H-Hour - One More Time

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by MR.BLUE, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulDPearl

PaulDPearl Butterstick

.... oh well in that case I can answer that: FULL STEAM AHEAD.

Is that what you were looking for?

Personally I think this new team has a good shot at making a PS4 port happen.

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Not gonna lie, the shit dont look half bad. Huge improvement from the last video I watched of it a long time ago. Shoulda looked like this sometime in late 2013.

carkie, SkiMask, Tawok and 1 other person like this.
  3. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

That's kinda how I feel about it.

SkiMask and MACK IS GOD like this.
  4. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

The animations aren't done. It's mentioned in the comm news there are still future plans. would make sense if you saw it still a bit wonky.

5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Best believe my man @Tawok will give it another look if it gets closer to that goal. You know him, always willing to keep it real and if it turns around I bet he'll be one of the first to say so in video review #3. Which should be titled like a romance novel like the ones they stock up on in county jail.

Why the hell they put those in there anyways? It's weird.

6. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

game is dead. move along.

7. MR.BLUE

MR.BLUE SOCOM II Clan Founder

[​IMG]

8. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

[​IMG]

9. Benefit

Benefit Squid Slayer

I wish they would of just focused on the gun battles and game mechanics, instead of making it look pretty.. the game just plays like trash.

10. RaidenXS

A LOT of people wanted animations. I think it's easy to see what people want now, not looking at what it was then. And couple that with how many wanted which way to go.

11. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

Animations at least are integral to the gameplay. With the sheer movement speed of a game like SOCOM, having characters jerk around, fidget, or otherwise move even more unpredictably than the player tries for can make for a frustrating experience. Having said that, it's been a while, but back in the POC days, I remember the animations being a little wiry but good. The graphics were a bit goofy, but people seemed accepting of it then.

12. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

The animations and the sound design is the major issue for me with that game. Once they get these on points I will feel more comfortable with it. Let's see how the Devs manage this out!

13. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

I could've swore they did live fire recordings for their audio. So I have no idea how it sounds as fake as it does.

oni64 likes this.
  14. RaidenXS

Maybe he's so used to sounds from other video games that aren't using live fire? I wouldn't know what other games do.

Unless you're suggesting HHour isn't live fire audio.

15. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

No I'm saying they've implemented it poorly somehow. I've seen the pictures of Tom and Kevin at the range with the mics and the whole get up. They did live fire, for sure.

16. Almericus

Yeah, the sounds of the guns are not very good but i'm turned off specifically with the sound of the footsteps, the grenade sound when they blow.. the missing ambience around the maps.. These may seems like small details but would improve the immersion on the game drastically if they were getting better.

Take a look at Skyrim as a reference. The sound design in this game is perfectly on point. This is immersive as fuck.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  17. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Yea I remember reading something about them doing that. I think the main issue was the poor mixing and leveling of the audio samples. I remember the games grenade sound was clipping during its beta phase in 2015. The M4A1-SD sounds are still royally fucked. A sign that they never had a proper audio engineer, or maybe Tom liked how they sounded lol

18. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Ohh man I forgot about the footstep sounds. They sound like walking on mud mixed with shit. There is no difference in pavement, grass and snow or sand.

Almericus likes this.
  19. Almericus

[QUOTE="...They sound like walking on mud mixed with shit..[/QUOTE]

lol!!
    Well to be fair they do sound a little different depending on the surface you walk onto but there is a long way to go.

20. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

I have played HHOUR for the last few weeks just about everyday. There is more wrong with it then just the sounds. 1. The lean/crosshair is miss aliagned when you lean 2. Lean is broken, yes you can press F to fix it, but that is annoying 3. Claymore placement/timing/how long it takes to plant it is all off can't even plant one on stairs 4. Can't shoot pmn's in water 5. You can slide after the prone dive 6. Camera collision is back, through out the maps 7. Fall damage is off 8. Hit detection is bad. That is a few of many. They do not have the right type of testers or community help/players playing the game that can give valuable feedback. You must play the game to give good testing feedback. Not just test a build.

I new a handful of players including myself that would have been great testers for the game but we know how that played out.

A game is difficult to develop with a handful of people there is so much to test and figure out, if your not willing to test inch by inch, foot by foot, minute by minute it can not possibly be done right. These AAA games have issues with 100 man teams, how can you possibly have a good game with 10 people?

I guess we wait and see. Be nice to have good testers for some devs that are finally making progress!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.