Dishes are done man. What you eating?

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by SkiMask, May 4, 2016.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Theres a lot of shit going down right now with all the Wikileaks shit and the Ddos that just happened today. The Clinton hit squads are out in force.

They shut down Julian Assange's internet and surrounded the Ecuadorian Embassy to shut down the opposition. You think they wouldnt be able to get to me?

They killed a fucking Supreme Court Justice in February for Christ sake.

Im not gonna give them a shot at me because I wanted to upload a few farming infographics for my buddies on TRS......

I love you guys and all, but theres some serious shit going on right now. Until the God Emperor is sworn in, we are all in danger. There are no lengths these people wont go to to silence their enemies.

If Im going down, it wont be because they tracked me through some fucking gardening infographics on TRS. Im seriously thinking about going dark until the election is over anyway.......

2. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Garlic Rosemary Rabbit

20161028_191712.jpg

This came out so fucking delicious. I put the bunnies in brine the morning of. Browned them in a pan of olive oil. Then sauteed the garlic and rosemary quickly. Added the rabbit back in with some sherry vinegar, salt, pepper, and water and cooked them low heat covered in the pan for a little over an hour. By the way I think if you cooked pork or chicken this way it would be good too. Don't use really cheap vinegar either.

And as a bonus here is the Red Dead Redemption view the morning of from where I picked up this dinner.

20161024_065258 (2).jpg

3. MACK IS GOD

Are those meat hunks the back legs of Mr Rabbit?

Also I imagine your piss probably filled the entire house with aroma about 4 hours after that meal........

4. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

A back leg and part of a bunny tenderloin/back straps. Maybe some off another leg on that plate too. Ideally the back legs are what you want off them the most followed by the back straps and tenderloins, then the front legs. Depending on the size and where they are shot depends on what I take.

Some people take less. I was actually irritated by whatever asshole had been i the area before me as I thought they were wasteful messy idiots based upon what and how they left things behind.

SkiMask and MACK IS GOD like this.
  5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

3qt Le Creuset? Or did you use multiple? Perhaps a roaster? Exclusively over the range?

And do you have a gunny sack or something you wear like a backpack for the skinned critters or...

Meal looks absolutely scrumptious.

If there ever was a "Chef's Corner" to this site you would totally kill it with the harvest to table theme. You could roll out all sorts of survival recipes and showcase game recipes with little packaged adventures complete with majestic photos. Can't wait to see what winter and late fall bring you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  6. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Actually if I had a 3 qt Le Creuset Dutch oven that would be the ideal thing to use. This last time I seared them up in an cast iron and then did the rest in the stainless pan covered. The first time I did it all in the cast iron but I forgot the acidity of all the vinegar wasn't really great for the seasoning of the pan.

I just use a cheap old shell belt to put small birds like dove and quail into, that'll fit 2 rabbits if I'm getting them. If that gets full I can stick one bird each into each side of my back pack. Then I could put things into the pack. And if for some reason that is full I could just tie things up by their legs with para cord and hang them off the pack. But by then I probably am pretty happy and should be counting things to make sure I haven't exceeded any limits. I have 2 of those cheap shell holders that are supposed to slide over a buttstock modified so they are on the left strap of my pack and then one on the gun.

A lot of guys use game vests... I think the cheap ones suck and I really can't justify the price of the nice ones. Only advantage over my pack is that it is easier and faster to put game into. I carry way more other stuff in a normal pack though in my opinion. Sometimes you only go a few hundred feet from where you parked but other times I've gone miles.

I was hoping to get back into bigger things again this year but had some BS drama which ate up a lot of my time. Finally did get my 7mm sighted in good so maybe I can go for some pig. Missed deer already.

SkiMask likes this.
  7. MACK IS GOD

Id be interested to watch one of your outings if you had a GoPro running.

Do you have a dog? If so do you bring him with you to fetch the kills? I know bird hunting can be a real bitch depending on where they fall and even small game can be tricky if they just get clipped and are able to run off a ways and get in some underbrush before bleeding out. A buddy of mine who is your type of guy always brings his dog with him for those reasons. Says he absolutely loves it and always finds his kills for him.

SkiMask likes this.
  8. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

I've been meaning to grab the go pro, forgetting lately. I had some older footage but it sucked. Too long range of shots against the wrong backdrop to see the birds in the wide angle.

