Friday 13th The Game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Jun 1, 2017.

1. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Ignoring the server/game bugs... Friday the 13th is awesome. Honestly it's probably the most unique multiplayer game to come out in years.

The basic idea involves 7 players trying to survive against a player controlled Jason. You're offered a few different ways to escape with 911 calls, boats, cars or just simply waiting for the round timer to hit zero. The problem is all of those methods of escape involve teamwork. It's very unrealistic to expect one person to find all the parts you need to repair a car for example. So all these random people stumble across the puzzle pieces you need for survival and you come together to survive... or perhaps betrayal? I haven't played a game since SOCOM where in game mics with randoms are so heavily used.

My favorite moment so far in the game was with my buddy. We repaired a two seat car with Jason on our tail the entire time. We were dodging and weaving like crazy in general being a massive pain in that ass. Eventually he chased and pinned us inside a cabin. I got on the mic and convinced Jason to spare us by giving up a teammates location nearby. I don't think the dude wanted to fuck with us since we were still packing with a few tricks up our sleeves so he goes and teleports off. So we haul ass to the car and I'm driving while my partner is giving me directions to escape. All of a sudden a bunch of randoms start crowding the road ahead and begging for me to stop. I fucking floor it and team kill like three dudes and escape to safety. Lmfao, it was awesome we sailed out the exit and took out half of our team in the process.

The game has a ton of moments like that. Every game is a unique beast and the population of mic users makes it really special everytime

Organ-Donor likes this.
  2. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

I need some streaming of this. Sounds hilarious.

3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I know @Focuzed has been streaming it lately, that's probably a good start.

Focuzed and WAR_PIG like this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Holy shit that sounds awesome! LMAO. You little scumbag. You dimed out your buddies and then ran them over and left them to be slaughtered by a psychotic lunatic.

Details please? What platform? Available on Steam? Controls? KB/M or controller etc.....

It sounds right up my alley and a damn good time.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Organ-Donor likes this.
  5. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

Steam, PS4 & Xbone. Take your pick

6. PRE_-CISION-_

Steam has a pretty big issue with cheaters from what I have read up. I am sure they will fix that but they have a bunch of network issues on console they need to hammer out first. PS4 works but matchmaking is spotty however a fix is right around the corner.

I play like a total bitch dude. Whenever Jason comes after me I am the first one ready to rat out my teammates. In general I am a total prick on the game to my partners. Last night I had this random as a hostage even. I found a shotgun and threatened to shoot him if he didn't put gasoline in my car. We were in a hurry with Jason nearby and the dude wanted to be a bitch about going outside LOL. It's one of those crazy type of games where the people you play with can make it special

MACK IS GOD and Organ-Donor like this.
  7. MACK IS GOD

This sounds fuckin great. I can see us having an absolute blast if we had a bunch of guys from here playing. I definitely want to watch a stream.

8. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Focuzed is streaming right now.

9. MACK IS GOD

Link? Found it. Thanks bro!

10. PRE_-CISION-_

What did you think of the gameplay?

@Bigfry has a video up on the game but more of a negative impression if you're interested in getting another perspective on things.

11. MACK IS GOD

I watched @Focuzed stream of it and it looked like fun. Like you said, I think the people you are playing with could have a big impact on your enjoyment of the game.

It brings back memories of Manhunt for me. I like games where your character isnt OP and can actually get killed by enemies. It makes for a more immersive experience I think. If you play regularly and we can get a couple other guys from here to play, I'd definitely buy it to play with everyone.

But I will definitely sell everyone out to save my own ass. So dont turn your back on me. Its like that old saying about two guys walking in the woods who get attacked by a bear. "You dont have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the guy youre with."

12. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Yeah, I find it clunky and overall just not even close to the $40.00 price tag.
    Not a lot there for me

13. MACK IS GOD

Would your opinion of the game change if the price was lower? Do you think it would be worth getting for like 10 or 15 bucks?

14. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

pretty much my go to reviewer on YT. the wall hacks/warping that Jason get are gonna prevent this game from ever being a competitive game.

15. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I don't think they were aiming to make a competitive game lol.

16. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

The devs have stated on numerous occasions that it's in no way intended to be competitive. That being said, as a counselor there are multiple ways to escape Jason or outplay him. It's about planning and outplaying. Is Jason OP? Slightly yes, but not OP enough that you can't escape him. I've made many Jason's just quit the game because they get pissed off that they can't catch me.

CoolDawg likes this.
  17. CoolDawg

CoolDawg #3l173m4573r

FrustratedJason.gif

Tawok, MACK IS GOD and Focuzed like this.
  18. PRE_-CISION-_

Jason is suppose to be OP. It's Jason lol. People who complain about that have the entire point of the game sail past their head. The best is when you luck yourself into 3 knifes and a flare/shotgun. I played one match last night and this dude said he was going to report me for cheating lmao. I fucking love this game

19. MACK IS GOD

Much of that can be attributed to your superior finger speed though, right? Not everyone has the talent to do that and it could just be your skill gap that is making that happen.

Bro if you definitely play this a lot I'll pick it up so we can fuck over all the other players.

Is there a lobby system where all the players end up in the same room after a match and I can listen to them cry about how I told Jason where they were to save my own ass and complain about how I stabbed them in the leg to slow them down so Jason could catch them while I was able to escape due to their injury?

This game sounds like its right in my wheelhouse.

20. PRE_-CISION-_

You do go back to a lobby after games are finished. I been playing almost every night since release and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Quick match is still semi broke on PS4 but the patch should be this week sometime. if you pick it up we can link up for sure