Forum Updates

Discussion in 'TRS Support' started by WarMachine_v1, Jun 19, 2013.

1. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER Retired Co-Founder & Co-Owner

I saw that ad earlier today. It is like a half clear png image with some hard to read text. If you see it pop up again, right-click and send me the url, and I will add it to the blocked url list. Sorry for the inconvenience. You would think Google Adsense would pre-screen stuff of that nature a little more carefully. I will keep an eye out for it as well. Thank you for letting us know.

Ditch likes this.
  2. XTREME-WARFARE

XTREME-WARFARE Grenade Spammer

I'm liking that the options are easier to get to.

3. VR-4-

VR-4- Devil's Road

Thanks War!

Updated my DoB... now I don't feel so old lol

4. JayO

JayO Grim Reaper

Shitty. Features could be easily abused.

5. Uncle_Dad

Uncle_Dad Navy SEAL

The Like button is gay.. would love a meaningless 'vote out' (dislike) button

6. General E Blazed

General E Blazed Butterstick

Looks good. Thanks.

7. Bdrunkz

Bdrunkz Butterstick

I may use XenForo for my own site. So, I am eagerly waiting on the list of new features! I have noticed that when my post is quoted I get notified. I am not sure if that’s an addition, as I have only recently decided to get on here and post . But, if that is a new feature it's amazing!

8. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

I highly recommend it. I have explored many options but I like xenforo the best by far. There is an upgrade currently in beta right now for xenforo 1.2, however I didn't want to upload an unstable version to TRS.

9. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Is there an option for disabling the auto-loading of the Twitch player? I don't mind it auto-loading for a new session, but it's aggravating to have to scroll up and press the pause button every time I visit a different page thereafter. ( :

10. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Drum done... sorry that it was never like that from the start.

Drum likes this.
  11. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Whoa! Thanks. You rock.

12. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

In the bottom right on the page, in the footer, you can now mark the forums as read. Temporary fix for now.

Drum likes this.
  13. Xx_ICE-PICK_xX

Xx_ICE-PICK_xX Boob Connoisseur

are the new forum updates why the site keeps going down at times? like about an hour ago? or is that just for me?

14. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

That's probably just the TRS anti-Codes, crushing the dreams of some butt-hurt "OG" C9ers who are trying to site-bomb TRS from a make-shift lab-bunker (basement). On rare occasion, this has been known to result in a lag wrinkle or other through-put disruption.

15. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

I think it has something to do with our hosting. The hosting has been all screwy lately.

16. VOODOO

VOODOO P.T.F.O.

Is it time to transition from "TheRealSOCOM" to "TheRealHhour" yet? We all know the actual SOCOM series is dead now. Are people here willing to "move on"? I can't imagine anyone is still hanging onto the dream that another actual SOCOM game is ever going to be made again. Am I wrong about this?

17. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Taking a little longer to log on more the usual the past couple of days. Lagging really bad.

18. rev

rev picard is lord

Well, if you think about it, H-Hour really is "The Real SOCOM" we've been waiting for... :p

It's something we've discussed, we'll see what happens.

19. VOODOO

VOODOO P.T.F.O.

Exactly! This is THE game everyone has been waiting for, made by the man who knows what the real SOCOM is supposed to be. I believe H-Hour should be embraced with everything the community has.

Are there any holdouts left who actually believe Sony is going to make a real SOCOM game again now that Zipper is no more?

20. rev

rev picard is lord

Well I was saying TRS is a play on words for what H-Hour is, so the name sort of fits. At the same time, i'm not completely objected to having a site name that embraces H-Hour a bit more.

I personally don't see Sony coming anywhere close to matching and recreating the promises David and H-Hour are bringing to us now.

Let's get funded, then we'll talk...

VOODOO likes this.