"How the Mighty Have Fallen" Thread

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by SkiMask, Sep 28, 2017.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]

You wanna get by me–there's only two things stoppin' you: fear and common sense.

2. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

What is this thread even about? Update the OP with something that clarifies that or I'm gonna lock this up.

3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Well fuck. here I thought we could make fun of people we once thought were heros but fell from grace.

lock away
    van.JPG

4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Here I am thinking why you didn't just say that in the OP.

5. eVo7

eVo7 Vicious Provacateur

In it's prime:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Out of it's prime:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

oni64 likes this.
  6. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

7. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

8. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

9. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Artie Lange is a comedic genius who has made and spent millions of dollars all while giving his fans a play by play of his life with no pulled punches and no apologies.

He is also one of the most generous and caring people you will ever meet and on COUNTLESS occasions helped out people in bad situations either financially or through setting them up to get the help they need. He is literally a treasure in the comedy community and almost universally loved by everyone who knows him.

I've met and hung out with him a few times and he is one of only a handful of people I can honestly say I have nothing bad to say about. Its fucking tragic to watch what has happened to him physically, but including him in a thread titled "How the Mighty Have Fallen" just isnt accurate.

At his peak Artie made 35K a week when he was on MadTV and was paid 910K annually for his spot on the Stern show from 2001-2009. He made 3 or 4 times that annually from comedy shows and guest appearances. He currently does a podcast of his own and just started another one with Anthony Cumia of Opie and Anthony fame. His solo podcast made him in the low 6 figures annually.

Artie never lived like a big timer. He had an apartment in NY, and a modest shore house. Even when he was making millions annually. His housing situation could have been maintained by any average schmuck who made 100K a year. He pissed all his money away on gambling, hookers, and drugs. So the fact that he is "only" now doing a podcast that makes him 6 figures annually has no effect on his life. The guy used to bet 50K a game on the NFL and made maybe my favorite quote of all time when he said:

Paraphrasing here: "If you're ever bored with your life, and you want to create some excitement, figure out what your net worth is. Then bet triple that on a football game. It will immediately become the most interesting thing you've ever watched and you'll be very excited."

Looking at both those videos is quite sad as Artie looks like a fucking geriatric in the second one, but I dont view him as having "fallen". He never lived above his status or claimed to be anything other than a complete fuck up who liked to make people laugh. Which he still is.

Not trying to be confrontational with this post, just wanted to give a different perspective. His story is one of the most tragic in show business from a personal health standpoint, but as far as his "status" he couldnt care less. As long as he has enough money to keep a roof over his head and make people laugh hes fine with it. Theres no difference to him between making 100K or 100 Million as long as it allows him to not have to work a real job.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    oni64 likes this.
  10. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

I'm convinced that Artie has a gene that is tolerant to all the drugs he has done. but time and age are creeping up on him. Agreed on what you posted. That 2nd video was just crazy

11. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Yea he definitely is paying the price. With guys like him its the obesity that is the real killer. Ive known plenty of semi-functional drug addicts who were relatively healthy otherwise, but they were all thin people. Ive never seen an obese drug addict make it past 40. Hes a true anomaly. The human body just isnt designed to be so fat. He just had open chest surgery in July for an infection in his heart.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...ie-lange-collapse-chicago-20170708-story.html

Perfect example is Robert Downey Jr. Hes done AT LEAST as much coke and heroin as Artie, but because he wasnt morbidly obese, he was able to clean up and get his life in order without any huge health issues. Being that fat is just too much of a strain on the body.

oni64 likes this.
  12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]