E3 2017

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by PandaMissesSocom, May 15, 2017.

?

Which will Sony Announce at E3 2017?

1. SOCOM Remaster

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Sailor Moon HD

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. H-Hour coming to PS8 Fall 2045

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Spyro the Dragon HD

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Macklyn Jenner to replace Shu Yoshida as president of WWS

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. SOCOM 5: The Musical VR Edition (DDR gameplay only)

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Bunny Hopper

You must not know me to well... Lol!

SOCOM Confrontation=SOCOM in my book!

2. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I do think SOCOM was ahead of its time but without it on PS2 does Sony even make it into the PS3 Gen with online relevance? It did it's job in carrying the system against Halo and the rest of Xbox Live. Signs point towards Sony wanting to continue that trend on PS3 but Confrontation flopped due to mismanagement all around from /6 to Sony. Zipper wanted out of the franchises roots evidenced by MAG. Then you have Call of Duty coming out of no where and it changes shooters on console as we know it. One final sorry ass attempt to capitalize on the lost ground Sony shit away to COD while Zipper was tinkerning around with another failure in MAG. They release a modern market targeted SOCOM and it flops. RIP, it's game over. Sony gambled and lost.

The brand is shelved until it's needed again. And honestly it's not needed at all. I don't agree with that view point but it's the truth. Look at how well Sony is doing. PS4 is selling at a PS2 pace on the power of strong single player storyline games and in the multiplayer front your CODs, Battlefields and Destiny's are pushing out numbers the SOCOM franchise has never seen combined. The numbers we would bring out aren't worth it. Sony is content with buying that exclusive timed DLC as it makes the money. The markets changed since the PS2 and PS3. I'm just as much to blame as everyone else since I've ate up the cods and such that have come out. But as gamers we dug our own grave. This is the market now. SOCOM is dead and gone just like Syphon Filter, Spyro and all those other classics. The only way to bring them back are to support the devs that take the risk to go against the market trend and there just aren't enough of them these days as well.

That's my 2017 view point anyway. I don't think I've would of said this a few years ago but reality is really setting in. It's time to move on and accept the fact it's over. Enjoy gaming as is or find a new hobby

3. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Bunny Hopper

I agree with this. I'll always have faith though. Shit, its free to get together and hype this shit up and frankly, its fun! Getting together after all that goes on within the community and just shooting the shit waiting on a reply was cool! I would hope the SOCOM community will meet up and hype up every E3 every year here on out, just. In. Case.

Besides, I enjoy lots of games now as well as a development opportunity. A few games hold me over and give that Socom itch! Between console & PC I'm good on waiting, hoping and hyping it up!

Just emagine a new SOCOM, gives me chills saying it! What would it be like!? Giving Sony's track record and what's out now, what would a brand new SOCOM be like!?

4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Sony isn't going to spend the money on SOCOM when those millions can be used to lock up a co-marketing deal that makes people think of Playstation with the biggest games of the industry. Battlefront 2, Read Dead 2, Destiny 2, Call of Duty WWII, FIFA 18, and the list goes on. Those are going to be the biggest games of the next 6-10 months and Sony locked up the co-marketing on all of them so when people see those games they identify them with Playstation on some level. Microsoft did the same shit last generation to great effect.

Anyways, I find myself on the verge of getting both Metro games and both Wolfenstein games as a result of E3 and the sale on PSN.

5. PandaMissesSocom

PandaMissesSocom Boom Boolah!

Yeah I honestly just fell for this Bravo Team bullshit. But the hard truth is they just don't see any reason for socom no matter how vocal we are. I think they just see us as loud and annoying and nothing else honestly.

I'm really starting to contemplate jumping into PC gaming. I feel like there may be more that caters to me when it comes to tactical shooters and what not. I can still play sports fans and first party games on my PS4.

6. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

- Call of Duty: WW2
    - Spider-Man (Interested)
    - God of War
    - GT Sport
    - Everybody's Golf (Interested)
    - Dragonball FighterZ (This game really surprised me and I'm really interested in seeing more of it. Huge DBZ nerd.)
    - Detroit: Become Human (Interested/Price drop)
    - FIFA 18
    - Uncharted: Lost Legacy (Interested/Price drop)

7. Eminem

Eminem Devil's Road

i agree i might very well jump to PC gaming after another disappointing year without socom. Once i move into my new house i may purchase a PC and get into counter strike and a few other tactical shooters on there.

8. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I think the issue for Sony is how hardcore SOCOM 2 really is. The game is ridiculously hard to adapt to for new players. No one can just hop on SOCOM and drop 10+ with ease. Getting kills has never been easy on any SOCOM for a new player. There is a phase of adaptation and grinding to be good at the game. Even for a long time SOCOM player getting back on SOCOM, it is a struggle to feel that gun-game out again. It takes weeks for even some of the best players to get to be simply a shell of themselves. There are too many maps, too many game modes, and too much variety. Casual gamers are overwhelmed by this. When presented with a) COD where bullets shoot perfectly straight 90% of the time and 1st person prone camping guarantees easy kills or b) SOCOM where there is a decent amount of recoil, super fast movement, and its 3rd person so players are aware of all of their surroundings. You HAVE to use your grenades to push people off walls and corners to take map control. The game will still have a campaign mode that will sell the game to a lot of people.

9. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

The year 2007, when COD4 was released, was the year SOCOM would never stand a chance for an entire decade. COD was new, it ran as smooth as butter, it had flashy awards, medals, gun camo's, and most of all it is the most casual noob-friendly game we've ever known. Anyone, including my 3 year old son, can get a kill on COD. It is a an amazing game for a casual gamer or entry level gamer looking into shooters because of the simple fact that you can get a lot of kills very easily. I have been playing COD since COD4. I've owned every COD and every year I am in line getting the next one. I don't play pubs, though. I get some friends, create a team on GB, and play SnD all day because it is the closest thing on console that I can get to a round-based shooter that requires teamwork. COD will sell millions of copies again. Because every year a new gamer is born and its the easiest shooter game on the market. But, I think the hardcore/non-casual/SnD community gaming audience is growing tiresome of the same thing. COD, BF, COD, BF, COD, BF.

A SOCOM 2 remake at this point and time would bring variety back to console. The maps, the modes, the clan system, the servers, the ranks, the lobbies, etc. would be a breath of fresh air at this point. It was the console shooter that put competitive gaming on the map for consoles. Not to mention it has one of the best campaign modes every (Sony's all about SP games right now) and it literally has the supporting numbers (on PS2) to back up its marketing.

10. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Reason you don't see too many competitive games on consoles is because consoles are viewed for the casuals. That's why most competitive games are on PC.

However as of late that's also changing as skilled based/competitive games are making a return in due large part thanks to PC gamers gravitating towards those games like CS:GO, Overwatch, LoL, Dota, StarCraft, Rainbow Six etc...

Good thing is consoles are receiving some of these games like Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG (Eventually will be eSports) etc... Bad thing is, if the competitive game has the PC counterpart...the scene will remain on PC. :(

Call of Duty is the only viable eSports on Consoles and games like Madden and FIFA mainly because their audience is on the console as is the scene.(Even these games depend on yearly basis on who's got the marketing rights and where the scene is between PS and Xbox)

It would be nice to get a PlayStation Exclusive game to be eSports based game so the competitive audience can gravitate too and not splinter the community across platforms but unfortunately business wise it's just not worth it when you have so many marketing deals with Call of Duty, Destiny etc...

ChicKeN likes this.
  11. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Oh and another competitive game coming this year is Lawbreakers and it'll be $29.99...

12. Focuzed

Focuzed Night Stalker

LUL Lawbreakers he said! That F2P game that's already DOA

13. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

That's yet to be determined if it's DOA or not. Also its not a F2P if you're paying $29.99.

If you're patient enough to get through this INTERVIEW, you'll actually realize how much in common the game creator Cliff has with your own ambitions of non holding hands.

I would actually recommend any SOCOMers to take a look at this interview even if you have no interest in the game itself. Cliffy B talks about games catering to casuals, crutches in games etc... etc...

14. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Titles such as these should be supported to validate their ATTEMPT even if it's not your cup of tea but the principle behind SKILL BASED GAME development etc...

carry on.

15. Focuzed

Focuzed Night Stalker

Been testing the game for the past year, really good friends with Ms. Murder, the community manager from when I worked with her during Dirty Bomb. So I know their goals, I know their aim, whether commendable or not, the game is releasing without much hype as it had last year.

I guess time can only tell

16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

What a flaming pile of shit of an E3 amirite fellaz? WTF!? I mean Monster Hunter World has me hyped, The new Metro looks fuckin SIIIIIICK DOOD! Spiderman looks great, but most of it we already saw last year or gave zero fucks about. Am i getting old and jaded? Someone please validate my opinion... anyone?

*reads the backlog of comments" WHEW... that was a close one! Sea Of Thieves still looking sexy af too.

17. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

Didn't see all of them, Sony's was rather short and certainly not as good as the past two years, I personally think they need to have more gameplay demos ready for next year from both 1st and 3rd party games.

18. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Chopsticks

For everyone that's interested in Spider-Man, how do you feel about quick time events? Because that's all I see this game being...

Dragon Ball Z fighters looks cool. But it's really just a reskin of Marvel vs. Capcom.

I don't think I was hyped for any particular game this year :/

19. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Agreed.

There are still millions and millions of gamers that prefer playing games with controllers while chilling on a comfy couch or recliner. Definitely more casual but, there are still bright minded serious players included in that controller loving community.

I just see a need for variety but then again I am partial to SOCOM when I say that. That is the variety I see lacking. It may not be the variety people want, though.

20. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

COD isn't my favorite but, I enjoy it for a quarter of the year when it comes out. I always have fun when it first comes out because there are so many friends/teams that sign up to do some GB wars for the first few months. It is really active and exciting to compete on the ladder with your friends in an organized war with rules established and no lame shit that you see in public matches. This years release may be a bit of improvement. Assuming they put in the same system that COD:IW has (I haven't seen or know the exact features, just what I read from the update), you will be able to get GB wars straight from the game itself by just being in a party and posting for a war. If that is in fact how they set up COD WW2 then that is a huge improvement for convenience sake. It takes too much time getting wars on GB's website now.

Edit: After posting this I read an article how this system is just in BETA. There have been a lot of issues with the dedicated servers and the Game Battles features as of now. I think the point of them releasing this on the second half of COD:IW was to work out these issues before the release of the next COD, though.

HTK likes this.