Ghost Recon's "Ghost War" PvP

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Eagle_F15, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

I think this is huge news... https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/news/152-301677-16/ghost-war-intel-drop-custom-games

Open beta across the board, pc, xbox and ps4 Sept 21st!

Custom lobbies, disable recon towers, disable adrenaline rush, disable supply crates and hopefully we can disable drones(crossing fingers). You can adjust round counts and times, 11/4 sound familiar?

Ghost War Intel Drop: Custom Games
    09/19/2017 12:00 PM

[​IMG]

During the Open Beta for Ghost War, the new PvP update for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, players will be able to set up and play custom matches with other players in their friends list, as an alternative to the traditional Quickplay mode.

Custom games follow the same format as Quickplay: you can play the same game mode in two teams of up to four players, but in custom games, players have access to an ample list of game settings that they can modify to their liking and try out variations of the default rules.

For example, you can:

• - Modify game length by altering round time and the number of rounds played, in the "Best of X” format.
    • - Access the whole Quickplay map roster, as well the entire range of weather presets – clear sky, overcast, rainy, stormy, foggy – which can be played at any starting hour. Note that time of day is not locked at the hour you choose, but instead gradually advances, starting from the selected hour.
    Combining these variables can lead to some interesting situations: players can, for instance, increase round times to favor even more methodical and positional play and experience the time of day transition (a round may start in the afternoon and end at night).

Additionally, custom lobbies allow you to experiment with core gameplay elements to alter your Ghost War experience significantly:

• - Play with Recon Tower parameters – In Ghost War, the Recon Tower gives you a tactical advantage over your enemies by allowing you to detect their last known position when activated. Changing its parameters allows you to decide when the Recon Tower comes into play during the game, or you can deactivate it completely.
    • - Change the Supply Crates’ functionality – By default, interacting with them restores Ammo and Health, but you can have them restore only Ammo or only Health, or deactivate them completely if you want to play the hardcore way.
    • - Change whether Adrenaline Rush is triggered or not – When ON, the last living member of a team receives some short-term bonuses (HP regen, faster revive, immunity to suppression) to give their team an extra chance, like a Last Man Standing bonus.
    • - Switch whether Friendly Fire is in effect or not.
    • - Realistic Magazine Reload – By default, this is set to OFF, but players wanting that extra sliver of realism can activate this option, which, on reload, has players lose any ammo remaining in the replaced magazine. This means that players need to be more careful when reloading, as their ammo pool is limited and Supply Crates are scarce and risky to loot.
    These options should enable players to better customize the level of realism and difficulty of their Ghost War experience.

On another topic, custom matches can be played in any team size, up to the four player per team Quickplay standard. While the optimal way to play Ghost War is 4v4, custom games will allow players to try out more compact formats (2v2, 3v3), settle the score on who’s the better player in 1v1, or see if players can beat the odds in asymmetrical matches (1v2, 1v3, 1v4).

Custom lobbies feature privacy settings. By default, lobbies are set to Open, so friends can easily join a player’s lobby. Alternatively, lobbies can be set to Private so you can settle that 1v1 challenge without being disturbed!

You can invite other players from all around the world from inside the custom lobby, and they can see and accept the invitation from wherever they are in the menus. A specific set of status messages are displayed inside the friends list, so players can see who’s in a custom match – so getting friends together in a custom lobby will be a quick and easy process.

While inside the custom lobby, players can swap between teams. If teams are full, you can still mark yourself and request to be swapped. A player from the opposing team can then also create a swap request, at which time the two will be swapped between teams.

Custom games also support joining on the fly, so if your group of friends is already playing a match, you can directly jump into the ongoing match and join them. Players jumping into an ongoing round will spectate and be able to help out their friends, spotting enemies and placing pings. Once the new round begins, they will be able to select a class, customize it, and play as usual.

The Open Beta for Ghost War will take place September 21–25 on all platforms (Playstation 4 system, Xbox One, and PC). For more on this event, go to the official Open Beta portal and be sure to visit our official forums to share your feedback, or join the Ghost War Open Beta discord channel to find other players to play with.

Also, make sure to share your Open Beta glorious moments with us by sharing them on Twitter using #GhostRecon or posting on the official forum's dedicated thread. The best streams or community creations will be highlighted on our official channels!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i saw a drone that was flying around spotting/marking/tagging people. that alone kills off any interest in the game.

the fact that its almost a year later and the MP is only going into "beta" should be a red flag to anyone who wants to play this. its likely going to be a larger xlink with the same people playing it over and over.

dtodt13, Eagle_F15 and oni64 like this.
  3. Eagle_F15

Yes, a deal breaker for me as well. Need that last feature to disable. Crossing fingers! Waiting on them game modes as well.

4. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

I'm going to try the beta since it is free but....

- still not a fan of the spotting system. Watched gameplay and there was a map the size of frostfire with orange e-tags floating around LOL

- apparently sniper rifles can penetrate any surface including thick building walls. Realistic to an extent stupid as fuck gameplay wise but I'll abuse it with the spotting system happily

- classes look dumb asf. Nothing like calling in airstrikes on your 4v4 shooter!

- custom lobbies has clan war potential problem is all of the above

SkiMask and Eagle_F15 like this.
  5. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

TBH i don't see how this game sould work in PvP. I see everyone using either an LMG or sniper rifle. LMGs have no real drawback with the magazine size to out perform an AR.

