Devblog #19 Project Confrontation

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Eagle_F15, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

Welcome to Devblog #19 Project C Community!

We have hit a milestone in our steam group with a whopping 504 members! This is amazing, especially leading into alpha towards the end of the year. Thank you all for the early support, this keeps us motivated and focused on delivering a solid TPS! You guys rock!

We have made some changes/additions to the dev team. Although change is difficult, we felt it was best for the game. This team needs to work like a puzzle, be on the same page and come up with development decisions together as a team and make it all work at the end. With the addition of our new UI guy and Programmer, these changes will give us a better look and speed up our development progress.

With out further ado, our new devs…

Rev- 2D Artist,

Everyone should know Rev from the SOCOM movement and TRS forum! He is the design expert over at TRS. Not only has he designed our new “Game box art ready logo” he will be redesigning our HUD and UI! We are excited to see what Rev brings to the table. He has dived into Unity to learn how to implement his work himself, not only is he a fast learner, I am impressed with Rev and his ability to adapt to this learning curve. We are extremely excited to see what he designs and what he implements!

Aaronsnobel- Programmer

Adding a programmer/engineer is key to us moving forward and seeing more progress and giving Sour a right hand man in knocking this out!

Aaron will be working on game modes, demolition is first up to bat! To get game modes in is beneficial to our mappers as they develop there maps with a game mode in mind and see exactly where some final changes if any, need to be made.

Welcome our new devs and thank you for the support!

Eagle

…road to Alpha!

2D Artists
    Rev

Hey guys, glad to be on board here helping to bring back a great SOCOM experience. Here’s some cool stuff…

Logos
    A few things created as far as branding for ProjectC.

[​IMG]

HUD
    We’ve been messing around with what we initially had for our HUD. The first image below is the first concept, the second has some slight changes. Let us know which you like!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UI
    There isn’t much in terms of UI to show off other than the HUD you see above which is currently being implemented into Unity.

The UI and menus that you have seen in Project C are going to be redone from scratch. We want to bring you guys a fresh and modern design that looks sleek and clean. More to show on that in a few weeks!

Take care guys.

visit our devblog for development updates and info http://projectconfrontation.com/devblog-19/
    Tawok, MR.BLONDE, xCaZx- and 3 others like this.
  2. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

That's a beautiful UI! Good job Rev and good job to the team for implementing it. Animations of characters and models are doing good. Glad to see a brighter setting (don't want to be picky but just a little bit darker would make it just right). Props are looking good. Love the menu music!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope I didn't miss anything else.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

I agree, a little darker! Will pass that along...

Thanks for checking out the blog! We are excited for the changes and additions. Harry had a bad couple weeks, he feels he failed this devblog...lol...I think he rocked it along with the rest of the guys!!

More to come especially with game modes being worked on...stay tuned!
    HarryDanglers likes this.
  4. everythingred

Well he's doing fantastic. Your competitor who's had years of a headstart hasn't even wrapped their minds around breach mode and you guys have great animations ready for it already. Keep going!
    SkiMask and HarryDanglers like this.
  5. oni64

oni64 Warped Intoxicator

Wow congrats to the team for getting Rev on board.
    Eagle_F15 and HarryDanglers like this.
  6. everythingred

Wait a minute, what's Redline's name doing there in the screenshot? Better be a joke.
  7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

[​IMG]
  8. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

Yup, took a lot of guaranteed money!
  9. rev

rev picard is lord

$250K to be exact.
  10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz I Dream About Jade Marcela

Congrats guys. Not nitpicking, I have a legit question, the answer to which I am sure you researched: can the font style for "PROJECT" be used? I think the whole box art design looks great, and love the logo, I was just wondering about that.
  11. Harry62

Harry62 Butterstick

The logo is nice but I'm not feeling the HUD. I'd much prefer a revamped SOCOM 2 HUD:

[​IMG]
  12. XtErmin8

XtErmin8 Butterstick

You guys gonna do any voice acting?
  13. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

I believe the font is not copyrighted!
  14. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

This is just my opinion, speaking for myself, that HUD is out dated.

I like what Rev has done to bring something new to Project C's HUD, a change to Socom(a good change) and give it its own look! Besides it will grow on us, especially if the game plays as expected!
  15. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Project C

YES! Taunts and in game voice overs like "Hostages secure" "Bomb planted" & more...
    MR.BLONDE, SkiMask and XtErmin8 like this.
  16. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T iDub Scrub

Now only imagine if they had access to $250k. That money could of been used for such better things but we live and we learn and I hope from this that the last of the Socom community will never allow and outsider to come in and try to pimp our community to make revenue again.
  17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I think it would be AWESOME for you and the team to allow Community Members to "Stevie Bizzle" on your IP.

Maybe further down the line you hold a contest or something? People love that shit.

Plus, we all have a voice. Capitalize on that.
    MR.BLONDE likes this.