Internet issues

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by WAR_PIG, Apr 11, 2017.

1. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Butterstick

Hey all, as you know I was having issues on Friday. They don't seem to be cleared up yet I'm calling Comcast/Xfinity tonight to see if I can resolve.

Basically, I can login into Kai/Xlink no problem on my main internet connection wifi that has a pw. But I, can see no rooms. This has always been like this. I don't play on this wifi profile but always go to the Xfinity open wifi and just use that one. Never any issues until Friday.

If anyone has any suggestions please throw them up here. I wouldn't mind using my personal wifi connect but just can't seem to make it work, hence I just use the open wifi.

Let me know....
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

But in this scenario though you are using a Mac as well, correct?

I'll be honest, I am an absolute moron when it comes to DMZs, Firewalls and Routers. All I know is I bought a really nice one and made my network hidden and secured it up with a PW as well as the router was changed from the default admin password to that of my choosing. That's it. Never so much as touched a port. DMZ? Never.

Some folks do and mostly ones I seen that use commercial broadband and satellite routers and modems or router/modem combos.

My shit is owned and separate, the router and modem. So I am of no use, really. A lot of the times the reason I cannot see a room is because I am just about to be kicked outta Kai. Sometimes the rooms disappear before I get the "cannot connect" blue screen. Only time I don't see rooms. OR WHEN CHANGING FROM ARENA TO PRIVATE ARENA AS WE DID.

Took a lot longer to get that public room to show itself when we switched back. Maybe 4 refreshes and I think I even power cycled the PS2? So make sure your not dealing with a couple different problems concurrently.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    WAR_PIG likes this.