How to NOT build a community...

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by WAR_PIG, Jan 29, 2017.

1. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

I just wanted to post this as I am a bit frustrated. I joined the Xlink on Facebook a while ago. In fact it was the catalyst that actually got me back and get connected up and playing again. That was awesome. All was great until two days ago when some kid on there was embarrassing himself in a post.

A couple of guys and me posted at him nothing too disparaging but kind of telling him to chill and re read what was posted. Certainly nothing rising to a level it was took to. I found out yesterday that I have been not only BANNED but blocked! haha! Seriously. Some kid named Caro or Carlos who was the kid making an ass out of himself turned out to be one of the founders of the closed group.

I just am posting because the whole idea of xlink and Socom is to try and rebuild a community and get us striving on Socom again. This bitch ass immature behavior does no one any good. It's extremely disappointing to see this shit happen. I've been a member of Urgent Fury, GB, Sony forums for years and have NEVER been banned for anything.

Simple, ridiculous.

*end rant*

Thanks for listening.

2. Modios

Modios .:fLaSh:.

Same here. I got banned probably the same time you did.

Actually I think it was even the same post. I called him sour & I got the boot, lol.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    WAR_PIG likes this.
  3. He won't even allow me in the group and I a member in Team XLink. lol

WAR_PIG likes this.
  4. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Well, keep in mind that's OUR goal. That's not the goal of many of the hardcore S2 X-Link douchebags who see X-Link SOCOM as their only outlet to display some kind of power and control over others, since they don't get to do that in their daily lives. These are the same guys that say things like "get good" and do finger pushups to improve their finger speed 14 years later.

5. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

^^^ So true. Finger push-ups lmao

6. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

Yeah, it was interesting to say the least. I reached out to the other guy/founder Ben and he seemed reasonable and a few other members I guess talked this dude down from the ledge. They reinstated me today but to be honest, I'm not that interested in being there now. Just knowing some child-like douchebag is watching my every post is just not inviting.

I'll stick to being over here. I will say I talked to a member named Tripp and he says there seems to be a bit of a riff between TRS and that community. Not understanding as we are all in this together. #socomlove

7. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

Anytime you hear about a rift between XLINK and TRS remind them you don't associate with the drama. They used to hate our core, until I explained to them one night that we're all on the same team and we all want the same thing. I also told them there are drama-centric members in any community and you gotta take the good with the bad. We just gotta remain cordial, friendly, but also not take shit lying down. You're doing it right WAR_PIG, don't let the egos kill your passion for SOCOM.

Drum, WAR_PIG and Jester's dead like this.
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

And stay in that group and use it as a way to distribute our Community Night XLink footage. lol. They'll appreciate that XLink content, right? And like the others have said, there was drama way back when and some of the old timers believe a riff still exists. It doesn't. And most of us are fresh and new and could care less about some dumb shit from years gone. We just want to play the deep sets and laugh and have a ton of fun in the process of pushing for our game to return.

Drum, Chili327, WAR_PIG and 1 other person like this.
  9. Chili327

Chili327 [CDS] Chili327

I have butted heads with a few over there (& in xlink chat), not sure who they are, but I keep thinking that fb page is for this website... guess not. lol

WAR_PIG and SkiMask like this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Keep in mind these guys DONT want the community to grow.

They want to be the big fish in their pathetic little pond of finger speed and reflexes.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

"Too bad SOCOMers NEVER get along"

We all have had our run ins with others in the Community. Not alone there. Facebook isn't my thing, but them same people run the PS4 group SOCOM NextGen too(SOCOM REMASTERED until it was hijacked and renamed). After SOF, they were the next group to ban me.

TRS gives everyone an uncensored voice.

WAR_PIG and Chili327 like this.