First step.

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Bacterin, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Yea e-Seals isnt owned by anyone. That would be like saying you owned the name US EAST.

2. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

its not..thats true....but its not helping the cause they are trying to do. I can log onto socom with the name MACK or MACK IS GOD..its not trademarked but what would the point be to that.

3. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

The idea of having a website already exists, but not what we have in store for the future. That's what nobody is getting. Having TRS and SocomOnline/SocomEsports begins and ends there. We have a future in this. That's the difference. We aren't making a website just to keep the heartbeat going, but to bring it to life and propel it.

I guess there's no way to prove how long we planned on doing this, and I knew this would happen. It's a shame. Right when SocomOnline launched we sighed and almost gave up.
    We started building the framework for this site when it was still just TRS..a forum.. And it's cool to have a forum to talk shit and reminisce about old times. But that's just not enough. SOCOM deserves more than that.

You think we decided to do this because we saw Ninja and Hexum do it first? Do you really think we are that egotistical and retarded? Do you think we wanted to get laughed out of the building? I think you guys know me a little better than that. I am open to having a discussion with Hexum and etc. to smooth things out.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  4. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

You think what we have on the website now is how it will be forever? We only have a home page with information on it until we complete the other tabs. Today was just the announcement.

5. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I'm all for other people in the community building sites and what not dedicated to Socom, if you want to build a fan site/forum site that's fine. You want to make a ladder league that's fine to. But make the idea your own. Hexum came up with the e-seals thing, that's his. You're only hurting yourself if you try to piggyback onto the name he is using because people knew of him and his league first. When people think e-seals they will be thinking Hexum, not you or your site. It may be true that you had this idea for awhile but he went public with his first.

It shouldn't be hard to come up with another Socom related name for your site or what you want to do with it. You try to get out word and some guy shows up on x-lonk saying "Hey, have any of you heard of this e-seals thing" because he heard something about your site but wants more details, everyone will assume he's talking about Hexum and will be referring them to him, not your site. All you stand to do is maybe poach some people from him while most will be misdirected when looking into e-seals and might be pointed in your direction when looking for info about Hexum's league or vice versa, I just don't see how anyone wins there.

6. ninjawarrior-56

ninjawarrior-56 203 Spammer

Why come to the TRS to promote your site if you're trying to decommission it? People are already here for a reason and aren't going to be receptive to change. Forum softwares don't change. The concept has been the same for the last 2 decades. Good luck in trying to convince people your forum is the best.

7. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

What would be the point of me complaining about it if you did?

8. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

I think it's obvious that we will have to change the name or think of a different variation unless Hexum gives us permission. We only kept the e-SEALs title because we discussed it and came to the conclusion that no one owns that term. And our idea around that name was too good to give it up.

9. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

We wont have to convince them with our words. And it wont be just a forum. I guarantee everyone will use the better site in the end. Unless their bitterness get's the better of them.

10. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

If was obvious why did you launch with it that way in the first place? I can work on something called an iPhone for years and have it all worked out, but when Apple beats me to the punch with theirs, I just don't release mine with the same branding regardless of when I had the idea. Now this doesn't have any of the legal ramifications of that but it's at the least absent minded and at worst blatantly disrespectful of other community member's products/work. As much as I like all the talk about uniting everyone and doing something big with the community, you're not off to a good start with showing them you have the decision making ability to follow through with all of that.

Bigfry, hexum and eVo7 like this.
  11. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Are you guys buying the SOCOM IP from Sony and then hiring ex Zipper employees from s1/s2 days to develop a HD remaster or new game? If not then any plans you have arent going to excite anyone.

oni64 likes this.
  12. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

They will be involved, yes.

13. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

Well because now everyone has a problem with it. That wasn't in our original plan.

14. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Also as the very first rule in our forum policy states...

hexum, ninjawarrior-56 and oni64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.