No dog now, which makes things much more challenging. A good dog will help lead you in the right direction to begin with, point to where a bird is, help flush it out for you to shoot it, and then go retrieve it after you do get it. Alone you have to find them first. Approach the spots you suspect they are holding up. Stop every so often and hope you make them nervous enough that they will flush where a dog can just go straight up to the bush they smell them in. And then after they do flush and I'm pulling up to aim at the bird I'm also looking at everything around the bird thinking that if I shoot it at what point is it going to fall someplace I'm likely to find it. I'll let easy shots go because they're flying over some thicket I'll probably never find them or wait until they are over a clear spot till I do. Then once they fall you want to either keep your eye on where they went down or if there happens to be something identifiable in that spot make a quick mental note of that spot and where you are from where you shot it. Unless I get things to drop in a very open area or some spot that is easy to mark or sometimes just see it's rare that I'll try to shoot more then one thing before recovering the first. Where with a good dog you don't have to think as much about where they will fall and can shoot multiples with more confidence that everything will be recovered. Only downside I think to having a good dog is that even if they are really good they are still just a dog. Sometimes they'll go too far ahead or ruin a shot cause you don't want to shoot the dog.

I will say that last year I went and downed three birds right in a row with three shots and my first thought was shit that was cool but should I really of done that? Did I automatically mark where all these birds fell good enough to find them all? I did and found them all pretty fast surprisingly.

MACK IS GOD and SkiMask like this.
  9. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

I got one clip that was... ok... I guess, from yesterday. Knowing the go pro was up there running didn't seem to do my hit percentage any favors, LOL.

Some of these mistakes I knew I was making.
    Didn't have my second battery charged.
    Stupid phone app wasn't connecting so I couldn't see image prior to get vertical angle correct. Turned out it wasn't angled as far down as I would of liked.
    Camera wasn't as low on my head to get a good looking FPV. Ideally you would want the camera looking from the nose piece of your glasses but they are too big to do that. So as low down above your nose as possible is the next best solution. But I was wearing a hat so it was up even higher and angled too high. Two inches really makes a difference in how the gun appears in the videos when aiming. As far as I'm concern you need to see down the rib of the gun at the birds, work the action, feed new shells in, etc in the video. Trying to capture that in a situation that your not faking has some challenges.
    It has to be very close.... maybe even too close, to come out good on vid.
    Cloudy days are going to give a better chance at getting good footage. One I won't have to have a hat. And two there won't be any shitty glare angles with the sun.

I'm going to see if I can make a better head setup and probably try to put it in inverted mode to get another half inch lower.

10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Sounds like what you want achieved, Google Glass would be ideal. That way, you get all the FPV goodness with the angles you want; from the iris. Still, not sure you can get those anymore though. One thing I hate most about cameras and the like is trying to capture as close to what I am seeing is nearly impossible and always sure to solicit frustration to the point of total destruction.

11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Damn. Some days you just want the 24 hour brisket for breakfast. That, and to wash it down with a bourbon slushy.
    Capture.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    Well, maybe just the former...

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]
    Ate at Cane's for the first time today for lunch. Love me that Cane's sauce; competes with Popeye's Mardi Gras mustard if you ask me. The coleslaw not on KFC level, but good. Texas toast nice and salty, but only a couple bites taken. Crinkle cut fries never disappoint when crispy. Now if we could just get one of them In&Out joints I can die happy.

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Got some serious food on the brain. Never go looking for fun appetizers to make over the holidays so close to lunch.
    122344.JPG
    Anybody got any "must haves" they are looking forward to over the weekend? I need some tasty ideas.

Above is some bacon wrapped tenderloin with horseradish dipping. Below some BBQ Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Bites.
    pulled.JPG

14. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Wish I could share some tasty looking food, but I'm pushing for the 1600 calorie diet. Time to slim after all the holiday binging.

That being said, I didn't eat anything til dinner last night. 1600 calories of Taco Bell soft tacos is still only 1600 calories...
    [​IMG]

SkiMask likes this.
  15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I'll still fuck me up a couple of Chilitos, Nachos Bellgrande, Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Supreme (cause its all about that sour cream, bitches) and that Nectar of the Tards Mountain Dew, Baja flavored please. Oh and you gotta mix the Mild/Fire together. Totally a symbiotic thing and if you're not doing it this way, you're wrong.

And what does 1600 actually net you if you don't mind me asking?

16. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

For $? I bought the taco party pack for my family. It's like $13 or $14 I wanna say.

Baja Blast? Hell to the yeah. That is fuckin fire

17. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

i tried those double stack nacho crunch tacos yesterday at taco bell. they are pretty good, not as good as the beefy crunch burrito or grilled stuffed nacho. taco bell has a bad problem of taking everything I like off their menu and replacing it with shit so im hoping the double stacks stay.

SkiMask likes this.
  18. MACK IS GOD

You know if you are still drinking alcohol any diet is pointless, right?

Have you cut out the beer too?

SkiMask likes this.
  19. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Hell no. I'm from Wisconsin. If I cut out the beer I might die.

SkiMask and MACK IS GOD like this.
  20. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

My lazy ass finally got around to editing in some footage of the food getting dropped.
    And also not... when I miss.

MACK IS GOD and SkiMask like this.