"GameBattles, Clan Ladders, Tournaments Oh My!" Thread

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by SkiMask, May 22, 2017.

?

Would you participate in SOCOM league?

1. Yes

42.1%
  2. No

57.9%
  1. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Strafe Artist

On another note because this conversation is dead and we're talking in circles how about we find people or ways to reach old clans and their members to tell them about the amount of people we have actively getting on XLink and playing Socom?

I literally see that ae69(Anarchy 69) is still around on clash of clans simply by searching their name and I see certain members in it that were around on Socom, I just don't know how to reach them or contact them. If anybody knows the people over at ugent fury im sure there are some old clan members with their contact info of some kind still there...we need to reach out to the old members and see if we can get more people online....that should be the goal right now

WAR_PIG likes this.
  2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Yeah, might be good for people who have gotten their points across multiple times to focus their energy on something else.

3. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Strafe Artist

are you implying that I'm talking in circles?

4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

No, just using your comment as segue way.

K_M_A_R_T likes this.
  5. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

I have been working on this and knew a lot of clans over at UF. I got three ppl to join xlink so far from UF.

K_M_A_R_T likes this.
  6. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Strafe Artist

Thats really good and that's what we need more of. More people reaching out to people and clans who used to play Socom and tell them how many active players we have logging online and greening up. 2 of peoples biggest complaints about XLink is setting it up and about how there is nobody ever on...we've circumvented both of those problems and are building towards something beautiful lets just make efforts towards locating the people and get them on TRS so we can help in getting them back on Socom

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. xSneak

xSneak Chopsticks

Who in their right mind is going to do some gamebattles type of website for a xlink ps2 game? lol

The only realistic way of getting a socom style game in my eyes is for the multiplayer section of the new ghost recon to become popular. The chances of the happening are increasingly diminishing though.

WAR_PIG and SkiMask like this.
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I understand the thought process behind what you say. Sort of agree even. Although, if them XLink regulars want to play in some organized fashion for funzies I really couldn't care much about it. I think it's awesome someone decided to build a website for them. Just like I hate using a chalkboard while playing darts, I hate making brackets on graph paper. I'll sign up at some point to see how it all works. No big deal. Not like cheaters didn't exist back then, now and in the future. If I was remotely worried about that, I WOULDN'T EVEN PLAY. Because I REALLY don't take my KD that serious, as you all know. Nobody puts up more doughnuts than I.

Quick question xSneak, you sign up to test Task Force yet? I couldn't think of a more objective person than yourself to help bug hunt and assist with the pre-production of the thing. They'd BE FOOLISH NOT to have someone of your caliber keeping it absolutely fucking REAL. If THEY had ANY interest in finding "Damn Good Testers" they should consider someone who not only did it, but was quite good at finding the exploits.

Oh yeah, I've been wanting to hear your band for quite some time now. Making a dedication to YOU. Maybe you'll lemme hear them sometime?

9. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

I am really excited for this game also and really looking forward to the Clan side of it.. Rumor has it that it will set this game apart from anything else out.

10. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Why can't we just have fun on a game we all loved to play that brought us all here to begin with. And imo who gives a rat's ass if Xlink doesn't prevent the turds from cheating, like that stopped them when the Sony servers were up.

And those who refuse to play Xlink because it lags, or cheaters or it's too hard to set up must have some really bad amnesia going on.. Nothing about Socom has ever been easy, it's always been fucked up one way or another.

And yeah it's gone in many ways, but it's still kicking to those who play Xlink.

11. K_M_A_R_T

K_M_A_R_T Strafe Artist

Those people you say must have amnesia don't though, Socom was fucked up and has always taken work but the difference between then and now is there are other options. Back then Socom was the is all end all and today it is virtually unknown by the vast majority of gamers so simple things like cheaters and heavy lag is going to deter them more then it would in the past. Why wouldn't I just pop in a game this age that has less cheating per player base going on and doesn't take as many hoops to jump through? See...so yes we need to make it more accessible.

We are probably the most active users on XLink as far as a community goes so finding ways to implement anti-cheat systems into something we still actively use is something we should be looking into to see if it's possible. We want XLink to grow even more? We have to circumvent obstacles that we can control and that might start with TRS lobbies with passwords we as a the community know so when we log on and get enough people for a game we don't even have to think about cheaters stopping us from enjoying the game.

12. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

If I found a shitty room on S2 when servers were live, I would go hop in another lobby and another room. I had plenty of options to choose from seeing as there were thousands of people on. If I find a shitty room on xlink, I either put up with the BS or dont play. There is no other option. I am choosing not to play pretty much at all anymore because of this. If you want more people to play on xlink, tell the community to stop endorsing the wallsliding. Vote out anyone you see do it. Create a community on xlink where wallsliders are just as frowned upon as code9ers instead of letting them use their lame ass "everyone does it" excuse.

I could go around using my patched PS2 save to boot all the rooms on xlink and then use some lame ass excuse
    like "well everyone could have gotten the patch!" but I dont.

13. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Multi-player hasn't been released yet for the new Ghost Recon?? right. I used to be a big Ghost Recon Fan and this was my 3rd person shooter fix back in the day when Socom Con was delayed a year.

I checked out Xlink the last time I was on and the PS3 version of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was available to play. That was last Ghost Recon game that was worth a shit.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  14. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

So far, the DLC for Wildguys has done jack fuck to lure me back into playing. They've either got wacky car hijinks, for which I have GTA V, or running around solo without a squad, which is what I did for a couple hundred hours in MGSV. Their DLC model thus far has not capitalized on anything that makes Wildlands stand out, which I understand is hard because that list is pretty short, but fuck, they gotta at least try. My hopes for PvP are diminishing.

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  15. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

That's why I didn't buy GRW because Multi-player was left out.. UBI straight up pulled a SOCOM 4 on Ghost Recon fans.. And those little Final Fantasy gamers that jumped on the open world side of the game don't care about Multi-player which is a core staple of the game. The game is a remake of Far Cry 3rd person, just as Socom 4 was a remake of MAG 3rd person.

xCaZx- and MR.BLONDE like this.
  16. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Seems like the soup du'jour these days. MGS went sandbox, Ghost Recon did too, a shitton of old IPs are doing it to try and fish for new fans, but making a sandbox feel necessary is extremely difficult. Trying to lump in basic tacshooter elements doesn't help. If they had spent some time adding to the functionality of the squad command menu, instead of giving us fifty medals with coca plants on them (hey, that's kinda cool) maybe it'd be more fun. If I could just tell my squad to either fire at will or hold fire, instead of arbitrarily tell them to open fire for a random amount of time, maybe it'd be more fun. If I could split them up instead of ordering all three of them to huddle behind a rock while I sneak around a base, maybe it'd be more fun.

17. xSneak

xSneak Chopsticks

1. I have pubg, rising storm 2, h1z1, and squad to play for shooting games; I have no desire to be an alpha tester for what I've seen on twitch of "Task force"
    2. Redline would never let me be a tester. This guy has personally kicked and banned from his mod servers 3 separate times and reported me to steam mods for complaining about it on the resurgence steam page.

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Sounds like a great way to try anew if they approached you. I would think it could offer some cred and goodwill.

But if you didn't or wouldn't say yes than I guess no real reason to ponder.

And they'd have to NDA the shit outta ya though. Keep you in the basement or something just like Redline.

19. o3Celerity

o3Celerity Quickscoper

To be honest before posting this I read very little comments on this thread, this is just my side of things:

I started making a website for the SOCOM community, a website that would have news about new SOCOM projects and guides to login to your favorite SOCOM games still.

Also a ladder, the ladder was to put more interest to people playing those games and a reason for them to login more, fast forward to this day, another dude comes in and buys some plugin from an ELITE LADDERs website that cost him several hundred dollars to setup, he then went and bought amazon gift cards to hold tournaments on this ladder site to attract attention to it. not to mention it looks very similar to the old ladders people used to use.

From my perspective after putting hundreds of hours into the site I am custom building it just seemed like a slap in the face, when some dude comes along and puts up the same thing someone else had already built for him. No effort what so ever. At this point I am still going through with making the SOCOM Rivals website seeing as everything I am doing is custom work, I can use it to make a site for more than just SOCOM in the future.

20. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Now you know how we felt in the past on multiple occasions.

dizee likes this.
  21. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

off topic....is that the same dizee who was a huge s1 cheater?

on topic...I play on one of these sites. dubs is usually happening and singles matches have been fun. Its fun to play the game competitively. its not going for some trophy or whatever its just for some bragging rights between people who do like playing this DEAD GAME.

as far as growing the community, theres plenty of people out there trying to do that every week. doing more then just chatting about it on the internet. maybe itll mean something...but it probably wont...in any case let people play how they want.

As far as sites go.....i dont care as long as theres people on there. 2..5...10....1000 whatever