Harry Patch r0005 - Daytime Map Vote

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by Tawok, May 25, 2017.

?

Your Opinion of Map Time-of-Day Alterations

1. NO choice. Only originals

5.9%
  2. SOCOM 1 Daytime maps only (Aband, Rat's Nest)

23.5%
  3. Full Choice - Day and Night maps for all

58.8%
  4. Limited Choice - Vote on which maps will have day and/or night modes

5.9%
  5. Patches are stupid

5.9%
  1. Trip

Trip Green Up

I would have made a new post but currently do not have the account priveledges to do so. I had a question directed toward Harry62.

Currently there are ways to put the sony r0004 patch bundled with the downloadable extra maps as an iso and load it using freemcboot. This way we can play patched games and also the hardrive maps without a hardrive. But the thing is, nobody uses the r0004 patch because you cant play in the same room with people who dont have the patch.
    (The R0004 patch was overrated in my opinion anyway, many people say it fixed Hit detextion on all the guns but the official patch notes clearly says that only the M60 was altered to make it less accurate while moving and none of the other guns were touched.)
    For this reason, Harrys patch is the one we use because not only does it block cheating, and give us day/night maps, it lets us play with others who do not have the patch.

My question is, can we somehow bundle Harrys patch and the downloadable HDD maps into an iso that we can load using mcboot?

WAR_PIG likes this.
  2. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

That's actually part of the problem. I don't know where he is at with the maps but I've been working on this on and off for a few months. The best I have gotten so far was the map showing in the list but it fails to load it.

So it's definitely something that could be done. As for having the patch in the ISO, he already has instructions on implementing his patch into an ISO of the game. It's in the r0005 main thread.

If this became a thing and people were open to using a modified ISO then there's a lot more that could be done with this game.

3. chris_pontius

chris_pontius Green Up

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to download this onto a PS3?

4. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

ill be testing it out next week on a CFW 60gb ps3. believe the easiest way will be to put the patched ISO onto ps3 hdd and then mount it with multiman

5. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

You can remove the "movies" folder and the offline maps and get the file size down to 1GB or so. Game will load to the main menu faster as well.

6. chris_pontius

chris_pontius Green Up

any luck or update?

7. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

not yet