Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta sign-up

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Smokey_Run, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

How exactly are they fucking them? No MP could be argued, but most of those fucking people are long gone now.

2. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Basically, all these companies are willing to sell out their established fan base for the hopes being the next COD and selling 30 million copies.

3. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

EXACTLY WHAT ZIPPER DID ,a prime example of these companies ignoring their established fan base ,
    I just thought it was ironic how they put that jab in their review

xCaZx- likes this.
  4. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

I still lean toward it being a SONY decision. That said, it is also apparent that nobody at Zipper had any backbone.

5. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

I'll be the dissenting opinion.

I had a lot of fun in beta, and had a lot of fun last night. Can't wait to play more. Vehicles seem a bit more tuned but that might just be me telling myself that.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

They got $100 of my doll hairs too so I guess I might be part of the problem as well.

Game is fun.

Tawok likes this.
  7. Tawok

I dunno man, reviews are really starting to pan out to mostly positive. Ubisoft might have finally stepped in the right direction for the first time since Black Flag.

8. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It's a team effort. If they're overruled by most of the other team, that's it. Some of you act like people need to be Stone Cold Steve Austin and go in and give your boss a stunner and do what you want anyways. It doesn't work like that.

MR.BLONDE and SkiMask like this.
  9. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Ok..I didn't think it needed to be pointed out..but I guess I gotta simplify things.

My "nobody" comment was referring to the people who had some authority with the Studio. I am talking your Seth Luisi or someone else along those lines. I admit maybe the term "nobody" was a bit broad, but I thought most people here were smart enough to read between the lines.

I guess the point is that either no one realized they were making an epic mistake with the direction of S4...or no one (read: person with authority) had the balls to stand up to Sony. In all honesty, I get the impression that Seth Luisi had the backbone rigidity of a wet noodle so it really isn't surprising. Or hey..maybe they all thought they were creating the next COD that was going to drop 30 million units. If that is the case than their all bigger morons than I give them credit for.

I recently read a lengthy interview with some guys from Bioware who discussed how the studio was built, grew, ect, ect.

One key point they made was when they were acquired by a publisher (I think EA) there was push back from the publisher who thought they knew what was best for the new game in development. The people in charge at Bioware stuck to their guns and fought for what they knew was right for their game. The end result was the Mass Effect series. Who knows what lump of crap Mass Effect might have been had they not had the balls to stand up and fight for their vision for the game.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  10. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

And what if all of them were on board for what they ended up doing with SOCOM 4? Or what if it was 4v1 on things between the leads? Again, you can't be fucking Stone Cold Steve Austin when you're working on a project with over a hundred other people.

11. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

"Or hey..maybe they all thought they were creating the next COD that was going to drop 30 million units. If that is the case than their all bigger morons than I give them credit for. "

12. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

I'm not a ghost recon fan so wildlands is ok for me, but if I was a longtime fan I'd probably have iss

Good to hear, I plan to buy it soon
    I was just pointing out the review that blatantly said
    " not pandering to the established fan base"
    I'm not a gr fan so I don't know what I'm missing,
    but I could see the gr fan base being upset as we were with UNsocom 4
    and their " not pandering to the established fan base"
    that's all I was getting at, not trying to start an argument or critique the game,
    I've also been very very sleep deprived the last month being back in the oilfield,
    So sometimes my posts may not convey the point I'm trying to make, but it makes sense in my head, working nights with my family up here This go around, really screwing my sleep during the day.

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I can relate. Fuck if staying up till 3am on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday and working days lately doesn't mess with your head a bit. It's incredible even what missing a couple nights does to your body let alone your mind.

12 on 12 off for a year, 7 days a week did that to me as well. Days started melting together especially when I got off patrol at 6:30 AM ready to party. Kuwait and Iraq reached 130° by noon some months and AC got sparse there for a bit so yeah, sleep deprivation. Good times.

I also think every Ghost Recon fan knew/knows what they are getting and Ubi is doing Ubi as always. Game will sell.

Ditch likes this.
  14. Tawok

Think about the guys that do that shit every day and still keep a day job. Big ups to them, I have no idea how they don't go insane. Maybe insanity is their secret. I member when I wanted to be like that, work 45 hours a week and also stream at least 5 nights.
    [​IMG]

Wildlands is so damn fun. It's probably because I had no expectations of it. I didn't expect a return to form, or anything other than what was advertised. Which is good and bad, especially from our community. That break in series standards killed us. But for Ghost Recon, will it leave them stronger than ever? Yet to be seen. Maybe SOCOM4 was such a failure because it was executed so poorly, and because the multiplayer wasn't even competent. GRW has everything going for it if it can execute a solid multiplayer.

The biggest thing that's really killing me is the squad AI being GLARINGLY worse than enemy AI. I feel like 9 times out of 10, I'm basically "Metal Gearing" or "Payday 2ing" shit by myself. I feel like Venom sneaking in, marking enemies, and methodically taking them out. But I also feel like I'm playing single player Payday 2, where I'm doing 110% of the work while my teammates sit outside smoking.

Vehicles DO feel better, especially helicopters. No more forced wobble bullshit. And for the first time since Black Flag, I'm COMPELLED to just explore new areas, chase side missions, and just fuck around. And that feels real nice.

15. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

as of right now I am passing on this game. It was one of my most anticipated games for the past few years, but after playing the beta the second time I found myself quite bored. there just seemed like there should be more to it.

16. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Can someone who has it comment on the PVP? Is it in the game already or does it come out later? If it is in the game is it any good?

17. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

It comes out later in a free update.

18. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Is causes some insanity, I get some weird dreams and ideas, but when your sleep deprived they make sense, I've been doing a lot of 14 hour days and then 2 solid hours of sleep at a time. Can't fully sleep through the day for the last few weeks

SkiMask likes this.
  19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

It is not in the game yet. They announced it and we talked on it a bunch. Said it was coming soon in a patch for free.

Tawok hopes it's before summer or he gonna be pissed.
    Damn son you might as well do the DaVinci method while your going on full tilt.

20. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

Damn. I know there was some talk about the game mechanics having issues. However, I would consider picking this game up if it had PVP already included. I am not sure PVE/CO-OP is enough to keep me interested.

Still though...its not like I have many options for a 3rd person shooter at this point.