H-Hour - One More Time

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by MR.BLUE, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

I need a salt-o-meter for my stream.

Tawok's Happy<---->9 Nades<----->M60E3<----->IW-80<------>M203's<------>Rage Quit

MR.BLUE, SkiMask, Drum and 1 other person like this.
  2. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

the only reason that asshole shows his face around here is to piss people off. he proved that during the purge when he would stick his stupid nose in here and make light of the whole situation. it would be the same as me going over there and giving thumbs up and atta boys every couple minutes.

3. PaulDPearl

PaulDPearl Green Up

Glad you know me so well...

I have nothing to hide and nothing to apologize for. What you took as antagonistic was just reaching out - I tried as best I could to prevent those 'purged' from being so.. it wouldn't have been hard to avoid it and in fact, most of the access was restored through much unappreciated work of WitIsWisdom. You're welcome!

The reason I'm here is this is a SOCOM forum.. and I play SOCOM

Get used to it because you're likely to see a lot more of me.

-Hugs and Kisses

4. Swill

Swill Navy SEAL

H-Hour is dead. The fact that people still believe that corpse has a chance at a heartbeat is nothing but pure emotional investment at this point. People have put in way too much financial and emotional investment to let it go without getting something out of it, so they convince themselves it has some kind of future in order to delude themselves into believing it can succeed and suspend the day of eventual reckoning.

It was fun to make fun of, but it's not even worth beating at this point.

dizee likes this.
  5. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

in response to your post here....bullshit!
    secondly, let me ask you this. who wrote the last update posted over at your beloved hugbox? i know who wrote it, so let me hear your version.

6. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Jump to climb should be implemented by PS6!

SkiMask likes this.
  7. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

I watched a video of H-Hour the other day and it doesn't look that bad. Especially the maps being made by players of the game. The Ruins which is one of my favorite maps was perfect who ever made it, so talent is over there, it's just the game isn't moving due to bad Operations management.

If it did hit the PS4 I would buy it, but as it stands today it's a playable game with potential that is represented by lost and confused PC gamers that don't know how to support or communicate with the Socom Community well at all.

Sad to see my money go down the tubes the way it did.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

so how bout it paul? come up with an answer for me yet? its not a trick question.

9. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Butterstick

Who wrote it?

10. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Butterstick

Isn't every Socom revival project based on emotional investment?

11. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

ask paul.

12. Swill

Swill Navy SEAL

No, it's based on a desire to experience something you enjoy. Investing yourself deeply on an emotional level is something totally different.

13. PaulDPearl

PaulDPearl Green Up

In response to your response... prove me wrong.

as far as who writes the press releases - I am not involved in that so I wouldn't know about that, nor do I care (I'm curious why it matters to you though).

That^ is a good example of how many around here seem to focus on the people more than the project. The only thing that will ever matter to me is the end product - I'm here to play SOCOM (and SOCOM-like games) not build a name for myself or push some website or any of that bullshit.

As far as H-Hour being dead... seeing as they've (finally) made some progress on animations I certainly wouldn't count it out quite yet. You really can't deny there is still development activity.

14. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

Tom is still owner and still doing the same thing he's always been doing - which isn't really hands-on development. Rosie is more or less the project manager and server admin. This isn't really a secret and this isn't inside information.

The latest patch was a big step in the right direction and if you read Fred's note you can see that there's plenty to look forward to.
    PaulDPearl, Yesterday at 2:46 PM

just curious how far you guys are going to take this is all.

15. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Why don't you just come out and say it? You don't believe Tom is part of SOFstudios anymore, and has pulled a David Sears. And you're trying to make them dig the metaphorical hole?

16. PaulDPearl

PaulDPearl Green Up

I didn't pick up that from his statement so if that's what you're thinking... honestly why? Wouldn't that be a good thing - from your perspective?

So what is the implication as you see it of Tom leaving SOFs, an abundance of mattresses? Seriously who cares?

17. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

He's trying to manufacture the drama that you guys pull shit under the covers and try to hide it.

Would it be a good thing? I guess, if he passed the ownership over to one of the volunteers, or rosie, or you, or whatever. If he just turned the lights off and stopped paying the bills, it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for anyone that thinks HHOUR might turn the corner, or it's current supporters.

I'm not bashing you, dude, I'm actually on your side here. SLICK is implying he has insider info that Tom did not write the most recent blog post "i know who wrote it". He's trying to get you to refute that claim, so it's an even bigger "gotcha!" when he supposedly delivers his proof that Tom didn't write the post.

18. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

what are the odds????? amiright or amiright?

19. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

i dont care. i dont care if he split and gave you the keys to the kingdom. i was just curious how far you guys were going to take it.

20. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

What the fuck is up with those trees?
    I think somebody might have slipped me some acid...... No wait, it's just H-Hour.

It all makes sense now.
    The animations are fine guys, they're supposed to look that way. This is just what a soldier looks like fighting in a non-stop category 4 hurricane..... Awkward as shit.

I feel seasick.

Last edited: May 11, 2017