I'd really like a video review if anyone runs across one. Link it later?

that would assume you could see through wall for that kill though :/

6. PRE_-CISION-_

I don't see why you'd have a problem when there's a bright orange marker saying please shoot me floating around

dtodt13 likes this.
  7. Eagle_F15

100% behind you on this brotha! I am drilling there forums and crossing my fingers!

I really like the classes, cant win them all when it comes to other games outside Socom and what they offer, but game play, they have added some really sweet options and now just need them final ones!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  8. PRE_-CISION-_

I don't like how the classes seem to be gated off to specific weapons. They all have tolerable skills minus the air strike guy. It could work, rainbow six proved that. Just gotta get some gameplay in tomorrow

9. Eagle_F15

Played a couple quick rounds. Played with regular settings and it is exactly the way we expected it to be, cheesy :( Need to disable that crap.
    [​IMG]

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  10. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

0 faith in Ghost Recon PvP since Ghost Recon 2. I actually enjoy this game being 4 player coop only.

Im also very old school when it comes to Clancy games. Ive been into GR, Rainbow, and Splinter Cell since day one.

SkiMask likes this.
  11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Put it this way, I'm not trying to temper my response or anything, but I'm so un-hyped for this now that I preloaded it yesterday and 10 min before the gates opened this morning, I just said "fuck it" and hit the rack.

I know enough of myself to know that's a subconscious response to being burned by their IP and another indicator of many (for me) how it was bungled from the get go. IF it weren't an afterthought or cobbled together last minute, I would've played that shit till 3:30am and would be running on an hour and half of sleep right now.

Only my "precious" and a select few have had that effect on me. If it don't, then I'm trying to listen to that and not trying to shoehorn something close, but far from what I want anymore.

I do see the "rising tide lifts all ships" effect this might have on the greater whole for TPS so that's one upside I'm trying not to ignore and am willing to share in that hype if even applying the "fake it till I make it" for a few days for the greater good (provided it isn't complete trash (drones and spotting)).

Who else gonna try it?
    fuck. me.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  12. sars

sars Demolition Junkie

I played one game before work and it seems alright. I wish they had 2 zooms like future soldier, an extra zoom for 3rd person and then one for your scope. The 3rd person camera looks a little out of wack. The drones don't really bother me, I just won't use them but I will shoot them down, atleast you don't have a drone that shoots Granada like future soldier. No time limit is pretty stupid, I can see rounds lasting forever.

Overall in a world where tacticle third person shooters don't exsist I'll probably buy it and play a lot when it releases. Future soldier had its problems but if you looked past that, it was a solid game

SkiMask likes this.
  13. PRE_-CISION-_

Going to fire up a few rounds after the Rams game tonight

14. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

Eugh... okay. You know what? I'm going to stream this game. Anyone wants to play with me, my PSN ID is MR-BLONDE-IGR. Let's see if it was worth the wait.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  15. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

Why do Tom Clancy games do this to me? I like the idea of a magpool instead of a magical reserve ammo fountain where your soldier expertly refills his magazines in combat. I really do, obviously, it's one of my favorite features in that one game we all like. But every time TC games do this, they make it so that your soldier just tosses away a mag with 24 bullets in it. Put it back in your pouch, motherfucker! You might need it in a pinch! I get that cycling through 3 mags with less than 5 bullets each in them could be annoying, but LOSING all those bullets is even more so. Battlefield does this too, and I hate it.

EDIT: This sounds easier to implement than it probably is, but how about this? Tap the reload button to switch mags and save the partially expended magazine for later. HOLD reload, and toss away your useless mag with 1 round left in it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    RaidenXS, SkiMask and Eagle_F15 like this.
  16. Eagle_F15

Niners Nation!!!!

17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Unless you get a full 8 I don't think it auto fills in the "custom games" portion, does it? Otherwise I didn't make it but 5 minutes total. Including 3 1/2 in the menus setting it up to mirror what I had in March. Oh yeah, same shit.

I liked dying quickly when i was supposed to but the drones and towers and...

We can still just "play it" whenever its patched in, right? So no need to level up in something I will already have needlessly already in whenever the heck it drops or is this some add on nonsense?

18. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

Game has so much potential..
    why the fuck do they force stupid shit in it!!!????
    Being suppressed, your damned screen blurs!!!
    I hope they give us the option to turn off all the tagging and drones and suppression bullshit garbage.
    I just want to play the game with guns and grenades, is that too much to ask??

I've been shot at before by a rifle,
    And been in many heated paintball gunfights, my vision never blurred,

Eagle_F15 and SkiMask like this.
  19. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

dont you know? in 2017 your online game has to have a gameplay mechanic/gimmick crutch to give the casuals, women and little kids a fair shot. pandering to them is essential in any AAA game.

watched 20-30 mins of various folks streaming it tonight. definitely a pass from me. maybe it can scratch the itch of tps tactical shooter for some ps4 people but this pvp mode is pretty much gonna be DOA.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  20. sars

sars Demolition Junkie

I played for like 4 hours tonight, pretty bad ass. Definently need a search engine for custom lobbies. By far the best third person tactile shooter out right now. Most people that play are pretty garbage though, and don't know how to use there class right.

SkiMask likes this.