Friday Night Community Night - ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

But it didn't kill the T-1000, they had to melt the fucker down in molten steel in T2 and with acid in Genysis.
    [​IMG]

Swill and eVo7 like this.
  2. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

Us and Sarah Connor to Drum "What the fuck is it? What the fuck is going on?"

3. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

But he fucked him up with that M79, if it werent for that he wouldnt have fallen into the steel

4. Swill

Swill Killjoy

No matter how many times you shoot him, he just melds back together.

eVo7 likes this.
  5. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

What it looks like on my screen shooting Drum:

[​IMG]

MACK IS GOD and Swill like this.
  6. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

@WAR_PIG I'll back you up and say that I don't have a problem with your mines. If you play on terrorists you always have to watch for mines and that's how it has always been. Isn't this why we all still play socom? Don't we all love the strategy and the fact that you can't just run around like a man with his head cut off? I just don't see what the fuss is all about here, watch your step people, it's not that hard.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Well, then you should probably look a little harder. The problem is extremely obvious and has been brought up by multiple people in here.

8. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I don't have to agree with "multiple people" I'm a big boy and can formulate my own opinion thank you. I'm with Pig on this one and if we eliminate mines and start down that road then I'm done with community nights too.

9. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

There isn't a fuss... Only one by Swill who's pushed this narrative for awhile now and has gotten a few others on board. It's all good man, don't side with me or you may be the next singled out for pushing out.

10. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

It honestly doesnt bother me either way because ill be laughing regardless.

HOWEVER

I dont think we should ban mines and I can certainly understand why some people are frustrated. We should never have someone quitting the night because of them being team killed excessively.

And if you dont think that 30+ team kills is excessive in a night then idk what to tell you.

Swill likes this.
  11. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

If some truly feel like it's an issue then just play on the opposite team and we can all switch sides every 2 to 3 maps. I like playing with Pig so I don't mind playin on his side. Bullski already said it was cool and it was real late at night so I doubt he leaves if it's still early on. Lets see if 30+ a night continues before we make drastic changes here.

Drum likes this.
  12. Swill

Swill Killjoy

In the end, even if you like playing with 1000 mines laying all over the place and being TK'd relentlessly, that doesn't change the fact that it's just common sense and courtesy to change the way you're playing if the way you're playing is making the game unfun for people or causing your team to lose games. Dizee pointed it out as well: "If someone walks over them multiple times in a row, I put them away. I remember killing Blonde two rounds in a row a few months ago with them and feeling like shit so I put them away." Any normal person with any shred of common sense or awareness would do the same.

Pig is saying, "I don't care if the way I play makes the game unfun for others and causes my team to lose, I'm going to keep doing what I want anyways. Fuck everybody else." You'd have to be insane to not think that's incredibly selfish.

13. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

eVo7 likes this.
  14. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I know, I know. I said HELP kill him! That shot bought them some time to set up the final kill. But it not reallydead you know All they have to do is separate the metals and it will reanimate.

15. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

the 34 TKs has pushed the narrative, not swill IMO. i mean you have to agree whether or not you think its a high number or not. but i am with evo, i will play either way cause atleast we can have a good laugh out of most of them.

16. MACK IS GOD

Nobody wants to ban mines. And yes, mines are a part of the game that players need to be wary of. But when someone is so adamant about planting mines that mines must be planted regardless of the situation, like on a wide open map when literally everyone rushes to the middle of the map and as a result kills more of his teammates than enemies, or on a map at 3am when there are 6 people playing on Shadow Falls and causes half the team to quit because of teamkills, it becomes an issue.

It becomes even more of an issue when its brought up and the response is vulgarity, insults, paranoia, and threatening to stop playing rather than acknowledging the issue and discussing it like adults.

Just like when someone busts out an MGL and they are told to put it away because its fucking up the game, they usually put it away. They dont start cursing at the people asking them to put it away and telling the people they play with every week to go fuck themselves. Because somebody who acted like that could very easily be mistaken for an asshole who doesnt really give a shit about the guys hes playing with.

17. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

He's dead if his CPU is melted down though, no matter what you do to the metal.

18. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

This will be my last response on this subject...

I love how I am some how called out for my less than kind words towards Swill when each the highlighted things he's said towards me or whoever disagrees with him ever so subtle go unnoticed. He yet again is creating drama here... but really, everyone continue to kiss his ass and act as nothing is wrong and it's just me overreacting. LOL

Dizee, there was no issues before and not that many in a night. Part of it was created when you put up a ticker. Of course there were going to be more. If you build it, they will come. LOL And you can argue the numbers all you want but many of those were just suicides, or hostage kills by gun fire and/or bad nades... as were many of the tks last night. NOT all of those were pmns.

But here's the thing, I'm a grown ass man playing a video game that is 14 years old. You pick and choose your battles ... especially when you get to be my age. Swill knows where we stand now. It's all good. I'm not going anywhere. There has been nights where I have put away the pmns just like you do. On CA matter of fact last week.

The bottom line for me is this, I could make the same argument that you guys are making the game "not" fun for me as I like to have only my team to talk to, TO USE TACTICS like the game was built around and not have 16 ppl randomly talking about bull shit. We can do that in the lobby. That's not fun for me but you know what??? I'm not a selfish prick like Swill is trying to make me out to be and demanding we all play a certain way.

This will be my last response to this subject. PM if you have more to state please.

19. MACK IS GOD

His CPU IS that metal though, isnt it? Otherwise he wouldnt be able to morph completely because there would always be that one piece of hard metal that couldnt liquefy.

20. Swill

Swill Killjoy

So, in other words:

"I don't care if the way I play makes the game unfun for everyone else and causes my team to lose games, I'm going to continue doing what I want anyways so fuck you guys."

So, pretty much what I already said earlier. We get it, Pig. Carry on.