DOWNLOAD HERE: SOCOM: Combined Assault Map Packs

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by WarMachine_v1, Jul 30, 2012.

1. The map packs still work without the patch unless you talking about SOCOM3. The only issue you may run in to is you won't be able to play with patch people on control points, but control points is rarely play.

2. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

My CA should be here in a few days. If we can play the maps w/o the patch, I'll be ecstatic.

Suade likes this.
  3. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

Wow great news. I only planned to play S2 and CA anyhow.

4. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

Same here Tawok. Bought on eBay last night. Should be here Saturday.

Tawok likes this.
  5. I guess you will be ecstatic when you do.

Tawok likes this.
  6. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Whoever knows how to play HDD maps without the patch, please let me know. I'll spread that news like wildfire.

7. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Dom is saying you can do so on CA without the patch. S2 is a different story. I wish I had even the tiniest clue of how to fuck with Ps2 code/firmware....

Drum likes this.
  8. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

Hmmm, maybe we should all befriend that Juiced guy :p

9. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Unfortunately, thanks to the C9ers last night (new names :mad: ), We're going to have to go through the process of running password protected CM rooms on Community Night. Which means people who aren't directly involved won't be able to play with us, and I was hoping for an amazing turn out this Saturday, tbh.

10. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

I'm getting this shit set up tonight. I've had my fill of S2: XLag edition, and I saw how much better CA does on XL last night during the marathon. CA, here I come!

11. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

I was really lucky to finish one map on SII last night without getting booted or frozen. Although I LOVE playing SII, I was able to play CA for almost 2 hours straight last night with zero issues. No doubt it runs a bit smoother, and considering we have been playing the map packs and no "large maps", I had a blast.

That being said, I would still like to get enough on one night for some Convoy. It has literally been 5+ years since I ran over some Mercs in a truck.

socom3/cafan and Tawok like this.
  12. [TW]eVo7

[TW]eVo7 Devil's Road

@LUKENBACHER the link for the CA map downloads needs to be fixed, it just takes you to the TRS Ladder banner page, also does that when you click downloads at the top of the page.

13. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

I deleted mine, for some dumb reason. I need to reinstall these.

14. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

15. [TW]eVo7

[TW]eVo7 Devil's Road

As much as I don't like S3 or CA I'd still be willing to play them on the map packs, and do donuts in hummers on other maps :D

16. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

Well, lets round up some people.

I bet we could get a CA game going.

17. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Just got this downloaded, ready for CA as well.

18. Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  19. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

Do we need to keep the file structure? Or take the maps out and put in the root? I noticed they are two files in so just asking. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  20. Yes. It needs to be extracted and be /SOCOMCA/RUN then .zar files.

WAR_PIG likes this.