Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta sign-up

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Smokey_Run, Dec 7, 2016.

1. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Once you finish the Co-op / single player side of this game there is nothing else to do with it. Multi-player gaming is not an option with this game, so I will not be buying it for 60 dollars. There is talks I guess that it will eventually have a Multi-player mode but too little too late and just like Socom 4, Ubi sold out and went open world bullshit to make a quick dollar off of the GR name.

2. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

If I'm not mistaken, datamining and Ubi PR have both revealed that PvP is all but confirmed for DLC after release. Obviously, not ideal, but I'n confident that multiplayer will happen. No commenton its quality, though.

3. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I bet it's survival based like H1Z1 and stuff. The Division put out the mode as their second major DLC and it more or less saved that game. I expect them to do the same with Wildlands.

4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

If it's waves of bullshit, no thanks. To think it will be some one life, round based game is lunacy at this point. We all WANT a SOCOM'esc MP, but I think we are all pretty grounded in reality at this point and won't have our hopes tied to it. With that being said, there was still a lot to do in the single player side, so I might still get it, but after logging in an additional 6 hours on my own I was a bit disappointed with the rinse and repeat of it.

And yes, the game did try VERY HARD to fuck itself over on EVERY occasion. Silencers anyone?

The little things did stand out like hearing two guys banter when me and Blonde were playing and I was a female. Facepalm. And then to hear banter on player one with two, but not the other? There were so many of these instances they are hard to list out unless you made a list.

Still fun to be had though.

5. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

round based MP or a open world looter like dayz with free for all pvp is the only way id buy this game. sick of respawn MPs and battle royale type games like h1z1.

6. MR.BLONDE

The type of PvP they introduce is key. If they do a Battle Royale kind of thing, which I doubt, but if they do, it'll get shafted by the somewhat clunky aiming and the EXTREMELY clunky driving. If they do respawn, yawn, it'll be short-lived. Open world survival would make some sense considering the game's structure already, at least. Could be good. The most likely thing besides Round-Based MP is having regions dedicated to PvP much like the Darkzones in The Division. I noticed some named regions in the map during the beta that have no bosses associated with them. Perhaps those will be the Darkzones? I almost hope this isn't the case though, because the open beta added in the Montuyoc region, which had some actually interesting locations in it.

I encountered a training camp or two that reminded me of MGS4 as well as the prison from CA, with all the netting and obstacles in the main yard. There's also an abandoned mineshaft that was pretty cool, reminded me of the end of the XOF base in MGSV.

7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

The driving physics are laughable. The cars are bad enough but I hopped on a MX bike and it was barely rideable. The flight handling isn't much better.

I thought the aiming was pretty good and the hit detection seemed to be accurate, although any PvP they might add later on will be a much better test of those because AI enemies don't exactly strafe to avoid fire like a human would.

The customization options are pretty deep both in the cosmetic and functional sense and it seems like there's a decent skill tree to work through that could make the missions more fun once you unlock more skills.

I probably won't buy it at launch but the co-op I played with Tawok last night was fun enough that if they provide a good amount of content this year I'd definitely grab it during a sale.

hand-o_death547 likes this.
  8. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Another game with so much potential
    And they're going to kill it by releasing it unfinished...
    smh. Just delay it 6 months and add pvp, you'd think they'd learn from past mistakes as simple as this
    My bro and some buddies already preordered it so I may get it day 1 to play with them
    Though I still feel on the fence with this game

9. neilp4453

neilp4453 Navy SEAL

Seems like a bad idea to incorporate MP later unless they really believe their single player is AAA quality.

Kind of a shame, Versus MP + TPS (albeit..most are OTS) are rare in the first place so I tend to always look for them.

10. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

Unpopular opinion: I had a lot of fun. AND I found it for $45.

1kiz45.jpg

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  11. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

12. Tawok

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Tawok likes this.
  14. MR.BLONDE

On an unrelated note, I broke my shoehorn trying to get a stubborn boot on yesterday. Could I borrow yours?

SkiMask and Tawok like this.
  15. Tawok

[​IMG]

16. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Get in where you fit in is all some of got nowadays. Always happy to lend my horn :)

17. Smokey_Run

Review embargo is up for anyone interested to see how it's scoring. Right now it's sitting in the low 80s on Metacritic and Opencritic.

18. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

PlayStation life review quote.
    "while not feeling the need to pander to the established fan base. "
    SMH. The established fan base.... deja vu to zipper anyone?

SkiMask likes this.
  19. Smokey_Run

You know this was the competing idea for SOCOM 4's singleplayer right?

20. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Yeah, what's up with these companies fucking the established fan base
    , without them they wouldn't be where they are..
    Seems like a foolish risk, as zipper could attest to. Being under orders by Sony,
    Some corporate robots calling the shots,. Never good