Disabling Auto Play Stream Videos

Discussion in 'Introductions, Info, Suggestions & Feedback' started by xCaZx-, May 25, 2017.

1. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Is there a way to stop this stupid stream from playing when I come to this site? A preference or setting or something?

It's incredibly annoying to come to the site and get hit with a loud ass video streaming. Not to mention it makes the site load slow as hell like I am using netscape 5.0.

*pro tip* if someone wants to watch his stream...they will go to twitch and watch it. Is it really necessary to make it auto play here?

dizee likes this.
  2. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

There's a little arrow above the stream. Click it and it's gone. See? That was easy.

*pro tip* we're a SOCOM community sharing SOCOM content. Is it really necessary to be a passive aggressive pissy pants about a few hours a week when there's a stream hosted?

3. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Desperate steamer is desperate for views. Sorry I don't want to be force fed your stream and its not my fault you have no viewers.

As far as I can tell it just reloads every time you load a new page. But I will give it another try next time your begging for views.

4. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Oh shit, got em.

Point 1, if I'm not mistaken, audio is muted by default, so not sure where you're having that issue.

Point 2, as Tawok mentioned, if the stream makes your browser lag, feel free to shut it off using adkiller or something if there isn't already a native button, which I think there is.

Point 3, multiple people are automatically hosted by TRS, not just Tawok. I don't recall you making these complaints when it was Luke streaming Confrontation.

Tawok likes this.
  5. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

I don't see this arrow thing that has been mentioned. I'll be done with this site until I see this situation resolved. I won't support people begging for views nor a website pandering to that behavior.

GG

Last edited: May 27, 2017