Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta sign-up

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Smokey_Run, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

What's an ass character??
    Is that like a grown ass man??
    Too many asses for me

2. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

That's a bad sign if the division is better
    I did not care much for the division
    Would you say it's like mercenaries or a military based gta type??

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That OTS view and even when selecting it as a default is super odd when it decides what shoulder to use. Can't really figure it out. Gonna stream it for awhile to figure out how that works, but I do think some of it is fun, if arcadey. Coop will be fun with the serious, jokiness you decide to take with it. I hope there is good replay value and the TP POV is fixed and tweaked. Vehicle controls funny and it did have that Far Cry element to the location and stuff. Kinda lackluster in them worlds too.

4. hand-o_death547

hand-o_death547 Foxhunt

Sorry for the late reply but I did end up getting an invite Saturday morning. Overall it's pretty much what I expected, a decent co op shooter. Nothing revolutionary but not too bad either. Solo is pretty meh though so I doubt I'll do much of that. But a fun game with friends with great customization. I'll probably do the same thing I did with Division and Siege, rent it from Gamefly for a bit then buy it for 30 bucks.

EDIT: Oh and one issue I had was with shoulder switching, I couldn't find a dedicated button to do it while aiming to I had to either hold triangle to put my guns away or run to the right in cover. That is something that needs to be fixed at some point because it got kind of annoying. Or maybe I'm just stupid and couldn't find it haha.

5. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

It depends on why you didn't like the Division and when you last played it. It's significantly better than it was before, but if you don't like RPG mechanics you're going to hate anything like Division.

Wildlands isn't anything like an RPG aside from customization and skills (nothing crazy so far, standard military shit) Co-op is the main focus of Wildlands and honestly don't know if they plan to have any PvP at all, i heard yes, i heard no. But after dicking with the co-op it's a fun casual shooter with a friend, but how long is it going to last? Idk... not long if all it is, is co-op missions.

It's more like mercenaries. For example, if you jump out of a car going 90mph... you simply do a roll and walk away fine. BUT, this does lend to some really fucking cool moves like hopping out of a helicopter onto a roof, rolling on the ground and shotgunning the AI in the face and immediately hopping into the target vehicle and extracting.

It's that kind of game, think more along the lines of Just Cause meets Farcry with a dash of Metal Gear V. That was my takeaway. A fun game, but a casual one, with some optimization issues, shitty vehicle controls and the dire need for PvP and perhaps a survival based mode as DLC in 4-6 months. (Seriously, there is a KILLER survival PvP game here if the devs used the absolutely fucking MASSIVE map with a few hundred other knuckleheads running around.)

I was getting some Socom Combined Assault vibes though... towards the end of the beta last night i was feeling it when i switched the first person mode to a more zoomed in third person mode, THEN first person after tapping another key, it works MUCH better. We beat the beta and it was certainly a good time. But i can't see why the fuck no details on PvP exist yet...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Ditch likes this.
  6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Ya know though, as whatever as it was, I still enjoyed firing it up and messing around with it. I could've logged another 20 hours in it, personally. As far as it being some canonical version of some mythical Ghost status, really don't matter to me. I enjoy them all for what they are and am actually thankful not to have some Future Soldier shit with the circle framework lines around every goddamned thing.

Mostly happy because I don't have much interest playing what everyone else is right now and this was fun to play albeit arcade-y as fuck. Day 1? Still on the fence. Depends if some of my closest pick it up too. Have been missing out a lot of game time with old friends due to GTAO. This might pull some of them outta there for a bit...

Notables for me:
    I didn't like that I could only mark 1 person when I have 3 shooters.
    View wasn't the worst, but could have been SO much better.
    Felt a little too much like Just Cause (I love Just Cause though)
    Co-op will be just fine
    PvP isn't guaranteed as its not on the box. They have no legal imperative to provide MP, I don't think.
    I liked the HUD custom stuff, but I hated having to remove an entire thing just to rid the "join group" message
    The prone, crouch, stand, walk, run pressure needs to be tweaked MAJOR
    Camera angle needs another tick out to provide centering to compliment OTS and FPV
    Open world seemed lifeless (they always do)
    Some serious bugs (no crosshairs)
    Content might be old once completed despite there being multiple ways to complete.

7. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

The biggest complaint I had was the beta codes not working correctly. I sent a code to one of my friends (who had signed up on his own way back when they started) and he never got it, so I sent it again and still nothing, then I sent one to another friend and she didn't get it either. next day I somehow had 3 codes to send again, sent another one to the same guy and then sent him another one to his other psn. 8 hours later he got it, sent one to my other friend again and she got it right away, both of them clicked the link in the e-mail at about the same time, he got a code the next day and she never got one. They really need to work on that shit for the next time, and they need to tighten up their fucking maze of a website.

hand-o_death547 and SkiMask like this.
  8. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I find that i miss it, i was hitting my stride when the beta ended, so being that the map is ridiculously big i'm pretty sure there is value there. I do love co-op, in fact i find i prefer it these days. I'll be picking it up and doing a full review, i just hope the season pass is amazing.

9. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

game was about as bland as it gets

SkiMask likes this.
  10. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

11. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

The Division added an 8v8 and nobody here said a word. And nobody in The Division's scene give a shit about it. My hopes are low for this one. Everything I've seen/heard it looks like a warmer, more open world Division.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

[​IMG]

12. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

theres 8v8 in the division? dafuck?

SkiMask likes this.
  13. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I don't know if it's 8v8, but there is something new in the new area they're adding to the Dark Zone that I believe caters to this new mode.

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Best bud said to me when asked if Ghost Recon Wildlands was Day 1 for him was something along the lines of he still hadn't gotten over being fucked and going all in with the Division. TBH, I never even dabbled with it and that's extremely unusual for me.

Why?

Think it's that mid 30's, having trouble liking shit, off my lawn kind of stuff. OR maybe the fact I wasn't willing to do another White/Blue/Green/Legendary looter/shooter DPS grind fest games where I am so OCD, I never find my way out the menus comparing my "gear" and wanting more "slots" for my useless shit I hoard despite it being full retard.

And buddy while somewhat the same type, always pushing me to "hurry the fuck up" because he spent like 3 hours in the menus before I logged on doesn't help. Or that he grasped the fact early in life you never get attached to loot in them things and sell everything for the things you really want. In his case--Shotguns. I never managed to figure that out. Ever.

So yeah, 8v8s? As big a proponent of larger counts in MP tactical shooters overall, I never even fucked with the Division to even give a shit about their team counts or game modes. Bummer if it didn't take off as that would suggest people are fine with 5v5s and smaller counts. And frankly that's fucking sad to me.

More "connected" we get, the less we actually talk and play together? Social media culture we're in now I guess...

S_L_I_C_K likes this.
  15. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

Well I heard about it a while ago, and apparently it's not in game yet. It's coming with The Last Stand DLC. Apparently it's coming real soon.
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/the-division-last-stand-expansion-release-details/
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/divisi...e-date-nears-pts4-patch-notes-roll-out-583261

I'll always have The Division, I couldn't return it since I always give a game way too much of a chance to impress me before putting it down. I'll probably try this out, but the way cover works in The Division and my hunch that this will be gear-driven doesn't have my hopes high. I mean shit, I might as well try it since I've effectively paid for the shit already...

I feel your buddy's pain. I just got over the pain of The Division. It was the last $60 title I bought before RE7, and the last season pass I bought. Which shows you how retarded I am because I should've learned my lesson with the pathetic Fallout 4 Season Pass.

Resident Evil and SOCOM is all I need.

SkiMask likes this.
  16. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Division got a bunch of you fuckers with the season pass, huh? I loved the game with another friend, we're big in the looter shooter stuff and he was my right hand man in Destiny, neither of us got the season pass, but everyone around us was getting it. Never really understood it. I typically avoid season passes now.

SkiMask likes this.
  17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I'm a season pass moron who just realized that it's now the new grift.

If I could even get $5 back, I would trade in my BF1 Premium in a nano. I'M THE FUCKING IDIOT. The very definition.

Cause right now, I could go a whole another year without so much as a fart in a tank smelling like "Hot Dinners Son".

18. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I still think Battlefield is one of the better ones if you actually continue to play the game for an entire year.

19. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It appears this will have an open beta according to the investor call they had today.

Queue the jokes about it entering open beta on March 7th (it's release date).

SkiMask and hand-o_death547 like this.
  20. hand-o_death547

hand-o_death547 Foxhunt

Yeah I heard they are having a beta soon. Probably right before it comes out like they did with For Honor.