Friday Night Community Night - ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Swill, Apr 21, 2017.

1. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Explain my camera moving and not my crosshair, I'm confused. I never had an issue with 1 tapping or bursting my weapon in Confrontation.

You describing that it was simply holding R1 and pulling it down is basically what all SOCOMs did except SOCOM 4.

M14 for example you either look at the ground and let the recoil take it up and maintain it at body level. Or keep it at body level and fight the recoil with your right stick...

SkiMask likes this.
  2. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Sharpshooters in SOCOM 2 didn't even need to aim with both sticks, basically let me put this crosshair here and strafe without really aiming and rewarding you for it. SOCOM 2 was the worst offender of this.

3. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

I still think you are illustrating Chicken what some are pointing out.... you are so wrapped in the love for those games you aren't looking at it objectively. Unless you are actually out shooting a real gun, this crap about "marksmanship" is laughable on ANY "video game" dude. C'mon. None of these games a real.

As for your assessment on CA, if this was the case... about spray and pray... I would be a beast on CA then. AND I'm not. I'm about the same k/d on CA as S2. I think ppl are WAY over analyzing this shit. They are all video games man. Different mechanics, yes but to say, well us S1 and S2 ppl are much more skilled then you CA players is just the most asinine assessment..

4. eVo7

eVo7 Rah-he-lah!

Talking about the gun mechanics in s1/s2 vs S3 and CA makes me want to make a video explaining the differences using the games to demonstrate of course. Too bad I don't have a capture card.

SkiMask likes this.
  5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Except SkiMask. Same with Luke. Damn if I didn't enter into 20 gun battles and lose every single one.

"Dialed-in" is an understatement for me. I think I have mine set to twitch 180° headshot and that's much too fast.

But them headshots tho...

And I agree with HTK about Confrontation. Damn if side switching and the run button didn't basically kill the game. That and the hack, obviously. Still felt the mechanics of the weapons (despite the window issues, I just backed away a smidge?) were better, but the audio combined with the hit detection and the feedback with shots landed coupled with proxy and all the various maps/modes made it the complete SOCOM MP package.

They should seriously dig it out the trash and implement a single player mode and just sell it again new. Fuck it. /s

6. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

I will be on early tonight to cleanse my body of the toxicity of Wednesday and practice my M14 and M79 skills in public rooms full of wall sliders.

7. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

The crosshairs never went up in SCON. They only bloomed and camera tilted the crosshairs up. Completely different than any SOCOM where the actual crosshairs rose up themselves. Not tilting your camera. You may have 1 tapped or bursted but it wasn't effective. The bloom reset was too long to make it effective. In comparison to S1 and S2.

Or, you just 1 tap the M14 and it shoots lasers and you never have to pull your crosshair down and around. Just like people 1 tap their SD's, AK's, and everything else.

Like I said, there are different types of players. Some people in every game they play is simply hold the shoot button down and adjust the crosshairs with their analog. In S1 and S2 you could do it all. Hold R1 and adjust. Or, like a ton of players did, they "feel" out the bloom of the crosshair on each gun, and single tap or burst. For every SOCOM after S2 it was less beneficial to do this because the bloom reset was crazy long, and the fire rates were increased to be much faster. No point in single tapping anymore. Just spray and pull and pull and pull.

At the end of the day, maybe that was their intention with S3, CA, SCON, and S4. Considering you could put attachments on in those games, maybe they wanted their to be benefits to attachments. Otherwise no one would use them since you could be equally as accurate by tapping without them. If that was their intention, then it all makes sense. But, a larger part of the SOCOM community does not like that change. Again, it would be like CS nerfing 1 tapping/bursting. Adding in the ability to customize ALL your guns with attachments. That community would be outraged.

8. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

I will be on late tonight and be sure to remind you all EVERY single round how horrible S2 is and how bad it sucks ass. Prepare of the bath of salt. LOL

Drum likes this.
  9. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I'd be down to join you. Maybe we can sow enough seeds of hatred that by the time the rest of TRS comes on we will be in the middle of a full on TK fest that everyone gets sucked into.

We will be too busy actually enjoying the game and not getting eye cancer to notice!

Drum and WAR_PIG like this.
  10. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

@HTK

I've actually never seen this video before and I can't hear what he is saying since I am at work. But, in the beginning when he shoots. You see the camera tilting. SCON is the only game where this exists. When he has compelted the entire clip and shooting. Your camera is now facing upward, your character is facing upward.

In other SOCOMs. The crosshair will rise, and you fight the crosshair as it rises, rather than the camera. But, let's say you don't fight the crosshair (in S2), and you just let it go up, it will reset back down to where you started by itself. Also, to go with this, you can simply Tap R1, never letting the crosshair rise out of control, and then just master the "timing" of each guns bloom (they all have different fire rates, so they bloom differently) and you are shooting 1 shot lasers on peoples heads. This is nearly impossible for SCON because 1) your actual camera is moving, forcing you to actually readjust your character and camera back down completely, and 2) you have to wait for the bloom to reset of each gun, and single shot again. It was never beneficial to do this in SCON.

