Just Got IP Banned LOL

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by LUKENBACHER, Mar 26, 2015.

1. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i think there used to be. i just went and looked at the mod list and holy shit that place is so inactive even most of the mods haven't logged in in days or weeks. first time i have been on that site in about 6 months or so...

2. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

Dirty used to be a MOD. He's into Task Force right now.

3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i thought so. was that the one that got pissed off and called them out on their shit and got kicked for it?

4. Eagle_F15

I believe he silently moved on.

5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

How do you NOT remember this avatar?!?
    upload_2017-9-19_16-0-5.png

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  6. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

I remember him. Just not being a mod.

7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

oh. Whats it like over there? Is it really only a post a day or two now like Slick mentioned? That'd be kinda sad.

8. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

17 posts in the last week

9. MasterofNone

MasterofNone Green Up

Not a lot of activity... still a daily base

Attached Files:

10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Dang it never had to be this way. Literally chased everyone away. Even if the game was as it is now and if you only exclude one or two events, I bet they would've still had as much activity as in the first year or so. Oh well I suppose.

MR.BLUE likes this.
  11. RaidenXS

There's not much to talk about. It's a waiting game. Everything's been decided so what would people post?

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Um. Highlight videos, tourneys, clips, events, meet ups, framework, implementation, ect ect ect

MR.BLUE likes this.
  13. RaidenXS

Tournaments aren't viable because it's still in development. I guess if they had something seasonal like R6 Siege, it could work. But then you'd force changes per season rather than once it's immediately available. An example would be the NFL kick-off distance change. It happened post season to not fuck with the current season and rule changes.

Clips/highlights are out there. I believe after the Friday Night Fights they'll put some footage out that people end up recording but that's on the users.

No events planned from the SOF side so nothing to say. Other than the aforementioned FNF.

Framework? Please expand.

And implementation of new features is kinda half-assed. Spabrog with put out a video after each patch but rather than showcasing the change. He'll comment via audio over gameplay footage of the most recent patch notes when they do come out. Spab's also a community member not part of the dev team. He does other stuff so asking him to be the implementation guy would be asking too much.

I think it's a matter of know where to look in terms of HHour activity.

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Huh. There is so much to say about your response, I'm not sure you or anyone want that wall of text.

Bummer is all I'll say. The sights are so low and "where to look" almost felt like an inside dig at them and not me.

Me and 30,000 other Minnesotans be like:
    Capture.JPG

MR.BLUE likes this.
  15. RaidenXS

Not everyone on the internet is a troll. Either you see hostility everywhere you look or you want to be hostile. It's not a dig at anyone. It's simply if you're not in touch with a certain anything, you wouldn't know. I wasn't a part of Reddit for the longest time. With that, I had no idea what R6:Siege was doing for future states. Now that I've joined, I can see what's coming down the pipeline.

16. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Whatevs my dude. Just speaking to the fact that driving away customers from your website that you WANT and DESPERATELY NEED people to come to and talk about your "thing" just seems flat out odd to me is all.

No big deal.

Hostility isn't even remotely an emotion I'm experiencing when internalizing H Hour.

MR.BLUE likes this.
  17. RaidenXS

I think it's a matter of utilizing different social media tools other than a single website. Like using Youtube or Twitch to showcase HHour current state. These tools already exist.

Again, it's a matter of finding out where to look (as in who to follow).

SkiMask likes this.
  18. Eagle_F15

Its there it just gets no attention.

19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

SOF got an official channel they broadcast/stream to or on? Or do we just do the blanket search for a random game uploaded to YT?

Now I'm kinda wondering when the last time the President of the Studio played his own game and allowed folks to interact with him in real time? Yeah, lets answer that one, shall we?

20. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i already answered that one. everyone seemed to have an opinion on why i was wrong but the fact is he is long gone.

SkiMask likes this.