eSEALs Season 3 Rosters, Schedule, Maps, etc...

Discussion in 'Events' started by SkiMask, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

As I said, in 2017, I can't see there not being the technology and the know-how to bypass any cheat protections, at least not on a 14 year old game using a 3rd party software.

The match commentators would have no idea if someone had e-tags or one-shot kill, for example. Match commentators, or anyone else, doesn't know what a player is doing on their end with their PS2/PC. At best, all they can do is accuse and guess, but e-tags and one-shot kills are easily explained away with "Been playing for 14 years, I know all the spots where people go" and "I'm just getting headshots".

To be clear, I'm not saying their IS cheating. I'm simply saying three things: There's no way to know for certain if there's cheating or not, there's every chance that there is, and the higher the stakes get the more cheating will eventually become an issue.

dizee likes this.
  2. ninjawarrior-56

ninjawarrior-56 203 Spammer

The odds of someone cheating in a patched room with cheat detection from KNOWN players is slim to nothing. Bringing this up is irrelevant to the discussion because the chances are slim. Do you live your life with what if statements?

What if my house is destroyed by a natural disaster?
    What if I lose my job tomorrow?
    What if aliens exist?
    What if a terrorist boards my next flight?
    What if my neighbor is a serial killer?

Now here is your question,

What if someone is hacking a SOCOM match from a game that's 14 years old with a anti cheat detection system being played by known players who have played for many years?

I think the first 5 questions are way more likely to happen personally.

K_M_A_R_T and SkiMask like this.
  3. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Harry himself has stated that the patch isn't 100% full-proof and that there's no way of knowing for certain whether or not someone is cheating.

Cheating can come from players both known and unknown. Again, I'm not saying that cheating is happening. I'm simply stating that no one can know for certain if it is or isn't, there's every likelihood that players are cheating, and the higher the stakes get in prizes, you better believe that cheating WILL become an issue. It's inevitable. Again, if you think one guy's independently made patch can prevent cheating in 2017 with the technology and know-how available out there, you're being a bit naive.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hope I am. But I doubt I am.

4. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Code 9

Who cares? That same logic works in traditional sports playing for millions of dollars or like the recent Jon Jones steroid issue where he won the belt and got found cheating for the 3rd time. People cheat in school, people cheat at work, people cheat on their taxes and people cheat on their relationships so why are you wasting your time pointing out the obvious about a online video game season their trying to run?

It's either you're trying to devalue the importance of this because you disagree with it or it's because you want to just complain about something. Which one is it?

Don't sit here pointing out the obvious, just let them enjoy their eSeals for what it is for whatever prize they want to do it for.

SkiMask likes this.
  5. Swill

Swill Killjoy

It's neither of those.

I'll do what I want. I have every right to voice my opinion on a discussion that's being had. Thanks for the advice, though.

6. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

you do but you have no stake in what we are doing at all. no one has accused ANONE of cheating at all in what we are doing. the appearance is that your just trolling to troll. this is a NON topic. Harry did say that someone breaking the code COULD happen....that doesnt mean we have to sit here and wonder DID HE DID HE...well theres a prize..he mustve.

K_M_A_R_T likes this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

You can actually see the troll from so far away its actually kind of cute at this distance. Monet kind of cute; from afar ok'ish, but ugly as sin up close when you really see it for what it is.

K_M_A_R_T likes this.
  8. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I don't have to have a stake in something to have an opinion on it. And, you certainly don't have to care about what my opinion is.

I'm not trolling. I'm offering up my legitimate opinion in line with a discussion that was going on in this thread in regards to what E-Seals is and how it will function. Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't mean it's "trolling". If the people in charge of E-Seals want to be naive enough to ignore the very real likelihood of cheating, that's their business. I'm just trying to offer up helpful advice that it should be looked out for, that's all.

Good luck this season. Hope it goes well.

9. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

you bring no value at all to what the topic was intended to be about. you came in here with posts about cheaters when theres no merit behind it at all. you were looking for a response. you got it. if thats not trolling, i dont know what it. move on.

K_M_A_R_T likes this.
  10. Swill

Swill Killjoy

This isn't true, though.

