 9 times but they are calling it something different...

sound about right?

MACK IS GOD and Ditch like this.
  2. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

99% of this game is stolen from something else. so its no surprise they copied and pasted yet again.

Ditch likes this.
  3. ThursdayLE

ThursdayLE Night Stalker

I'm super late to this discussion, but if anyone wants to join up an play I'm on just about every night. Looking for pvp and pvr players for our clan, Death By FyRe. My psn is ThursdayLE. Shoot me a friend request and/or clan request.

4. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Nail on the head!!

5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Fuckin shill.....

6. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I did play a bunch of the pvp the other night. i went into it expecting to not do very well but it ended up me and my teammate were the top 2 on the scoreboard almost every single game. if they take the stupid ass lightning finger and fireball throwing wizard bullshit out, it would be half way fun to play. but nope, you kill a bunch of assholes and they do some magical lightning bullshit and kill your entire team 3 times over before it wears off. talk about a crutch? jesus....

7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

It was way worse in Destiny 1 with all the gear that had buffs that let you recharge your abilities faster. Now all the abilities are on the same set timer that's a bit slower than D1's base recharge.

If you wanna kill someone who's using their super, you need to switch to your energy weapon as they made it so elemental damage will cause way more damage to someone while they're in the middle of those. It's only a crutch against people who don't know how to counter it.

8. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

oh i killed them enough times, but when you dont know its coming there isnt much you can do about it. 1 second you are shooting at a guy and the next he is a purple fireball flying all over your face. its still a crutch, if you have zero kills and use that shit you are guaranteed at least 1 kill. i keep getting told to use that shit by the people i play with but i refuse. i have played the entire time so far without ever using that shit, pvp or pve. dont even know how to activate it. i did accidentally activate some plexiglass shield the other night, i was on a mission where we had to dodge a bunch of lasers i guess? big white beams that moved all over the place, so anyhow i ran and slid under one and just as i was about past it this stupid ass fucking plexiglass shield pops up in front of me and stops me in my tracks killing me on the spot. i wish there was a way to turn off all that wizard magic bs altogether. i dont use it, i dont need it, and i dont want it. give me a gun and some rocket boots and point me to the bad guys.

now here is a question for you, what the fuck do i do with all this glimmer shit? i have been maxed out since like the 3rd day, what the fuck do i buy with it? i have found nothing to buy, everything thats for sale is miles worse than what i am using. at one point i bought a bunch of shit just to break it down but that is a long way to go for pretty much nothing.

9. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

they made the pvp a focus fire zerg shooter in D2. you either run around with a pack and shoot the same target or you get picked off by a team doing it. no skill what soever, no thinking outside of "do i use my super now or wait till the next round". totally mindless casual PVP that is downright brutal to play, for me anyways. This games twitch numbers and reddit threads dont lie, the content that is there is lacking and the PVP cannot carry the game. the only good thing about D2 was the music. its really hard to believe after 3 years they still havent figured out that they need CONTENT. ofcourse they have content that they could have released but they decided to charge $35 for it. i havent played in 10 days and doubt i pick it up again.

10. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

first thing i do when i start a new game is flip the axis, the sec0nd thing i do is turn off the music, so i never got to experience the best part of the game i guess..

11. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Just picked it up, working 4 to midnight now monday through friday so weekend late night sessions?

12. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I just got back into it after being in Europe. I've got a lot of shit to do, so I am slow playing the hell out of it. @Animal-_- since you and I have played D1 together, I am using you as a sounding board since I appreciate the grind you put into the first one. Just got to Nessus as I cleaned up some of the planet missions outside of the main story.

Is it just me, or are there less loot boxes in this game than the first? I'm not flying through missions and am actually looking in out of the way spots for them, but it just doesn't seem like there are as man to find. Maybe it's just me...

Not wasting my time on PvP unless I absolutely have to. I rarely touched it in D1 and enjoyed the piss out of it. I'm also enjoying the piss out of D2. I knew what to expect out of this iteration, so the repetitiveness of the enemies, etc. does not bother me a bit...

13. UnSeenDeath88

When you able to play? Would be nice to get with somebody still similar in level instead of like it was before you and Animal carrying me the whole way.

14. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I'll be honest. I am playing on an as available basis. Work has been very busy, and I'm also two months out from closing on my house, so I have packing and planning to do. A late night sesh would not be something I can do, but I'll try and work with you to get on when I can. Same with @Animal-_- . I had a blast playing with you guys. I know @Smokey_Run plays, too. I haven't had a chance to get down with him, though I want to...

UnSeenDeath88 likes this.
  15. UnSeenDeath88

I know how that is. I literally just started playing today got about 2 hours in before work. I agree with some other comments, very easy. I want my golden gun back to for the hunter subclass, why am I running around with a staff shooting lightening all over the place as a hunter, that reminds me more of a wizard.

16. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I'm down to help you level up this weekend if you want. I'm not enjoying Iron Banner or pvp at all so since that's all that's happening this week I can power level you through the bullshit.

17. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

both of you, let me know when Saturday and I'll see if I can get down.

18. UnSeenDeath88

late saturday night, gonna take a 2 hour road trip and see my dad saturday day won't be back until late in the evening.

19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Sounds good. I put in a 4 hour sesh last night. Maxed levels, but still more to go. I'll try to get on again tonight. Got a bunch of shit to do throughout the day, but I hope to get on again tonight.

Hope to see you both on....

20. UnSeenDeath88

Well I logged on for about an hour or so, sent you a message, and Animal had just logged off minutes before I logged in... Finishing up Nessus then on to Io.