Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by dizee, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

what happen to your ps4?

im about 2-3 hours in to the game now and honestly im getting pretty bored. the story is nothing special and the pacing is so slow man. Its not a bad game or anything thus far but it just is not grabbing my attention and wanting me to keep playing it.

and why is there no 60 FPS mode on the Pro? I dont care about 4k resolution or improved textures, I want a smooth and stable 60 FPS. this option should be a standard for all games on the pro like Nioh did, 60fps or better resolution/textures.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

Come on man you know the Pro isn't powerful enough to do every game at 60fps, especially an open world one with detailed environments. While the CPU for the Pro runs faster than the base PS4 it's still on the weaker side. As for the game I am a few hours in(just got past the proving and I'm about to leave the village to explore the wider open world). So far i've enjoyed it and I found myself saying "let me do just one more thing before I go to bed" quite a few times.

3. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

I've got quite a bit of time in the game now. I'm having a great time. There are things I'd love to see them update in a patch (definitely in a sequel), but they're mostly quality of life things.

4. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Hopefully UPS shows up early this morning if not I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play this. My local walmart sucks ass and still didn't have this game in stock yesterday so I came right home and ordered 1 day shipping and still got it for a couple dollars cheaper with prime.

5. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

I am about 10 hours in. It is a solid game but not GOTY material for me. The pacing got better after first hour or two but the story is still really stupid and full of so many characters that you simply do not give two shits about. I am not sure if I will beat it before Mass Effect comes out, maybe if I just rush through the main mission quests but I really dont like to play open world games like that.

6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Yeah I am a completionist in that respect. Hate advancing a story till most of the shit has been cleared up until that point or at the very least, that I obtain all the side missions to then proceed with the main story. So yeah, I relate and a rush through isn't satisfying either. Your kinda stuck and now it would seem Mass Effect is gonna push this to the side.

7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Decided to pick this one up since almost every source I've heard says it's a great game. Downloaded it last night so I'll start after work and let you guys know what I think.

I'll probably just stick to the main story for the first playthrough because like @SkiMask mentioned, Mass Effect comes out soon and I'll be crawling inside that for a while and don't to leave this unfinshed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

9. Smokey_Run

Loving it. I had a problem last night where it was like 3am and I wanted to keep playing, but I had to be up in a few hours for work.

10. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Requiem

Yeah it is definitely one of those games that you do not want to put down.

11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Seeing as you're probably farther along than I am, are there any items/skills you can recommend? I'm about to do the trials thing to become a part of the tribe and I get the feeling the world is about to open up big time.

12. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

unlock the triple arrow skills asap imo

13. Smokey_Run

Tinker isn't bad, but I feel its a lot of lost points. It allows you to take mods off weapons and armor which is important if you can get good stuff. Stealth strikes are great too. You can cheese the fuck out of human enemies whistling in the bushes like Assassin's Creed. Right now, I wish I had the call a mount even if you don't have one. Reallllly need it when the world opens up and you are crossing the world.

14. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

At level 22 and just got Tinker, totally worth it cause I had several blue and purple mods on my old weapons that I can now move forward. Gonna work on my strike abilities next.

15. Smokey_Run

Strike abilities, for the most part, is where I went with my first 15 or so skill points. Silent strike is OP as fuck if you just whistle over enemies to the tall grass, especially humans. I'm playing on Hard which means a bunch of bullshit 2-3 hit deaths at times so I'm more than happy to cheese them back.

16. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

17. Smokey_Run

Finished it. It took me about 60 hours to do everything. Story gets better as it goes along and is pretty cool by the end. However, that might have been an issue of me just exploring and doing side quests and errands the one night and kinda losing the plot. Good first attempt at a demanding genre for a team that never made a game in it. Obvious room for improvement. I can't wait to see what they cook up for a sequel, I expect with the foundation laid, they can really dig and flex their muscle.

SkiMask likes this.
  18. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I think I'm going to have to do some more side quests and exploring, I'm pretty sure I just got the last main quest because instead of just being at or a little above my level like the previous ones, it's almost 7 levels up. Gonna try to clear out the Tallnecks and maybe get some Cauldrons done tonight.

19. Smokey_Run

If you want to know where you stand, I could answer it. I'd just need to know the mission name.

20. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

*spoilers*

how much longer do i have on the main mission? i just did the mission in miridian where shit blows up and you fight some guy and flying robots