It's Back - TRS SOCOM Community Night

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Lol, you're still hanging onto my every word? Just send me your address already and I'll mail you an autographed photo. By the way, love the irony in the "butthurt" statement. I'm simply stating my opinion. You're the one rushing to hit reply and whine and moan to me about my opinion. If you could simply move on and stop feeling like you have to defend your SOCOM dignity, there wouldn't be any issue. The problem is that you feel like you absolutely have to have the last word. You don't have the mental fortitude to just let it go and move on. Watch, you'll reply to this with another comment or cute meme/gif. You won't be able to resist.

"Let me school you on xlink"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dizee likes this.
  2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Its unfortunate that a few events have taken the spotlight away from what we should really all be focusing on.

My incredible MVP performance on Sandstorm.

Yet again, after only having played one night after a more than 10 year absence, I raised the bar even higher by putting on another MVP performance that could only be described as spectacular.

After 5 rounds of utter futility from my teammates and finding myself staring at a 4-1 deficit, I did what only a truly great player can do and through sheer force of will carried my team to a 6-5 victory. Sealing it with a breathtaking kill in the final round when I was the last player alive on my team.

They say the great ones make it look easy, but it was anything but. Never before has my finger speed been pushed to such limits. Even now, as Im typing this, my fingers are still fatigued and I can barely muster the strength to type out the words.

3. R.K.L.

R.K.L. Green Up

My 2 cents on this is that you are not going to get a flawless stream on x-link because there will inevitably be booting and connection problems. That's why the public rooms are fine because people get booted and someone else joins. X-link is not the same Socom as in the server days and you have to accept that. If you want to help promote Socom just be positive and play, stream or whatever but enforcing some new rules like no wall sliding is going to be difficult. The x-link community is the Socom community now and they wall slide. I have no problem with it actually. It makes the game that much faster and separates the noobs from the vets like many other aspects of the game always did; it even takes an element of skill to do it right.

Also, the diving trick totally works if done properly. I remember being owned many times back in the server days from it.

SocomKillah28 likes this.
  4. SocomKillah28

SocomKillah28 Boom Boolah!

LOL I must be psychic because I already had an idea of what your weak response would be. Please have the last word, do me favor because I could've said the same shit a post or two ago. You called me out on false claims in the first place just remember that.

There wouldn't have been anymore replies a long time ago & it wouldn't be a problem if you didn't try to pass that opinion off as fact but at least you finally brought your ego aside for a moment to admit it was just that, an opinion, nothing more. An opinion that NOT ONE PERSON agreed with up until this point. Classifying the act of diving with wall-sliding and lag is not something of opinion however, it is simply wrong, it is not a bug/glitch/exploit so shut up about it, end of discussion.

You just want to throw that in there and make yourself feel better about something you simply don't like people doing in-game...well tough shit bud.

Then you go once again singling out my clanmates (no one else for some odd reason) so you already knew what you were doing to entice my reply, no problem because with or without wall sliding they would embarrass you at this game lol so yeah, I'd want them far away if I was you too.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. MACK IS GOD

suoermanstopit.jpg

SocomKillah28 and WAR_PIG like this.
  6. SocomKillah28

7. MACK IS GOD

The funniest thing is, while playing last night, I was in a firefight with a guy who proned in the middle of our exchange exactly as I was at the end of my magazine.

I sprayed out the last 8-10 rounds where he would have been if he was still upright, and while I was reloading, he hopped up, and lit me up and killed me.

As it was happening, I freaked out and was screaming and yelling about it. Im pretty sure Tawok has it on his stream. It happened during a Sujo Frostfire match I believe. I was in the "Its a gimmick" camp myself, but when it actually happened to me I flipped out and was screaming about it. Im sure anyone who was logged on remembers it.

Im not taking a stance either way. But that particular technique ABSOLUTELY prevented me from getting a kill and allowed the user of that technique to hop up and kill me while I was reloading so there is no doubt in my mind that there is some tactical use for that move.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  8. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

Reading these last couple pages it makes me realize.......Ahhhhh Socom is back!!! Sorry I didn't make it last night. I'm in the middle of a move. While still hooked up and ready to go. I'm finding it hard if not working to make it. With all the shit that goes into moving. I fucking hate moving. and hope it's the last time in my life. I'm down sizing, and trust me seems more overwhelming than going bigger where all your shit will fit.

9. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

I'm sure you guys will get over this and keep doing what you're doing.

Animal-_- likes this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

I can confirm this.

As someone who has moved 10 times over the past 10 years, I can say that it is literally Hell for the week or so leading up to it and the actual day or 2 of physically moving shit is a separate area of Hell only reserved for people who are moving.

Its incredible how Ive streamlined my possessions over the years. The first move I brought all the knick knacks and collectibles. By the 10th move, anything that wasnt required for sustaining life was left behind.

It also ushered in my default response to friends who call me and say "Hey, what are you doing this weekend?"

Prior to experiencing the Hell that is moving, I used to reply honestly and if I had no plans would say "Nothing, why?"

After saying that and being roped into helping them move, I now respond to that question with "Im swamped, why?"

Jester's dead likes this.
  11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

[​IMG]

12. ricjamesbitcll

ricjamesbitcll 203 Spammer

Hey tawok i know it can be a bitch sometimes but i appreciate what you and the guys are doing for socom, i think your streams are good so the people i talk to can come check it out on the community nights. Tonight i just communicated with a old clan member with the (DIE) clan and he is currently talking to them about getting on xlink and told them about coming to TRS and checking out the threads for xlink and your streams to check out community nights. I never bought a ps4 so its hard to stay in touch with old clans and people i used to play with.

13. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Didn't read a single word of this, so you wasted your time. I knew you wouldn't have the mental strength to not respond, though. So thanks for doing exactly what I expected you to do.

Take care.

14. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

He could have killed you standing up, too. You also could have killed him when he proned. The only reason he killed you in this instance was because you weren't expecting it. But, as I said, you now know what to expect and that won't catch you off guard anymore since it only works the first time when it's a surprise.

So, basically exactly what I said before lol.

15. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

I don't agree with this. Yes, of course there can be issues with people getting booted and what not on occasion. However, there's absolutely no question that we have far, far less issues in our own passworded room. Again, I'm happy to have people from the public arena come play with us. But, they need to be people that we know we can trust and that we know won't screw up the room.

Drum likes this.
  16. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

People are too sensitive sometimes. It's all in good fun. People can argue with each other and debate things in a heated way without there being any animosity involved. People always assume that just because two people are arguing that they must hate the other person.

Drum, Jester's dead and MACK IS GOD like this.
  17. SocomKillah28

didnt-read-lol.jpg

18. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

I've elected to take a camping trip this weekend to enjoy the fresh spring laid on us. Believe it or not, I will not be taking my mobile hotspot, TV, PS2, Computer, and generator with me. You guys have fun.

19. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

See? You don't have the mental strength to simply move on without having the last word. You're too psychologically weak. Evey time you respond, you give me exactly what I want of you and what I expect you to do.

Thanks. Keep it coming.

20. SocomKillah28

HVNBWD5.gif