I never could describe this myself but I knew it was like this because I am a weirdo and pay attention to the details of the gun mechanics of pretty much every shooter I play. I was talking to @BiGz about it one day and he is the one that put a name to it for me. Camera Recoil. He knew it was it was right away, and said he has no clue why they decided to go with such a system. Since he works with redline on his projects, he knows a lot more details about gun mechanics than most. Was actually an interesting conversation.

Edit: Opps, here is the video:

11. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Like @eVo7 said. I could make a completely different video comparing S1 vs S2 vs S3/CA vs whatever. They literally changed the gun mechanics so much from the originals. S2's was perfect IMO. It just had awful hit detection.

eVo7 likes this.
  12. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I don't know, all I know is S1/S2 guns were easy to use since they were all laser beams with some recoil. SCON for me at least had more sophisticated recoil patterns and each gun felt different. Camera adjustment when shooting doesn't mean you're shooting with camera and not crosshair...

I never had issue single fire tapping, recoil does take more to reset but that's fine. I think they wanted you to actually "CHANGE FIRE RATE" for more effective single taps or burst fire but you had to change the actual fire rate. If you're doing these things while in "FULL AUTO" maybe they implemented the extra recoil reset in that mode, which makes sense.

PUBG for example has that function. If you're in FULL AUTO and Single Tap or Bust Fire it feels weird and not as efficient until you actually change the FIRE RATE then it works like a charm. I don't view this as a BAD thing at all.

I personally enjoyed the feel/characteristics of Confrontation weapons.

I didn't hate SOCOM 3/CA because of weapons, I hate it because of 16vs16 and big maps/vehicles and just in general being more campy. Sure you had your 8vs8 but it felt weird since the community was split and the maps that were for 8vs8 weren't as thoughout because they were an afterthought...

For me it's SOCOM II, SOCOM 1 and SOCOM: Confrontation...in some things I would put SOCOM 1 over SOCOM 2 in terms of gameplay but SOCOM II just had so much in it as a game...

Confrontation just screamed POTENTIAL but I would still play it over S3/CA.

SOCOM 4...well we all know where that one sits...

13. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

No.

Lol.

Just no. Honestly the fact that you say S2 shot lasers makes me laugh. If you hold R1 you arent shooting any lasers. Did you play S2? S1 shot lasers. You might be confusing them.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  14. MACK IS GOD

Recoil pattern is a measurable and quantifiable action. I dont understand how recoil could be more "sophisticated" in CON than in S2. Its either more accurate, or less.

Unless you mean the recoil in CON went to private school and was on the rowing team at Brown and its patterns are like Renoir paintings while S2's recoil went to trade school and became a welder and its patterns look like a Bob Ross.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    ChicKeN likes this.
  15. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I'm not sure if you play any other shooters but not all RECOIL is the same...

16. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

I'm not the one confused. I think you are. To me S1/S2 recoil outside of M14 is all within the same bounds. You get the vertical jump and compensate for that and then it becomes a laser. This is why most gun fights specially in SOCOM 2 was just strafing and spamming without actually aiming a lot of time and it worked. It wasn't even hard to do so no, I don't think those mechanics were particularly skillfull.

17. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Although Confrontation followed along the same lines but they did have more pattern variety depending on the weapon. For example the AK-47 was the most drastic one because it had more of a bouncy pattern meaning it would do the typical SOCOM vertical pattern and then it would bounce side to side in a specific pattern. So you had to compensate more.

I know you guys love to live in the past and there were a lot of good things but there were also a lot of broken things but nobody ever wants to talk about those.

18. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

S1-->S2:
    bandicam 2017-07-14 16-03-06-922.jpg

CA:
    bandicam 2017-07-14 15-31-24-866.jpg

S1--->S2:
    bandicam 2017-07-14 15-46-54-973.jpg

CA:
    bandicam 2017-07-14 15-34-36-236.jpg

S1-->S2:
    bandicam 2017-07-14 16-31-53-890.jpg

CA:
    bandicam 2017-07-14 16-55-55-318.jpg
    bandicam 2017-07-14 16-58-40-344.jpg
    bandicam 2017-07-14 17-02-25-480.jpg

eVo7, HTK, dizee and 2 others like this.
  19. MACK IS GOD

Ok lets get some confirmations and times.

I'll be on at 10.

20. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I'll likely be on in about 20 minutes or so. Probably just room hop if no TRS are on yet to which ever rooms look the fullest.

MACK IS GOD likes this.