Just bought a ps4 pro

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by S_L_I_C_K, Apr 17, 2017.

1. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

As the title says, I just ordered a ps4 pro from amazon yesterday. I wanted to get another ps4 so I could use 1 as a dedicated server on ARK but instead of spending $260 on a ps4 I opted for the ps4 pro for $400. I do not have a 4k tv though, so my question is, is it worth having the pr anyway? So anyone who has one, do you see any differences anywhere else with the pro?
  2. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Yes, even if you don't have a 4k TV some games will look enhanced if you will. I'm sure mostly newer games you'll see it look sharper and better in general. Uncharted 4 to me looks so much cleaner as well as other games that have received the Pro patch.
  3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

is there any difference on non updated games as far as frame rate drops are concerned? On both ark and 7 days to die the more you build at your home base the lower the frame rate drops. on 7 days to die the frame rate would drop way below 30 fps and stay there if you had an elaborate base built. On ark the frame rate drops to under 10 fps as you ender the base and everything starts rendering but goes back up and seems fine once its all loaded in.
  4. HTK

HTK nos·tal·gia

Non-Updates games there is no real significant improvement however there is "Boost Mode" which may increase some FPS. Not sure how well it works but you can look it up on youtube.
  5. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Navy SEAL

yeah I looked at a few vids and read some stuff but I was just looking for the opinions of real people and not people begging for views, working for whoever.