eSEALs Season 3 Rosters, Schedule, Maps, etc...

Discussion in 'Events' started by SkiMask, Sep 13, 2017.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Which is odd seeing as how he and a couple singlehandedly killed the "TRS Community Night" by then creating "SOCOM Fun Night" (in direct opposition) and then excluded people from joining.

How very legitimate, indeed.

2. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

That's not exactly how it happened, but let's all agree to keep that in the past where it belongs, yeah?

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Sure we can leave it in the past, but I still never received an invite nor did a couple others from here and coming from someone who wants to "grow organically" I just don't see this as a viable effort nor a good approach. Sure, lets leave it in the past, but fact remains:

"Ain't No Fun" (If the Homies Can't Have None)

4. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I'm sure they wouldn't care if you just show up and play on Friday nights in their room. I'm not in their discord anymore and they don't seem to care too much if I play with them and just use in-game mics. I get your point, though.

5. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

To be honest, that was caused by me banning Swill and Mack from our channel for saying racist stuff. They really had no other option but to make their own channel. But that's another subject and we should probably try to stay on topic.

SkiMask likes this.
  6. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

To that post, voting people out of that room doesn’t served anything especially if this group is trying to move on.

On topic though, this post has dramatically swayed from what it was intended. Is there even a need to have it open anymore?

7. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

So uh how is season 3 going? Lots of cool kills and things? Close matches? Real question actually, can trades happen?

SkiMask likes this.
  8. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

Someone just made a uturn to get back on track haha

going good. Spacing wars out to not rush the season. See a ton of info based on how people drafted. Some skill some on who they were Compfy playing the game with. No trades are allowed.

9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

It is my thread and I would like it to stay open and I personally don't mind where it goes. If/when it gets ishy enough I am intellectually competent enough to bring it back on topic and trust me I will especially when Plier takes huge dumps on live streams for the world to critique.

I was sort of vague in the OP on purpose because contrary to popular belief, I like to engage in discussion even when it is involving difficult conversations. IMO, it leads to new topics loosely following a thin thread of the OP and leads to engaging the Community at large if it can be broad and still be intense or thought provoking. Everyone responds to this stimuli differently and especially in this format so....yeah, Season 3.

Nothing worse than having a trash pile of threads with only 4 responses especially ones locked.
    Passwords and all, but I think I'm gonna like having you around...

10. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

They always announce the password on the stream so it's not super sneaky or anything.

11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Oh right. I suppose not sneaky.

I guess I never made it past the clowns talking shit to ask them if they could give the subject a PW. Figured they'd just let everyone here know or something, but then again, organization has never been their strong suit.

But I get your point, though.

Good thing the eSEALS don't have that problem. The organization seems tight and the games are thrilling to watch. I bet soup to nuts the folks playing get to puff all sorts of SOCrack out of being on a stage with commentators.

Don't screw it up Plierr I got action riding on you! Odds not looking good, but an underdog is always one to watch.

hexum likes this.
  12. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Half of the eSEALs community didn't want that. It would turn eSEALs into 1 powerhouse team wrecking everyone and maybe one other team that possibly can try to compete. Then 3-4 other teams doing nothing. Keeping the Tier of players spread out makes it more competitive for the pool of players participating. It may not necessarily be the best vs. the best every war but it is the best for the current population on XLink.

No one is cheating in eSEALs. Everyone must have that patch which prevents cheating. Then you have someone commentating the entire match looking at everyone playing which prevents cheating. You have random people drafted together who don't normally play together now playing together. Trying cheating, and watch you get exposed by those random people playing together that would honestly love to put someone on blast. So it is essentially impossibly to cheat.

The biggest issue eSEALs has is XLink being the platform everyone must play on. Constant boots, people can't join games, people can't see each other in game, people can't see each others pings, end an arena, make a new arena, and the list goes on. You combine this with the lag S2 is already known to have? As an adult who works full time, married, kids, etc. the last thing I want to do is waste hours of my night dealing with XLink's issues. Spending more time restarting my PS2, relogging, rejoining, and actually in the game. It is hard to find fun in all of that. I've made the personal choice to just not play on XLink at all anymore. I really hope somehow our community or someone in it finds a way to play on a server of some sort that resolves all the issues XLink has.

SkiMask likes this.
  13. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Even I would get on the nostalgia train if there was a way without XLink, which there always is if there is someone smart enough to make it. I think you hit the nail on the head @ChicKeN when it comes to XLink.

SkiMask likes this.
  14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Thank you both for your candid opinions, I agree with alot as well. The server hosting and patch pushing would be F'ing awesome. I personally know how you feel eSEALs Chicken and I completely understand. Especially, when you are getting into your busy season with work. The younger kids coupled with the wasted time and the disconnects are real.

Lately I have been having trouble after first sight of the rooms. Once I get the obligatory disconnect that is short to arrive, sometimes I cannot see them after no matter what I've tried.

Simply infuriating. Too stubborn to throw in the towel just yet though.

15. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

One thing to consider is these XLink issues do not happen on Combined Assault. I don't think CA is nearly as good as a game as S2 but there is most definitely far less lag in CA and not as many boots (my little experience with CA on XLink).

CA has never seen the arena numbers that S2 has on XLink, though. I can only assume that if 50-100 people had bandwidth running through CA's arena the same would happen. It would be interesting to know for sure. An organized "test" night maybe. It is just not likely you can convince people to play CA when they can play S2. I know that is why I have never invested anytime in CA on XLink.

16. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Code 9

I feel like in 2017 there has to be a way to bypass XLink that doesn't take too much work. Maybe a updated service like XLink that works better

SkiMask likes this.
  17. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

CA is MUCH worse for me in terms of boots and overall difficulty in getting into a game by several orders of magnitude. I can count on one hand the number of times Ive had any issues logging onto S2 and having any major issues and I can count on one hand the number of times I HAVENT had an issue logging onto CA or dealing with boot issues.

Purely anecdotal, but thats been my experience. Plus CA sucks and is vastly inferior to S2 by every metric so theres that too.

SkiMask and ChicKeN like this.
  18. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

For once in my life I can say that I have experienced the same issues that Mack has.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  19. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Yea CA does suck. I've always heard the opposite about getting into games and stuff though. Could just be CA lovers saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Definitely confirmation bias from CA fanboys desperately searching for a way to claim CA is superior on any level to S2. Even something that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay.