Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by dizee, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

You're like halfway.

2. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

On my way to Meridian and finding the girl who went to kill the one commander, had to stop to admire this view.
    BTW as usual trying to play a stealth game but it's just so easy and fun on normal to charge right in and try and go toe to toe with the machines.
    17155458_1267327520003036_4791408143896648104_n.jpg

Murphdawg1 likes this.
  3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I looked it up and the next mission is the point of no return for the end game. I cleared out the Tallnecks (getting into some good fights along the way), did some side quests, and collected the rest of the power cells I needed to unlock the Sheild Weaver armor. The armor is totally overpowered on normal mode though so I'm thinking about turning up the challenge.

4. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Armor is OP period and the only reason I beat the final mission on Hard.

In some ways I envy you guys who played on normal. Playing on just hard was a complete slog and extremely frustrating at times. Most of my encounters would end in 1-3 hits on Hard. I don't know how anyone could do the last quest on hard and find it enjoyable. I would have likely had a brain anueurysm and died screaming if I didn't have it.

5. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Night Stalker

6. UnSeenDeath88

Ok so I'm either blind, stupid or both, the bunker to the very north guarded by the stormbird how in the hell do you get into it, I've climbed to where to marker is but can't find any way to go farther.

7. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Any chance you can export a screenshot or something? Is it a Cauldron or ruins? Cause they're two different things. If it's a Cauldron, there is one where you have to climb up some rocks to the left. There is a watcher up on the ledge and two stalkers guarding the door. Head up to where the watcher is located. If it's ruins, it's probably a story mission. I'm thinking it's ruins/story mission.

8. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I think you might be talking about the quest The Mountain That Fell. There's a hand hold to climb up a cliff in the back right, facing the objective marker that's hard to see. It's on the left side of the waterfall, here's a video of the location:

Go to 3:24 in the vid. If that's not it, we might need some pics like Smokey said.

Smokey_Run likes this.
  9. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

As @Animal-_- said, it's story related. I just had someone else ask me this exact same question in my PSN chat. It's a story mission.

10. UnSeenDeath88

Yep it's that bitter climb, ok when I get back on later I'll go explore other places still got the whole southwest and west part of the map to explore and get all the collectibles. Speaking of those the maps for them are very cheap. Honestly that's my only issue with the the game is there is almost to much handholding on missions and then you can for pretty cheap by a map for vantages, vessels and flowers with resources.

11. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Cause they're not making a Ubisoft collect-a-thon. Why would they make them super expensive? Hell, they're not even super expensive in Ubisoft games when they offer you the ability to buy collectible maps.

12. UnSeenDeath88

Good point you could also day Rockstar where nearly every collectable has 50 pieces and they are mainly hidden in some small obscure location that you probably ran by 100 times by the time you find it.

13. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I just don't see the point in hiding collectibles if they don't actually do anything. If you attach something awesome to collecting a bunch of stuff, I'm fine with there being no maps. If there isn't something worthwhile at the end of the rainbow, give me the ability to get maps for nothing so I can just check the box on my checklist of things I need to do in your game.

UnSeenDeath88 likes this.
  14. UnSeenDeath88

Yea that too, I was going to add to it most of the time I won't even go looking for the hidden stuff and do find it pretty stupid. At least with Horizon there seems to be some significance to the flowers, with the characters comments, and why would metal flowers just start showing up and in the middle of a triangle of natural flowers also. The vantage points are kind of cool I'm not sure yet if they are adding much to the story

15. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Night Stalker

Beat the game last night with just under 60 hours put into it(including side quests) still have some quests left plus the metal flowers, vantages, corruption zones.

16. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

i havent played this in a week, might try to power thru the main quest before ME.

17. UnSeenDeath88

Is Mass effect going to be a continuation of the story from the previous games? I never did play 3, actually not even sure I can I think I got rid of the PS3 last year.

18. dizee

dizee Night Stalker

i dont think so

19. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

No, the story for Andromeda is that you're a part of a massive group of colonists that left to go to the nearest galaxy to us a little bit before the events of the previous games came to a head. When you arrive in Andromeda it's centuries in the future and you have no contact with The Milky Way to even know about the Reaper war.

20. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Night Stalker