It's Back - TRS SOCOM Community Night

Discussion in 'SOCOM Community Nights' started by Swill, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

I want to dispel this TRS XLINK divide bullshit. There was one night in the past TEN MONTHS that there was a disagreement at large between the two groups. One Friday out of FORTY. As to the "you play in private rooms" - If you guys perceive a divide because on *TRS COMMUNITY* nights we want to play with our TRS brethren, that's on you. The funny thing about that, is all you have to do to join it, is be on the Discord chat to get the password and agree to not slide.

And yeah, for the record, it is more fun to play with guys I've gotten to know over the past almost four years. Shit, it even makes for a better stream/video when it's a bunch of guys that know each other well talking shit. Any one of us can join the pubbys any other night of the week, and any of the XLINK regulars are welcome to sign up, say hello, and get PM'd a link to join us via discord. You guys talk like we refuse people entry. If you agree to one simple rule - don't wall slide, you're welcome to join.

Mountains out of molehills. Artificial divide. SOCOM.

Champ, Drum, MR.BLONDE and 4 others like this.
  2. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

gamebattles? whats that??? /sarcasm

if you knew about gb you would have known that wall sliding wasnt even "banned" during early part of socom 2. and if it was..you were never on the top of the ladder or played ANY of the actually good competition on that site.

as far as the rest of the comments....Its an debate that is literally not going to go anywhere. The people on this site are going to feel one way and the rest of the community another.

But let it be known that the only time that ive personally seen some sort of drama has included people from this site. These arguments are not happening at all with other users. (m203s,m60s,wall sliding,nade spamming)

3. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

Should I start screenshotting the hissy fits and salt mining from the lobby chat, or do you wanna walk this one back now? I've been witness to some real shit fits and team killing festivals. I guess I should record the next one to dispel the myth that only TRS is capable of drama.

MR.BLONDE likes this.
  4. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

start by screenshotting this please...

5. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

Legit laughing at all of this shit.

It's like 2003 all over again except we're much more mature....or at least that's what I thought.

It's just amazing to me that people care that much about 14 year old dead fucking game to be crying about what guns to use and this perceived divide of a community of less than 100 mofos. I log on MAYBE once a week on Xlink to shit the shoot with the fellas here. Shit I wouldn't even CARE if didn't play the damn game and just shot the shit. In fact we did that for a good amount of time on Friday night.

but for real, everyone needs to stop fucking crying and put your big boy britches on, and move the fuck on to the next community night. See yall next Friday.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Champ, Drum, WAR_PIG and 2 others like this.
  6. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

In that case I think the most logical conclusion is that since you admit you are a sample size of one, your argument as to who is responsible for whatever Xlink drama you're talking about is statically insignificant and can be dismissed as easily as it's been asserted.

Tawok, MR.BLONDE and Swill like this.
  7. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

My clan was was ranked in the top 10 for the entire time we were active. Our tiebreaker map was Enowapi Seals.

Only the best played on Gamebattles.

Btw, your sig is really, really cool and edgy. Can you show me how to make one using my name?

Drum, MR.BLONDE and Swill like this.
  8. MasturbaterNV

MasturbaterNV 203 Spammer

Not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic.

Because if you were on Gamebattles, let alone a Top 10 GB clan then your previous arguments earlier in this thread are moot.

SkiMask and Tawok like this.
  9. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Be quiet.

No one is complaining about people wall-sliding on accident. Go and watch a lot of streams and video footage of the pubby X-Link players. They're doing it completely intentionally, every single round of every single map.

Secondly, guns don't lag rooms. That's a bullshit excuse being peddled around by wall-sliders in order to justify purposefully using a known exploit and cheat. I played on Friday night on Crossroads in a room full of M60's and I didn't have any lag issues whatsoever. So, stop with that non-sense. If you think using certain guns is worse than wall-sliding, then you're either delusional or full of shit.

