H-Hour Over/Under - Month 1 Sales 75k Units

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by xPREDICTIONx, Jan 16, 2014.

?

H-Hour Over/Under - Month 1 Sales 75k Units

1. Over - 75k Units

20 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Under - 75k Units

35 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. Neither - Production will not receive proper funding for completion.

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. xPREDICTIONx

xPREDICTIONx Requiem

*EDIT - Choose PC or PS4, which ever you were thinking.

Do you think H-Hour will sell more or less than 75k copies, (excluding KS backer kits) & assuming all will go well with funding & production?

Relevance? Just would like to see where we stand as far as how popular you think it'll initially be.

*NOTE - I don't gamble.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    /SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  2. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Under.

Unfortunately.

3. pec1468

pec1468 iDub Scrub

I hope I am wrong, but I see the first month being under 75k. That being said, Once the game gets out there and it has that magic feel, They will come. It will be real interesting to see how the PC crowd take to the game. I think once the PS4 version hits it will sell well.

4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I don't see them getting the funding to finish.

5. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Are we talking PC and PS4 combined, as if they were released simultaneously? If so, then it's an easy over.

6. SNIPERofDEATH

SNIPERofDEATH Strafe Artist

H hour will see a large chunk of its sales go up by word of mouth. Kind of like socom did early on. This will take around 2 to 3 months " IF" the game is good.

7. XPSYCHOPATH410X

XPSYCHOPATH410X Breach Bandit

8. WizaiM-CaMoKiLLeR

WizaiM-CaMoKiLLeR iDub Scrub

9. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

That's a problem too.

10. rev

rev picard is lord

Hard to say, anything can happen but if I'm going off a rational guess I'd say under.

All depends on the games release status, how well the game is running at launch, if the game meets the standards of potential we're already seeing, etc.

11. CultClassic

CultClassic Navy SEAL

I think it depends solely on what SOF's vision of what this game aspires to be. If it's mainly a more refined Socom2 than I believe that they are looking to use H-Hour as this kind of indie PSN game, Small revenue Steam game and I think they would be happy with 75k in the first month and would equally get that funding that they desire (But would we be happy in 2014 with that result?) If SOF wants to kind of rebrand the Socom franchise and aspire to a greater publisher than they are going to need to do a lot better than 75k in the first month in my opinion and if they are somewhere in that range they definitely will not get the funding they want. So it just depends on how they want to market the game.

12. MIDNIGHTFROST

MIDNIGHTFROST Demolition Junkie

I'm hoping over, I'm also hoping it does the best it can for what it is. I guess they better put together one hell of a good ad campaign. Speaking of which I was in a 16v last night and there were still people who had not heard about H-Hour:confused:. How are people playing Con. 5yrs later and be oblivious to the future of SOCOM? Obviously we still need to work on getting the word out.

pec1468 and xPREDICTIONx like this.
  13. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

Considering the one time I went back to SOCOM 1 during SOCOM 3 and there was someone on there who had just got SOCOM 1 a short time before that, I can believe it. He was shocked the series was on the third game. He was talking about making the transition to SOCOM 2 at that point, which sparked the conversation.

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  14. Bush_Wacker1

Bush_Wacker1 Rah-he-lah!

Too many negative responses here. If H-Hour is going to be a spiritual successor to Socom and Socom II and everyone or most everyone on this board think Socom was one of the best games ever, then how can anyone believe that sales will be stagnant? If they can replicate the core of Socom with H-Hour then it's going to be a home run and if it's a home run the sales will be out of the park as well.:)

ChemoFreak7 and CultClassic like this.
  15. CultClassic

CultClassic Navy SEAL

The ending of Socom has made a cynicist of us all.

Tawok likes this.
  16. MIDNIGHTFROST

You have to keep in mind what they are trying to accomplish, not that agree with it but they are even setting their goals too low for me. This is to be a multi-player game only at first and a low budget one at that so I understand why people are keeping the sales forecast predictions modest.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  17. xPREDICTIONx

xPREDICTIONx Requiem

The feedback is awesome, I like to hear everyone's thoughts, but I'm sorry, I was thinking PS4 sales, so I guess just pick PC or PS4, I think it could easily shoot over 100k on PC month 1, that's 30 days of millions of people looking to throw money at a game.

18. MIDNIGHTFROST

Ya but these weren't nubes:confused: seriously, people who are SOCOM fans have no clue as to the future of their game.

19. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

I agree. I didn't hear about this until Dec. 27th and it was only because I happened to google PS4 socom while considering buying a ps4 and wondering if there was going to be a socom future.

I just got ahold of one of my old socom friends who now lives in China and he had not heard about H-Hour either until today. We were both die hard every day socomers for years and we had no idea.

I think they do need a serious marketing campagin but being low budget and still trying to find funding for the game alone I can only hope.

I voted over. I have high hopes, try to optimistic for the success of H-Hour and truly think between PS4, PC and some kind of marketing 75k is obtainable.

20. xXplosiive

xXplosiive Butterstick

call me crazy but by time this game hits ps4 shelves, i think 75k will be light work. Especially if the game is distributed worldwide. However for the pc i don't see it reaching that many units until maybe 2-3 months after.

Drum likes this.