H-Hour Online Numbers

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by XPSYCHOPATH410X, May 21, 2015.

1. MR.BLUE

MR.BLUE SOCOM II Clan Founder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SkiMask likes this.
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]
    They are about to start having H-Hour forum talk over here at TRS if they keep it up. Thing is, forums may be dead, but you know they still got one active server full of people chatting in Discord and not even utilizing their forums. Sad.

How long ago did Tom mention that or did he just ghost and that's the response from everyone else?

TOMBSTONE4U I think it time to go back over and ask ala September 2014; this time ask "Where is Tom?" If they try and give you the business, I wouldn't let up till Tom responds.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    MR.BLUE likes this.
  3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

The problem with starting a thread like that is they don't have a moderator willing to let it play out. It'll be lock and warn before it hits 2 pages.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and MR.BLUE like this.
  4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Yeah your right. I would still consider banding together the few remaining members that are active and simultaneously revolt as one united front until they answered. I would have each create the same thread topic with the same question. Temp ban them sure, but it would be very telling how they react after the 2nd or 3rd lockdown by members not standing idle while they were locked.

All you would need is three people who REALLY care about the game and direction.

And another thing, who is putting out the update messages then? Who runs the SOF Twitter? Tom seems to be there doing the same old thang so I don't think he's gone anywhere. Just stopped dedicating the 1/2 hour every few weeks to post, but I argue nothings changed as it was like that years ago.

5. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

he just split. never said anything. rosie is the one that finally came out with the "hands off approach" story after a fw people started asking questions. there was a thread about it over there but i think they deleted it.

MR.BLUE likes this.
  6. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

well the "quick looks" went from once a week to every 2 weeks to whenever they feel like it, which turned out to be never. now the only info they get is patch notes via rosie and i am sure she is also in charge of the twatter.

MR.BLUE likes this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I feel like they might need a full frontal assault exposing the truth of what is happening right now. You wouldn't imagine (well YOU actually might) but in them PS4 groups and others around the net think this thing is solid gold, but it's old info they are going on.

It's really fucking sad.

Do we need to get a member of their community on to talk about it or something? President ghosting his own forums and business is VERY ODD and I would be concerned if I hadn't heard from him personally for months. Much less, actually post in his forums to his loyalists however few they may be.

It's a shame guys like EViL seem perfectly fine to continue to perpetrate that myth that everything is honkey dory.

Figured at least Vice_President would come out and speak on it more. Hell, even Spazz Brown is around here frequently too. Surprised no word whatsoever. Oh well it will continue to fade into obscurity if they continue down this path of ignorance by cloaking their shit.
    C7tJav3VQAA5zxI.jpg

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  8. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

To me, H-Hour is like that old classmate you haven't heard from in a few years. You may think you're curious about how they're doing, but you pull back the curtain and find out they haven't done their dishes for a few months and their landlord made off with their deposit and is laying low at a greasy motel. Woah, that got a little real.

MR.BLUE and SkiMask like this.
  9. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

here you go, direct quote from rosie 2 days after someone made a thread about it.
    "Tom is showing his respect and admiration for the work of the community volunteers by giving us the time we need to develop this game on what is primarily a part time basis. He is taking a hands off approach to allow the team the time they need without interference, pressure or stress. He meets with us when he wants information or we need direction or guidance but otherwise allows us to take responsibility for our own work efforts. "
    and that is all that was said on the matter.

10. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

If history is any indicator that means he quit 6 months ago and no one's heard from him since.
    If anyone from their community wants to come here to discuss the topic they're always welcome to, but I don't think they need the likes of us to get involved in putting pressure on the studio for information. Not my game, not my problem.

Tom's absence from the forums and social media means absolutely nothing to me because he's still the owner and it's still the status quo as far as policy goes.

Tawok, SkiMask and MR.BLUE like this.
  11. MR.BLUE

Remember shortly after Kickstarter when there was a public joke about a "white elephant?"

[​IMG]

The joke was so funny a publicly version was released to the community. Everyone laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find it all very ironic now.

Dan Monk waves hello.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  12. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah I agree 100%. I don't care what they are doing over there. They can lie cheat and steal all they want, not my problem anymore. I just like to look in and laugh at the idiots from time to time. the fact that there are people out there that are that dumb and allow themselves to get kicked in the nuts over and over and over and still come back smiling astounds me. but hey, when this game sells tens of copies and makes it to the ps4 in 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019! we will see who is laughing then! amiright?

/SS/ PEIPER and MR.BLUE like this.
  13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I was referring to the H-Hour supporters, not TRS for fucks sake. Give me some credit for not being that fucking stupid and only being a dumb Pollack. I just wished at least 3 in their community cared enough to ask.
    You Sir, warm ma cockles.

MR.BLUE likes this.
  14. MR.BLUE

PS4!

[​IMG]

SkiMask likes this.
  15. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

It was a shitty idea and we were desperate for Socom so we did what we could as a community. We supported it even though we had been shit on for 3 games in a row. We fought all the stupid shit from the S-3 and after Socomers and won pretty much every battle.. Only problem is no game and no way to get it, much less on the console, which is where Socom fans wanted to play it. Let it fucking die.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  16. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

17. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Hard to believe its going on 4 years since the Kickstarter.

4 years, and what 5 maps? Still a buggy mess, literally less than 10 people who actually play the game, and its now at the point where the entire project is run by fanboys working for free in their spare time.

Its beyond laughable that some of the members of Jonestown over there still believe this abortion will ever make it to PS4. Its been in production for more than half of the time of the average consoles life span. Even if some miracle happened and a crazy rich person gave them enough money to get a real staff and make a game, the PS5 would be right around the corner.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  18. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

The thing is, even if the game does manage to make it to PS4, that doesn't automatically equal Sony driving a truck full of money to their houses. Verdun, a WW1 shooter that's already way better as a PC game than H-Hour, got ported to PS4, and basically no one plays it. I only found out it was even there just because they had a flash sale where it was super cheap. Anyways, it's kind of a shitty port, but my point is that if a game like Verdun which has been covered extensively by high profile YouTubers and streamers, can't even pull 40 people on a consistent basis, H-Hour is screwed.

MR.BLUE and Tawok like this.
  19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]

Bigfry, MR.BLUE and Tawok like this.
  20. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

Wasn't he the guy that donated like $5k in the KS?

MR.BLONDE, Swill, Tawok and 1 other person like this.