Friday Night Community Night - ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Honestly, at this point, I'm 100% all for creating rooms with mines turned off. I think it's reached the point of ridiculous now, especially considering that we had a player who ended up quitting and leaving at one point because he was sick of getting TK'd by them. If Warpig was at least willing to mildly tone it down, that would be one thing. But he refuses to accept any responsibility whatsoever for how his play style is negatively effecting the rest of the group and isn't willing to alter that at all. It's incredibly selfish.

I'll obviously still play either way, but I think we need to seriously consider this. The guy had like 30 teamkills last night. That's fucking insane. It's gotten way out of hand.

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I dont think thats an option in S2.

3. Swill

Swill Killjoy

No? Well then it is what it is. I guess I'll just have to be content with playing Seals every map for eternity then.

4. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

Hahaha! Youre awesome. My god dude, I'm actually embarrassed for you right now. What a complete fucking moron you are.

PIGS MINES... !

[​IMG]

Tawok likes this.
  5. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Say what you want Warpig. Like I said, the fact that you're doubling down like this and refusing to acknowledge that you're ruining everyone else's experience speaks for itself. I really don't have to say much.

It's one thing to die from mines from players on the other team. I don't anyone has an issue with that. However, for you to say we're "triggered" because we're tired of you killing 30+ people on your own team a night is, again, incredibly selfish.

6. MACK IS GOD

I dont think hes the only one whos "Triggered" though. Especially when other people quit a map as a result of being TKd by mines. Its unfortunate that you dont even want to entertain the possibility that 30+ teamkills a night isnt detrimental to the game and maybe try to come up with some reasonable solutions to remedy it and try to problem solve and instead just laugh it off and insult people.

Swill likes this.
  7. Swill

Swill Killjoy

This is what someone does when they know everyone else is right but that person doesn't want to admit it. So instead of acknowledging they're wrong or giving some kind of legitimate counter argument, they just name call and throw out a bunch of rhetoric.

It's a classic deflection technique.

8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I dont have a problem with mines used strategically. I think they add alot of tactical gameplay to the game. The problem with Pigs mines are that they are usually in the absolute most random spots and I am willing to bet atleast 1/3 of the time they are not called out. Also just because people call their mines out doesnt mean everyone is gonna remember it. Sometimes people are in firefights or have tunnel vision and forget, it has happened to me before.

For example, last night Pig loaded the entire fishhook hostage/boathouse area up with mines and killed evo and myself numerous times. Even if he calls them out and we manage to remember it, its a terrible spot to put mines because the seals are just gonna run the vips over them easy peezy. Those mines are not tactically placed and the chances of you killing a teammate over a seal is much higher.

I personally only use mines occasionally and only in tactical spots and I make sure to call them. If someone walks over them multiple times in a row, I put them away. I remember killing Blonde two rounds in a row a few months ago with them and feeling like shit so I put them away. The easy solution is not to ban mines, its to make Pig play on seals more. I would love to see him pull off some Claymore kills anyways.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  9. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

No, it's cool... I can see now this has been the goal of a few here and now it's crystal clear with the whole set. I can just leave. If I'm ruining everyone's game then I should just leave. I have no issues in pubby rooms, which is very telling. So you get what you want Swill... Another TRS og gone.

You should be so proud.

10. MACK IS GOD

Jesus Christ. Literally paranoia, the post.

Rather than have an adult discussion about maybe using mines on Breach maps and not using them on wide open demo maps like Nightstalker or giant Suppression maps like Shadow Falls when its 3am and there are 6 people playing on the map, yea just just go with the whole "Im the victim you guys are all out to get me" routine.

Yea Pig, we're all out to get you. Thats it.

I wonder if ANYONE else had 30+ teamkills in a night if they would be getting the kid glove treatment like you have been. Literally bending over backwards to try and work shit out but you want to take your ball and go home. Then blame everyone else.

And do you think if you had 30+ teamkills in a public room they would treat you better than we have? Lmao.

Swill and eVo7 like this.
  11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I have to agree with the point that others have made that you're making very little effort to be understanding of the other member's criticisms. 30+ teamkills in one night because of a singular tactic is quite a few. No one's trying to run you off but can you not see how a pattern that consistent is excessive? I think Swill and Mack have been pretty civil with you thus far so I don't see why you would jump to this conclusion. Can you guys not find a middle ground here?

Swill, MACK IS GOD and eVo7 like this.
  12. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

Im just gonna point this out. Bullski left mid community night because he was tired of being TK'd by Pigs mines.

My stance is that i dont care either way. I do like to have the whole group in one channel so we can all chat however.

Swill likes this.
  13. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Pig, don't play the victim card. No one wants you to leave or stop playing with us, least of all me. All we're asking you to do is tone it down with the mines. Why is that so much to ask of you? You don't get to play victim when you could easily just alter how you play and solve the problem.

MACK IS GOD and eVo7 like this.
  14. MACK IS GOD

I dont want this to turn into a dogpile, but yes, this is an example of how its an issue. What is making it more of an issue is the whole "Fuck you I'll play how I want" attitude. And then claiming victim status afterwards.

How much shit do I give you when you bust out an M79 in the 1st round of games?

We give everybody shit when its called for. Nobody is immune from that.

And if I was doing something that became an issue that affected the game for everybody else playing, I would try to remedy the situation. Socom is about THE TEAM. Its not "Fuck you I'll play how I want even if it hurts my teams chances of winning". So when a legitimate point is brought up about massive amounts of teamkills that effect that teams chance of winning AND the overall enjoyment of the people playing, I would hope a SOCOM player would try to work it out and come up with some solutions. Not hurl insults and tell people to fuck off.

But what do I know?.....

Swill and eVo7 like this.
  15. eVo7

What's an M79?????

[​IMG]

Swill likes this.
  16. MACK IS GOD

M79.jpg

This looks like it would be relatively easy to make at home. Just need a metal tube to fit the grenade size and wood stock. The only tricky part would be the trigger mechanism.

Maybe @S_L_I_C_K , @Buchanans could provide some info on this?

eVo7 likes this.
  17. eVo7

Lmao.

This ones for @Swill.

[​IMG]

Swill likes this.
  18. MACK IS GOD

Holy shit!

And thats the only thing that could kill the T-1000! So just like you need an M79 to kill Drum in Socom, The T-100 needed an M79 to help him kill the T-1000!

Pure pottery.

eVo7 and Swill like this.
  19. Swill

Swill Killjoy

You mean for Drum? Lol. Actually, here's us playing against Drum:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MACK IS GOD, Animal-_- and eVo7 like this.
  20. eVo7

Exactly. Glad you caught the reference hahahaha