Lastly, there is no divide or segregation going on. We played in a public room together with pubbies on Friday night. We've done that before, many times. We've also had pubby players come and play with us. However, even IF there was a divide, it doesn't matter. Who cares. Whether or not the player base is united doesn't matter. What does matter is that people are playing. It's better to have 80 segregated players playing SOCOM than 20 united players. It's about the numbers, not whether or not those numbers are singing Kumbaya together.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  10. Swill

Swill Killjoy

That's because we play to a higher standard, and expect that. We don't use a known cheat in order to play. We try to advocate that others not use a known cheat too. However, the pubbies apparently are too addicted to the cheat to change it, so who cares at this point.

On Community Nights, we stick to our own because we like to play a fair, balanced game without cheats being exploited by players, something the pubbies don't like to do. If you want to play with us, you're more than welcome to do so. The more the merrier. We just ask that people don't cheat by wall-sliding. It's that simple.

WAR_PIG, MR.BLONDE and MACK IS GOD like this.
  11. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

I'd just like to apologize to my TRS brethren... I feel this has all stemmed from my hastily posted thread on Friday night in the Xlink FB page. It started as a serious inquiry as I had never heard of m60s being frowned upon. But ended in a smart ass quip about them being "delicate snowflakes". LOL Probably not the right term. I am still not buying the argument that it lags up the room. Other then a little frame rate drop I didn't witness any lag in our Friday room.

I see now where people might draw from my post a division as I also said the wall sliding nonsense is why "most" TRS don't like to play in pubbies and like our pw rooms. It was wrong I think for me to charcharize us like that and I should NOT have spoke for all or most TRS. Lesson learned. Not going to be posting over there much anymore. I just want to say sorry if I caused any drama. I am however going to use the M60 everytime I'm in a pubby room now. haha!

Drum, hexum and MR.BLONDE like this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

Nothing to apologize for. They are they enemy and they must be destroyed. If they arent with us, they are against us. And if they are against us they must be exterminated.

Preferably with M60.

Champ and WAR_PIG like this.
  13. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

it honestly was not a big deal after that map but escalated bigger due to everyone having a different vision on what the game should be. its cool.

i do really hope mack is just trolling to troll though with all his gamebattles comments.

MACK IS GOD and Drum like this.
  14. Swill

Swill Killjoy

We do it to make fun of the elitist attitude that people who claim to have regularly played on GB always seem to have. The fact is, GB was nothing special and people tend to put it on some kind of pedestal, so we like to make fun of people when they start saying things like, "If you had played Gamebattles back in the day" and "You would know better if you had played GB seriously."

Drum likes this.
  15. MACK IS GOD

Gamebattles is where the best players were. The finger speed on Gamebattles was much better than anywhere else.

Only the best played on Gamebattles.

16. Swill

Swill Killjoy

LOL, I swear it never gets old man lol.

17. MACK IS GOD

So tonight was a wonderful trip down memory lane for me.

I'd like to thank Karim for clutching Desert Glory, and @Swill for using his spawn properly on Nightstalker and raining terror from the skies and literally making me piss myself.

I think we all did a great job being ambassadors for the Socom community and made a lot of strides towards bridging the divide in the Xlink community. We created a lot of good will tonight and should see the results of that in the weeks to come.

It was a pleasure playing with you, gentlemen.

Swill and iKarimster like this.
  18. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

I watched the stream this morning up to where you guys locked the room down and seriously spit my coffee out laughing so hard. Sorry I missed that fun. Would love to see night stalker footage. Lol

19. SocomKillah28

SocomKillah28 Boom Boolah!

Nightstalker consisted of us (the Seals) being decimated by M79s early on but what commenced was one of the most epic come backs in Socom history.

Due to our superior genetics, we inevitably adapted to the situation and overcame the odds. (And an honorable mention to someone that did the right thing and started TKing you bastards LMAO)

GGs

WAR_PIG likes this.
  20. MACK IS GOD

Hahaha. If I didnt have literally the worst spawn available that match would never have went 7 rounds.

Also you cant have it both ways, either you made a comeback, or TWO people on our side started teamkilling. If wasnt for that, you would have been fully penetrated. We had already mounted you and were getting the tip in when the teamkilling started.

Either way, I was a great time, HAHAHA.

I knew that was you over there with the "Dolphin diving is a placebo" taunts, LMAO.