66666.png

The conversation was started with this. Animal then chimed in, as well as HTK, and a discussion began in regards to who E-Seals was for, what it was about, and what it wanted to be. I joined the discussion and offered my opinion on the prospect of cheating being a very real likelihood in E-Seals and that it's something the leaders of E-Seals need to pay attention to if they want it to succeed. It was a perfectly legitimate thing to bring up in the context of the discussion that was going on.

The concept of cheating in E-Seals has a ton of value, especially when you consider that SOCOM has a very rooted history in cheating. I'm in no way out of line or unreasonable to suggest that it's very likely cheating either is or will be an issue for E-Seals in the future.

11. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Code 9

So people are naive to have a competition where there are loop holes that people could potentially take advantage of and cheat in? So you have that same sentiment about the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Nascar, Soccer, Olympics, UFC, Boxing, etc? Because as I said in every one of those there is the potential for people to cheat and them not be caught and in everyone of those there are prizes or huge amounts of money involved so should they just never have athletic competitions ever again or should they have them and keep their eyes open to the possibility of cheaters?

hexum likes this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

What if my house is destroyed by a natural disaster?

Should have had insurance. After Sandy hit in 2012 everybody with a 300K shitbox beach house in Jersey got a check. Then they all took them and used the money as down payments on multi million dollar beach Mcmansions. I never saw so much fraud and profiteering in my life. It was glorious.

What if I lose my job tomorrow?

Have a criminal enterprise that you maintain throughout your life to hedge against unemployment. Then you can work stress free knowing that if you lose your job you can fall back on something.

What if aliens exist?

They do.

What if a terrorist boards my next flight?

Cant happen. The TSA protects us from terrorist attacks by making us take our shoes off and molesting us.

What if my neighbor is a serial killer?

Then you're in luck. Its a great opportunity for you to murder any people you want to. Simply kill the person you would like dead, and leave the body on his property. Since he's a serial killer, the police will just assume the person you killed was one of his victims.

Checkmate.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, Swill and SkiMask like this.
  13. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

mattyBs post was a legitimate question though. he was told and appears to have moved on.

tbird likes this.
  14. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

My question was legit as I was actually curious what direction Eseals was going in. You responded fairly and we moved on. Could there be cheating? Sure. Is there cheating? Not that we can tell. Can the players police themselves? Yes.

K_M_A_R_T and tbird like this.
  15. Swill

Swill Killjoy

And my opinion was a legitimate concern to talk about.

I understand you're still kind of new here Hexum, but the way things work here is that, if the conversation in a thread shifts in the direction away from the OP, people just tend to follow the direction of the conversation, even if it's off topic. Again, the conversation went in a direction where what E-Seals is about and the direction it's trying to go in was discussed. I merely added to that discussion. People continued to reply to responses, including yourself, which continued the conversation, so I naturally continued it as well. I don't see anything wrong with that.

16. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Yeah..........this is definitely a massive no lol.

dizee likes this.
  17. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Where did I say anything even remotely close to "E-Seals should never have competitions"? You're applying your own warped interpretation and false assumptions to what I said, which was never close to that whatsoever in any way, shape, or form.

18. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

More massive than your ego?

SkiMask likes this.
  19. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

@Swill definitely new here but ive certainly caught onto how the most of the posters are on the site. just keep going and going and going and going.

we get it. you are caught up on people cheating. you dont fully understand the patch but feel people will bypass it....and youll be in here posting for the next three days around things you know nothing about (eSEALs). move on. I said it again...lol

K_M_A_R_T likes this.
  20. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Code 9

herp derp herp derp....there could be cheaters in a online video game tournament...I'm bringing new information to the table...herp derp herp derp. If you honestly believe that the first thing eSeals or any other online tournament organizer thinks isn't about cheating then I don't know what to telll you. You basically said the sky's blue to people who all live on earth as you do and now that people are calling you out on it you're trying to act like you were actually bringing new and valuable information to the table.

I know your feelings on eSeals already because when this was first announced you were on the boat with others as saying you don't believe this should be done now and you think the goal should be to continue to organically grow the player base more...oh well.

tbird and SkiMask like this.