"GameBattles, Clan Ladders, Tournaments Oh My!" Thread

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by SkiMask, May 22, 2017.

?

Would you participate in SOCOM league?

1. Yes

42.1%
  2. No

57.9%
  1. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

not really anymore. most of the people who cheated would use alternate name anyways. acidbomb never hid shit either, he gave 0 shits like i did.

2. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

I recognize that name. Checked my image archives and found an old leaderboard shot: http://i.imgur.com/57Gpn1s.jpg

3. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

lol thats funny. i remember vividly in one clan war on abandoned as seals. after watching the other team rush the left tunnel/ramp over and over, acidbomb and i grenaded that tunnel for the entire 5 or 6 minute round.

other team didnt say a word.

4. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Business as usual amirite?

5. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

I miss the unknown aspect of the code scene. Constant rumors of new codes that blew away the current ones. I remember during the early days when infinite health was rare, and when there were rumors of a code that could flood your screen with votes.

6. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

Didn't that become a thing though at least in s2? I swear idot had it in a video and I think you did too.

EDIT

Nevermind, I found the video and it was robby

7. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Yea, uni-terror made the original vote flood. I remade it in s2 for the robby video.

8. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

one of my favorite codes was the one that let you hear the other team mic and talk to them instead. funny as shit to listen to the other team when a cheater skywalking across the map happens.

9. ninjawarrior-56

ninjawarrior-56 Green Up

I was hoping to open up a new thread but since I'm new I need 20 posts so I'll reply here.

I run Socom Online the ladder site mentioned. While many people do know who I am there are several people on the non ladder community who still don't know me or my mission. First I want to say I've been around xlink for a couple of years not entirely active but I've come and gone. I started xlink in 2013 back when you couldn't fill a full room. I'm a younger guy who bought into SOCOM as a kid playing my PSP (FTB2 FTW!!). After the servers shut down was the first time I played S2. I'm more of a behind the scenes guy and try to maintain a low profile.

I'm not here to start an argument or a heated discussion I just want to run through how Socom Online came about. A few months ago I returned and saw the community had grown since the last time I had booted S2. I was excited that I could finally get back to enjoying my favorite game franchise. I was a member of a few FB groups but wasn't active in them so I had no idea of Celerity's efforts at the time. A few guys at the time in the chat where wishing for a ladder. I offered my script which wasn't active to fill this void. The guys then told me about Celerity's efforts, so I visited the website and loved the bootstrap coding. I found Celerity on FB and messaged him to ask if I could help in anyway. Celerity respectfully declined my help because he was close to completion. I understood. I informed the same guys of what was going on and they asked me to launch my own site because they felt it was taking too long and felt I could get a working version up quicker.

So I did, I launched Socom Online using Elite Ladders. I enjoy the script as in the past I have put a ton of time into developing addons. It was a script I knew like the back of my hand. Yes it was pre built but it allowed me to focus less time on the basics and more on cool features.

There was bad blood between Celerity, Ali, and myself and things got out of hand. I do apologize for my doing in that. I respect Celerity's frustration with me, but I can only hope time will heal that. My goal and missions from the very start was to bring the community together and I'm still working on that goal. I get some users will not use the ladder and that's for them to decide, but the way I look at my site is a tool. It is there for the taking and will apply to some users more than others.

Given the opportunity I would love to work with Celerity and anyone else to accomplish the goal he set forth in a previous thread of growing the community.

10. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Welcome to the site ninja. Glad to have you here.

I'll be honest with you: Most of us here aren't interested in ladders. We just want to play casually with other SOCOM fans and shoot the shit a couple of times a week. Obviously, not EVERYONE feels that way, but I'd say the majority here do.

X-Link SOCOM has too many people trying to be "the one" to unite the community, so as a consequence, there's too many projects pulling too many people into too many different directions, which ironically just divides the community even more. We just don't want to be a part of the mess.

However, you're more than welcome to come join us on Wednesday nights or Friday nights for SOCOM. We play at 11pm EST. We also have a Discord channel so we can all chat and have fun. If you'd like to play and if you'd like to join the Discord channel with us, just shoot @Animal-_- a message and let him know.

11. ninjawarrior-56

ninjawarrior-56 Green Up

I appreciate it, I was hesitant to join TRS because it's a lot of people who I see as traditionalists but I also wanted to clear the air on what it is that I do. I try to keep my offerings to xlink. Thanks for the warm welcome!

12. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

No reason to be hesitant at all. The public X-Link community at large doesn't like us because we don't like wall-sliding and we're very opinionated, so I'd take anything you hear about this place with a big grain of salt. As you can see, as long as people are respectful and can handle opinions they don't like, they're welcomed here and treated just fine.

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]
    So does this mean Tawok is gonna host Friday's games for TRS on Twitch or...