Focuzed's Task Force Tester Recruitment Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Animal-_-, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

One more time, let's not trash this one fellas.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Do they still need testers though? I swore I saw a stream with a full room.

Are they even testing? Or playing it as if it were a game?

SkiMask likes this.
  3. Benefit

Benefit Squid Slayer

i already did that and never got a response.

brad2192 likes this.
  4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

It seems as if they are playing it like a game, but most likely showing it off and just playing because there is a TON to do and the rigorous boring stuff wouldn't be streamed, I wouldn't think anyway.
    I hope they do reach out though as you've been around for a minute and would be a great addition to the effort.

Benefit likes this.
  5. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

We basically just play the game and report anything odd that we see.

6. Benefit

Benefit Squid Slayer

Thanks SkiMask I would love to try it.. I was actually a fan of the insurgency mod

SkiMask likes this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Focuzed he's right, he'd be a great addition to the group. Please consider.

8. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Why is there a post about this when Task Force Admins are trimming the group and not expanding it?

9. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Because the first thread turned into a massive shit show, so I made this one to keep the topic open. You're the first person to say anything about the status of the testing group.

10. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Well if we want status updates on this topic... I was just kicked from the testing group because I took a couple weeks off. No notice or anything. I actually liked the project and was a fan of the direction it was going in. Now they can go fuck theirselves.

11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Did you tell them prior to taking that time off? If they really are focused on testing and getting things working right then leaving for 2 weeks with no notice might be a legit reason to kick you.

12. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

They have like 60 some "testers" and I have never spoken to Red directly. The term "testers" is a little misleading they really only want people to play the game, we don't really test anything specifically. It was always a very informal event so never thought it would matter. I had heard they were going to send out messages to some to see if they were still wanting to test or if they were inactive for a certain reason but that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well.

13. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I was removed too. Never got a message or anything. Just got a random notice from steam when I turned on my laptop yesterday that my privileges were revoked.

Granted I haven't played in a month but there wasn't a lot of testing going on. More of a circle jerk around redline group and let's all play this earrrrllllyyyyyyy product and avoid doing that entire testing thing.

I don't really care to play test again though and I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it. Personally from my point of view they are on the right track just did this beta thing the wrong way. Which isn't surprising at all

MattyB likes this.
  14. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

well i do believe its time for one of redlines boys to step in here and clear some stuff up!

15. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Couldn't have said it better myself.

16. xSneak

xSneak Chopsticks

Redline wants people to promote the game like on twitch and youtube. I saw him practically begging xshot on twitch to play the task force alpha, and supposedly he has a contract with a big name streamer to play the game when it comes out.
    All this is to say that "regular" people aren't getting into the testing process.

17. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Why is he worried about streaming it right now when it's no where close to being ready? People are going to forget about it well before it gets released. Good info to know though man, thanks!

18. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I hate to start a tinfoil hat conspiracy but I would put money on @MattyB getting kicked out of the group because he plays with us on TRS nights and the majority of us who play on those nights dislike this project.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  19. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Until we hear from someone from the game dev team who can fill us in on what's really going on it's all just speculation. Does such a person even exist at Tracer? It'd be great if there was a person in charge of community relations, they would definitely be welcome here.

RaidenXS and domino99 like this.
  20. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

So, how's this game going anyways? Saw a few streams not anymore, saw a few tweets, not anymore.

So testing isn't testing, it's playing, while testers are streamers to get the name out? Awesome, now how about let real testers test? Or are the current testers not able to test when they want? Is it, we are playing this day, come test(play)?

And kicking people because they leave for a week or so is terrible. They are a volunteers. Message me what's up, reach out, something? Wow, that is just wrong!

MattyB likes this.