Destiny 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WarMachine_v1, May 18, 2017.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Sorry man...had to deal with flooding last night. I was waist deep in water till about 230am. I had every intention of getting on. It rained like a motherfucker here all day yesterday. Texted Mack about some football shit beforehand, then dealt with posing in my basement. Can't wait to be out of this townhome. Glad I am renting right now...not my financial responsibility to fix this

UnSeenDeath88 likes this.
  2. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Fuck man, our town houses dont have a basement, just a building on a slab. Anybody able to play tonight I'll be on.

3. UnSeenDeath88

Missed you tonight man. Me and animal played for 2-3 hours got me finished on the story mode, now the grind starts for me.

4. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Sorry I missed you guys. I really want to get down with both of you and @Smokey_Run but my gaming has been sporadic. Outside of the flooding I just got cleaned up yesterday, I am finishing up on closing for the new house. I had the pre-drywall inspection and walkthrough yesterday, and I am officially closing on 12/8 so it's madness. I'll TRY to get on this week/weekend.

UnSeenDeath88 likes this.
  5. UnSeenDeath88

Congrats on the new house, it will calm down soon. I hope to be in that position in the next year or two, for now I've got to find some place with cheaper rent, I dropped 6 months up front because I needed it but there has got to be some place cheaper.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  6. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Thanks. I'm gonna go by there today and take some pics.

I'm hoping things mellow out after the new year. I expect them to, but you never know.

I know what you mean about cheaper rent; definitely in that boat when I was your age. Places like that are definitely out there...

7. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I really don't play much anymore (played some Iron Banner last week). They've got serious issues and I more or less moved on to other games now. In an attempt to win over the people who left Destiny 1 at launch and didn't stick around to see that things were fixed with The Taken King, they've neutered the loot system beyond belief IMO. Maybe down the road with an expansion I'll play with you guys, but as for vanilla D2, I've wiped my hands of it.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and dizee like this.
  8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

You arnt the only one. D1 and D2 #s

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/reports/daily-population

i havent played this game since week 2 and dont intend to. game has many issues like you said and the raid looked very lackluster.

9. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

weeeeeeeeeeak. But I understand completely. I agree the loot system is jacked, but I still find fun with the game. More or less because I am not sessioning the crap out of it. Once the grind comes upon beating the story I am sure I'll get pissed with those same issues.

Shit I still need to finish Andromeda for those same reasons. As much as I honestly do like that game, despite its shortcomings, I could never find the desire to WANT to play it for super extended periods of time. I'd go in 3 hour spurts and them move on to something else...

10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

upload_2017-10-19_10-38-44.png

Pre-Drywall walkthrough was done Monday. Just need to put the shellon and get the interior done. Right on schedule for the 12/8 closing...

Animal-_- and UnSeenDeath88 like this.
  11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

In a world where 2 million players is somehow a failure.

I agree the game has plenty of issues that need to be fixed but the hyperbole around the internet about how awful D2 is is way out of proportion to reality. One thing that is absolutely true about Destiny is that people love to hate it.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  12. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I just dont understand how people like it and continue to play it with its absurd lack of content. in just a few days, playing as little as possible, i had done every fucking thing the game had in it multiple times over. the game seriously has the same amount of content as maybe 3 chapters of an uncharted game and that is being extremely generous.

13. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I just got the Uncharted collection on PS4 and I beat the first game in about 8-10 hours, taking my time. You're saying you did everything D2 had to offer in less than that? Sorry man but I call bullshit.

14. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I just ran through the entire story the week before last with a friend, we played roughly 2 hours a night and were done in 4 nights. once you finish the story mode whats left? doing the daily challenges and all the other crap they want you to do? because none of that is new content, its just parts of the story mode being replayed. once you beat the story everything after that is just doing parts of the story over and over and over and fucking over. I mean yeah, I can make a game with everlasting content if thats all there is to it. make one mission and then say the only way to beat the game is to do that mission 42 million times. let me ask you this, how many missions did you have to repeat to finish uncharted? or was each mission completely different from the previous? did you have to fight 16 different bosses in the same arena?

look, i know you love this god forsaken game, but you cannot for one single second tell me or anyone else with 9 or more brain cells that this game has content. its by far the shortest game i have ever played with the absolute least amount of content possible. repeating missions does not = content. and the raids and other bs do not add to it at all. whats that special mission they want you to do every week? the one where its (big surprise) story missions that you have to do in a certain time? do you consider that new content? because last i checked doing the thing you already did 50 times only faster is not new...

15. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

You dont think there is a issue from those charts? sure the game is gonna have players, its a AAA game with millions of dollars behind it. Doesnt mean that those significant dropouts are healthy. Go look at the twitch numbers, D2 is constantly getting significantly beat by F2P games.

It will also probably see a minor spike when it launches on PC, but its going to continue to fall because the PVP is terrible and there is not enough PVE content there to keep players playing it for more than a month or two tops. The 2 expansions are going to likely be even worse if D1 year 1 is the road map they are following (which is a safe assumption considering the similarities and how this game plays almost identical to it).

16. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

exactly my point.
    black ops 3 kept our attention for a year and a half, ark, started playing in january and still play it constantly, 7 days to die kept us busy for over 6 months and we still play it, far cry 4 we easily got 3-4 months out of it, fallout 4, a year and still have not completed everything, watch dogs kept us busy for 2 months, gta? do i even need to bring that up? for the amount of hype and the scale of destiny, not to mention the amount of time that went into making it, the pathetic amount of content is just embarrassing. having to repeat missions half way launch week is not acceptable. how fucking lazy is bungie?

when this train wreck launched pretty much everyone on my friends list was playing it non stop. most of these guys are hardcore destiny defenders, you cant say a single thing negative about that abortion without them getting their panties in a twist. usually every night i would have 18-20 guys playing it, last night i looked, 1 guy. 1 single person was playing it, the rest were back on 7 days to die, mx vs atv, rainbow 6, ghost recon, ark, elder scrolls, and fifa. so how is it these much much older games are being played while a brand new destiny is sitting there being ignored by all these hardcore destiny people?

17. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

Nice to see Slick still doesn't have a fucking clue about games with loot in them. Guess what genius? They're designed to run the same shit over and over again until new shit comes out or you get everything you find value in.

The current Destiny problem is the quality of the loot and the way it's dished out. Everyone who "hates" the game will tell you it's a better game, it's just the loot treadmill is fucked. All of those hardcore Destiny fans are likely asking for a reason to play the game, but there currently isn't one cause there isn't anything of value to chase.

18. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

I understand how they work, i played the division, that game had about 1000 times more content to it, i was not forced into doing the same 9 missions over and over within the first 5 hours of the game, see the difference? i also understand you dont make a game with such a tiny amount of content and expect people to be fooled into thinking its bigger than it is. (clearly some of you are just that gullible) seriously, if gamers are becoming this fucking stupid i need to get into the business. i could make a game where to walk across the screen pick up something and then walk back across the screen and some of you fools would think its amazing and be willing to spend $200 on that shit because it "has so much content and literally can be played forever!!!!!" whoopeeee!!!

the funny thing is, not a single one of you destiny defenders are even trying to deny how pathetic the amount of content this game has, you all know i am right and are just trying to explain it away like its perfectly normal for games to be micro in size but still full price, and every one of you suckers cant wait to spend another $30 for dlc to get another 24 minutes of gameplay.

19. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

destiny 2
    [​IMG]
    the division
    [​IMG]

do you guys see what i am talking about now? or do i need to break it down even more? or are you still going to stand by your "its how its sposed to be" defense?

and for the record, the division was a fairly shitty game, but at least it was challenging from time to time.

20. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty