eSEALS Season 2 Rosters, Schedule, Maps

Discussion in 'Events' started by hexum, Aug 11, 2017.

1. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 7.55.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 7.55.23 AM.png

SkiMask, Tawok and WAR_PIG like this.
  2. eVo7

eVo7 Computer Room Technician

So I have a question, whoever wins this whole season thing do they get like a trophy, a cookie, ice cream cone, a candy bar, or something? Or do they just get e-cred in a relatively dead community?

dizee likes this.
  3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Great question! What would YOU like to see? Gaming headsets, cash, gift cards, capture cards, er what?

Maybe after Season 2 and just before Season 3 you or some other clever chaps around here can come up with some ideas for prizes and/or pools and such? One thing my mommy always taught me was when I was to criticize something it was always best done with a solution or at the very least a couple ideas for improvement up the sleeve.

That way you don't look like a huge fucking dick talking shit.

Got any of them ideas Evo or just stopping by to look down your nose today because you're infatuated with the Hex?

WAR_PIG likes this.
  4. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

I'm actually looking into some 3D printing companies that make dolls and characters for anyone from a drawing and seeing about doing all Socom characters. Maybe we could create a trophy like deal with the characters? That would be awesome. eh?

But yeah.... good call it. LOL

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, SkiMask and MattyB like this.
  5. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

Let's be honest here... there would have to be some sort of monetary value in order for this to really take off. I don't play in the league but I believe the boys play in it just to get their competitive juices flowing. I see people all the time flaunt their old clan records and awards like some sort of high school letterman jacket, so there will always be a competitive scene. Wager matches would be fun to watch but with the state of how inconsistent XLink can be i could see that causing some serious issues.

SkiMask and WAR_PIG like this.
  6. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

But a 3D printout of a socom seal would be kinda cool in a completely dorky way, but I think that would be a fun paper weight or gadget.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

Exactly. Like, I'm probably going to do this anyway. LOL How freaking cool would it be to have the Gordons FF dude or the Chef DT character sitting at your desk? ha! Seriously looking into this. Cost is really reasonable now on this stuff too.

8. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

I think it would be pretty sweet. I mean if we are crazy enough to go thru that we do to play socom still, what's wrong with having a cool reminder of the good ole days?

WAR_PIG and SkiMask like this.
  9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Sorry about the date mixup. I think that's great you putting it back out into the fray and giving your subs a higher chance to win some cash.

So along the likes of which Evo was criticizing the idea of something to give folks (ice cream and shit?!?) and you liking the slam (it is funny, btw) then so what would you propose then? One hand you laugh that there is nothing to be given to the folks who showed up for SOCOM week in and week out with friends (playing, streaming, getting the word out, recruiting etc etc etc) and on the other you say any monetary support is futile.

So what are some of the ideas you have then? This looks to be a fun little league of like minded folks similar to that of a bowling league. Is there not something that could make it fun, incentivize folks to play, and wouldn't damage the integrity? Your returning of the money to the stream is a great idea.

Hoping you have a few more?

I think growing the league is important and a good look for SOCOM, TRS and the wider movement of retaining and picking up new memberships. What say you?

WAR_PIG likes this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

None of this stuff matters. Gamebattles is the only true arena where the greats competed.

Only the best played on Gamebattles.

11. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

What's the end goal here? To me this feels like a backyard whiffle ball league that a bunch of good friends put together. I don't doubt the amount of time that has been put into this and you can see the hard work paying off, but it is hard to take this league seriously. Don't get me wrong, I could come nowhere close to what they have put together so I'm not criticizing. If this is meant to be a league and have a good number of followers you have to give the viewers consistency. A set time and date for matches (I know it's hard with schedules but it's a must), set match numbers (3v3 one night and 4v4 the next), and set broadcast team (don't have rando players come in and smoke weed on your stream). Loved the draft they did, like the spectating mode that was added, and like the use of discord to go into the players mindset. If you are going for just a fun league that doesn't take itself seriously than I think you have nailed it and should be happy with where you are at. i think @1UP has some cool ideas that could enhance Eseals as well.

SkiMask likes this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

I challenge any team in that league to play me on Nightstalker.

Bet you none of them mark ass lames even think about trying me on some Nightstalker.

13. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

I'll take you on Nightstalker but I call Terrorists.

14. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

It's the little things that can make something that much better. I mean even something like that as a trophy could be neat. This league thing doesn't have to matter really to anyone other than the people who enjoy doing it.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  15. MACK IS GOD

Sides will be chosen at random. By a coinflip I make live on Discord to ensure integrity.

16. eVo7

eVo7 Computer Room Technician

You're really wrong on all accounts I was actually being serious.

BUT, I guess insane rants that make 0 sense are the Skimask way so I am not in the least bit surprised.

17. MattyB

MattyB Navy SEAL

Ro Sham Bo best 2 out of 3 on discord?

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  18. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

I think the best thing to do is, if you're not going to actually play in the league, not come in here and comment on it, because all it's going to do is stir up unnecessary shit. Evo was obviously joking, and Ski has already pounced with one of his patented bi-polar, duel personality responses. But, it could be avoided by just not posting where people know their comment is just going to cause drama.

Animal-_- and 1UP like this.
  19. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Code 9

I'm taking Ali's assholes to take it all this season! Good job Hex on this and keep it going bro.

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

If we want to have a discussion about the pros and cons of prizes in the eSEALs league then we should do it separately from this thread for sure.

Swill likes this.